FANDOM

• I started two wikis. They were both about my game Automobile Playground on roblox because my friend asked me to make one.

I started the second one with different settings because the first one looked like crap... And the second one did too.

Can you please change them back to the old classic theme like this wiki? While I'm working on my wiki, I atleast don't want my eyes to hurt!

Loading editor
    • Indeed I did ask

Loading editor
      1. Is this the same user with two different accounts? The names and avatars are similarly themed.
      2. In the future, if you don't like the "settings", you should just ask staff to change them rather than create a whole new wiki. I suggest you decide which URL you want to keep and then ask staff to close the other one. You could also ask them to redirect the closed wiki's URL to the open one.
      3. No, you cannot get this layout. All new wikis created starting March 11, 2020 are hosted using the new platform. This new platform is called the Unified Community Platform (UCP), uses an updated version of the MediaWiki software (1.33 as opposed to 1.19), and has a significantly different appearance.
        • At the moment, Fandom is still working on porting features. So you may find yourself unable to do some things at the moment.
        • Even if you could use the legacy platform for new wikis, it would be a futile effort. After Fandom has ported critical current features, it will start migrating wikis from the legacy platform to UCP. By the end of the process, all wikis (regardless of when they were created) will be using this new platform.
        Loading editor
    • Regarding the similar thing, he made my pfp

Loading editor
    • But we are different people XD

Loading editor
    • if this is true..

Goodbye, fandom!

Loading editor
    • Well, it is true. You can find the announcement here.

Loading editor
    • Bye bye fandom!

If they're gonna trash the theme to the point it hurts my eyes every time I look at it then I have no reason to be on FANDOM. I'm requesting my account do be deleted.

Besides, this means I have more time to work on Automobile Playground!

And this is also a good lesson on why you should let people go to old themes! Controversy isn't good for your project!

Loading editor
    • Well, users who leave won't have many alternatives. Most of the changes are because of the upgrade to the new MediaWiki version. Most other MediaWiki projects (including the other farms) have already switched to the new version. In fact, most are using a version that is even newer than the one Fandom is upgrading to. So actually, Fandom is "behind the times" compared to most other MediaWiki projects.

Loading editor
    • Gamma Waves wrote:
      Bye bye fandom!

If they're gonna trash the theme to the point it hurts my eyes every time I look at it then I have no reason to be on FANDOM. I'm requesting my account do be deleted.

Besides, this means I have more time to work on Automobile Playground!

And this is also a good lesson on why you should let people go to old themes! Controversy isn't good for your project!

FANDOM doesn't delete accounts, but only disables them.

Here's the link to disable your account.

https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Special:CloseMyAccount

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      Well, users who leave won't have many alternatives. Most of the changes are because of the upgrade to the new MediaWiki version. Most other MediaWiki projects (including the other farms) have already switched to the new version. In fact, most are using a version that is even newer than the one Fandom is upgrading to. So actually, Fandom is "behind the times" compared to most other MediaWiki projects.

Agreed. I guess they will also quit on those wikis too. 🤷

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.