FANDOM

• You can use inputbox¬†on a wiki page and create a search box but I was wondering if there was a way to integrate it into the top navigation, I understand there is a universal one for all wikis but some of the people helping create the wiki said they didn't realize it was a thing and wanted a more visible one. I can't work out how or if it's possible to create one for Top Navigation. I'm currently working with a prototype on the home wiki page.

Loading editor
    • The "universal" one starts with the local wiki *first*, and in fact reads "search [local name]wiki". And it is right there next to our profile avatars, so unsure how that is hard to find?

As for adding your own as part of the Navigation Bar, that would be be a violation of the Customization policy.

Loading editor
    • Perhaps what they mean was they didn't realize it searched the local wiki? Most of the other stuff up there is not related to the local wikis so I could understand how that might be confusing.

Loading editor
    • A couple years back, there was a way to toggle that search field from Local to All of Wikia. Seems they did away what function and it's only Local now.

Loading editor
    • I assume you mean while still in the global header, correct? Because you can still do that once you are on the search page.

Loading editor
    • Yes. It was while still in the header.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.