FANDOM

• I'm not sure what to do about underage users. One user had told me not to block them because they could have parental consent, but another user told me to block them anyways because it doesn't matter. These users straight up said "I am 10" and other variations of that.

Loading editor
    • You have to be 13 to be on Wikia, so block them until they are 13.

Loading editor
    • Legodude104 wrote:
      You have to be 13 to be on Wikia, so block them until they are 13.

Does parental consent not matter in any cases?

Loading editor
    • No it doesn't.

Loading editor
    • Glaciersong
      Glaciersong removed this reply because:
      nvm, solved
      23:37, May 6, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • I was just about to send you the link. Here it is:

https://www.fandom.com/terms-of-use

Loading editor
    • Terms of Use says this though. "You confirm that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company, or an emancipated minor, or have parental or legal guardian consent and are fully able and competent to enter into, and comply with, these Terms of Use."

But at the same time I've seen people get globally blocked because they are under 13. So...?

Loading editor
    • Legodude104 wrote:
      I was just about to send you the link. Here it is:

https://www.fandom.com/terms-of-use

Ah, thank you.

Loading editor
    • Fandom's Terms of Use require users to be at least 13 years of age. Users in California, USA and countries belonging the the EEA (except UK) are required to be at least 16 years of age. These are the requirements that Fandom has decided to impose due to US and EU regulations. As a user, you are not required to do anything about minors. However, you can report or block them if you wish.

Once Fandom knows about the minors, they are legally required to block them. The regulations do allow exceptions in cases where the minors have parental/guardian consent. However, the regulations do not require companies to implement these exceptions. From a legal perspective, Fandom needs to expressly obtain consent from the parent/guardian. Fandom cannot make the argument "well, they may have had consent so we didn't block them". If Fandom does not have a written statement from the parent/guardian that they can present in a court of law, then they must assume that the minor does not have consent and block them. Because obtaining, cataloging, maintaining, and storing such statements would require additional resources, most online companies don't bother and just don't allow minors at all; whether or not there is parental/guardian consent.

Loading editor
    • Parental Consent does not matter and any underage users would have their account closed by FANDOM. Also is it okay if I can have the link to the thread/page with comment

Loading editor
    • Why would you need the page?

Loading editor
    • I started thinking about it. No

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.