FANDOM

• Is there a way that the users don't get the option of creating polls on discussions? Can admins disable the poll feature on discussions?

Loading editor
    • I don't think so. Is there a reason why you don't want users creating polls?

Loading editor
    • I wish it could be disabled, but it can't be. It would probably be a violation of the Customization Policy, anyway.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: I don't think so. Is there a reason why you don't want users creating polls?

On a wiki, people flooded the discussions with the polls (especially image polls). They are attractive somehow due to which they get more than 50 votes while the people who do the actual discussions like post some questions and answers, tricky questions, or share opinions get less attention, only 4-5 people reply on it. Due to which I wanna stop/ban the polls on discussions. Admins had the right to enable and disable polls on discussions before, they were able to do it by their wiki features option present in the admin dashboard. But now they are not.

Loading editor
    • I believe you are referring to AJAX polls when you say "before", is that correct? AJAX polls are a completely different feature from Discussions polls and can still be toggled on/off via the method you mentioned. Unfortunately, as Fandyllic said, there is currently no way to turn off Discussion polls. However, perhaps you could explain your situation to staff and suggest that they consider adding a similar toggle for Discussion polls.

Loading editor
    • Thank you, I will contact the staffs.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.