FANDOM

• The list of things wrong with new UCP wikis is so long, I'm not going to try to post it now, but I wonder if anyone else has specific problems with new UCP wikis they want to call out.

Loading editor
    • Obviously, some sync issues. I edited my preferences in a UCP test wiki to disable the editor, and it enabled VE on legacy. I later found out it also changed my language settings, and I've heard of people where it set RC to Enhanced.

Loading editor
    • Just to be clear are we talking bugs and errors or user preference problems?

Loading editor
    • This is a bug in preferences. Or did you mean "I don't like it I prefer the other one"?

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote: This is a bug in preferences. Or did you mean "I don't like it I prefer the other one"?

Sorry, I meant in regards to the thread in general. And by User preferences- I mean what they are liking/not liking so far.

For issues, bug and errors- I find the loading is sluggish generally and as for the issues in "Preferences" is known issue according to staff and it currently doesn't sync with regular preferences. Causing to changes to your regular Preferences for UPC Preferences and your UPC Preferences for regular Preferences.

Example: If you have Source Editor Enabled on regular preferences; it Enables Visual Editor in UPC. If you have Visual Edit Disabled in UPC preferences; it Disables Source Editor for regular preferences.

Loading editor
    • Hollowness wrote:

Example: If you have Source Editor Enabled on regular preferences; it Enables Visual Editor in UPC. If you have Visual Edit Disabled in UPC preferences; it Disables Source Editor for regular preferences.

Yuck...

The first thing I ran into was how they seem to have broken starter.fandom.com, but it seems to be mostly fixed now. However, when it was broken, all the stuff that normally gets copied from there didn't when making a new wiki which is pretty painful.

Loading editor
    • From my comment to UCP release blog:

So I created a new wiki (w:c:chiosschoolroad) with starter in this screwed up state and it did not copy over starter content, so basically my wiki is hosed. I tried to copy over Module:Mbox and Template:MessageBox after the fact and is seems now the Lua is broken on my new wiki (see w:c:chiosschoolroad:Template:MessageBox).
      I'm tempted to ask to have the new wiki deleted, since it is in such a bad state. Too much work to fix.
        Loading editor
    • New UCP wikis may also be missing the Main Page link on Discussions, but it could be part of the broken starter issue.

Looks like I was not the only victim of the screwed up starter wiki. This wiki has the same problem (Template:MessageBox exists on starter, but not this wiki): https://kadaashitestwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Template:MessageBox

Loading editor
    • NerdWithAKeyboard reacted:

• Videos in infoboxes: when a video is put in an infobox, the play icon is enlarged and moved down, nearly doubling the size of the infobox.
      Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 8.05.30 PM
      • Videos in galleries have messed-up images
      Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 8.07.42 PM
      • (Duplicate to #5)
      • No permission to create the CSS; I heard that CSS had not been implemented yet, so that one just might be waiting for it to be implemented.
      • No Special:WikiActivity; only Special:RecentChanges

Thanks for your time!

Thread:1826182

I also want to keep custom with CSS in one of my wiki.

Loading editor
    • Looks like there are a huge amount of problems with Phase 1 UCP wikis when looking at comments to recent blog.

Loading editor
    • I made my Wiki and I try to put activity feed on my page but it won't even let me do it and replace the main page on the Nav bar.

Loading editor
    • Plus they update and redesigned the Editor Toolbar

Loading editor
    • How can I do a wiki on cellphone?

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:

I'm tempted to ask to have the new wiki deleted, since it is in such a bad state. Too much work to fix.

If not that, ticket for staff to fix for you X / If anything they should at least know or express that transferring wikis to the UCP isn't a working option at the moment.

Loading editor
    • I don't think transferring wikis is happening. The Phase 1 UCP is usable, but is just a vastly inferior experience to the MW 1.19-based wikis. For veteran wiki users, it might be too painful to work around. New users might not notice and probably won't be trying too much. However, if they do, they will run into many problems.

Loading editor
    • Yeah, the before times are a more desirable way of editing at the moment. I was just hoping if anything from this disastrous experience you had, that staff should put a disclaimer warning up for those creating new wikis (especially if they thought to transfer) to refrain till UCP is usable. People (while in create a wiki page) should be warned instead of the ugly surprise.

Loading editor
    • The editing is even harder than before. The good thing about the old version was not only we have a lot more of space. But it also was more organizated.

Loading editor
    • I have some "its a pain in the neck!" complains:

Making or even putting infoboxes, the pretty little writting space, things unorganized, and is even hard to save something just because it seems like a pile of stuff in a room.

Loading editor
    • When I Make My Page on my wiki, it messed up. What is happening to my wikia?! There are shapes and my profile is large.

Loading editor
    • Which wiki is this?

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.