FANDOM

• Grg2nkt34kn
    Source: https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Help:Parser_functions

Okay, how we do this? This is exactly what I want to do, but I can't find any example. Help? Not really an expert in wiki stuff

Loading editor
    • You might want to ask CzechOut directly. They are the user that added that paragraph. As far as I am aware, the particular example they provided is not actually possible. However, they might know something I don't.

Loading editor
    • If you want to do something special for Files, {{#if:{{Namespace:n}}|yes| no}} where n is whatever the number assigned to File: namespace is.

Loading editor
    • That help file has a strangely really bad example. I suspect it is because the wording is by a non-native English speaker. My guess is the example was trying to use the case where you put a page that uses a template in a different category based on an #if, but the wording uses "print" improperly.

Loading editor
    • I am pretty sure that isn't how the NAMESPACE magic word works. But yes, if you are specifically interested in distinguishing between file pages and articles, you can do that using the namespace instead. However, I still don't think you can distinguish between which categories a page belongs to.

Edit:

Fandyllic, I hadn't thought of that. That could definitely be the case.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: I am pretty sure that isn't how the NAMESPACE magic word works.

I for some reason decided to help at 1AM.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.