FANDOM

• Hello, I'm an Italian helper at Fandom and I'd like to offer this space to the admins of http://tekken.fandom.com/it/, https://tekken.fandom.com/fr/ and http://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/ to talk to each others in order to solve their issues. I'm writing in English (at least trying XD ) to avoid misunderstanding since the issue involves different wikis, but you can use the language you prefer.

So, as far as I understand Alelm and Arbiteras claim that Clara0408 is copying content without permission from their wikis and they have an issue with that and also want to take that content down. Here we think lies a big misunderstanding about how licenses work on Fandom, so let's first try to explain how it works. By using Fandom, you implicitly agree on the Terms of Use and specifically on this page it's explained how licenses work on the platform:

"By editing or otherwise contributing to a wiki that uses the CC BY-SA license, you agree to license any text you change or contribute under the CC BY-SA license."

which means that the moment anyone publishes anything on a Fandom's wiki, they consent to release that content to the same license of that wiki which is CC-BY-SA (there might be exceptions, but let's keep it simple), and

"Individual wikis may not use a license other than CC-BY-SA unless it has been explicitly permitted by Fandom, Inc. Non-permitted uses of alternate licenses automatically default to CC-BY-SA."

which means that no wiki can change their license at their discretion without Fandom's explicit permission. So that being said, what does the CC-BY-SA license mean? It's a free license and to comply with that license when you copy/share/rework any content under it, you need to 1) attribute properly the original source and 2) share it with the same license.

I agree that asking permission before copying/sharing/reworking content from another wiki is good manners, but for anyone to comply to the license it's sufficient to just give proper credit to the source which can be accomplished by adding a link to the source on the page, in a note or even just in the edit summary when publishing the content and if the content is changed enough, then you cannot even consider it the same content and therefore you don't even need to give credit (although it might still be good manner to do so). You cannot really demand for that content to be taken down, if you don't like your content to be copied on Fandom then you shouldn't publish here. And this might seems unfair, but you have to understand that if every user could claim total ownership of their content, it would not be possible to collaborate on a wiki because I could alter a page made by someone else and that undermines the whole wiki philosophy of collaboration.

I saw there was also a dispute involving images, but I did not understand where those images came from or who made them. The license of the image is decided by the original author who made it, so you need to check its source. Since you all have a wiki about a videogame, chances are that most of your images are official images from that videogame, and those images are copyrighted by the company who produced it and you can use them on Fandom under Fair Use. If the image you are using is a fan art, then you have to check the license the author chose for it and use that on Fandom too. A key point here is that the user who uploads an image on Fandom is not the author of said image and does not have any say on its license unless they are also the original creator.

Tell me if I misunderstood anything or if you have any questions and you can also use this space to talk with each other and resolve any other dispute you might have. You are also welcome to ask the opinion of other helpers or, if you want a more official opinion, staff. Any other users involved with thos wikis is also welcome to express their opinion or offer an explanation.

Hope this will help!

Loading editor
    • Hello,

I will start with what concerns the French site. We welcomed Clara last summer. At the beginning, she participated in the various discussions and asked questions for her site. We helped her with the categories, the menu etc ...

https://tekken.fandom.com/fr/wiki/Fil:43220

Sometimes it changed things that shouldn't be, but nothing too serious. The language barrier means that we never said anything.
      Then, by going to her site, we realized that she was stealing absolutely all of our images. You should know that my collaborator has invested money in a tool allowing to make screenshots. It also stole game sounds that we spent hours extracting. Finally, she roughly translated our texts through google translation.
      We have kindly asked him to remove this many times. She accepted, withdrew one thing and left the rest and continued to steal content. After I got mad, we made a deal, and she stopped stealing content. https://tekken.fandom.com/fr/wiki/Fil:43220

At that time, she started sending us tons of messages asking for help or asking if she could use a picture or a sound.
      I tried to answer, but quickly got tired of it, especially since I realized that she was using things before I even got an answer from us. https://tekken.fandom.com/fr/wiki/Fil:43235 https://tekken.fandom.com/fr/wiki/Fil:43236 https://tekken.fandom.com/fr/wiki/Fil:43475 https://tekken.fandom.com/fr/wiki/Fil:43491 https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/Conversazione:2798 After that a few weeks passed and we discovered that more than ever she was stealing our content.
      For example, I wrote a whole text on a character and two days later it was on his site. Besides, you just have to wander over it to see how rough it is a rough pasted copy of our site. https://tekken.fandom.com/fr/wiki/Fil:43457 This time, I therefore decided to go delete the stolen texts, images and sounds. Except that there were a lot of them, so in action I deleted images from the games without knowing that they were not ours. And there, Clara blocked me. Which is incredible considering all that she had done before .... all the complaints, all the help ... She blocked me for three images. My collaborator tried to chat with her without success, she says that she will stop but continues. https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/Bacheca:Koji04 At that moment, exasperated, I decided to block it in turn from our site. To which she responded with a final ban.
      At the same time, I discovered that Arbiteras also had problems with it. Finally, problems similar to ours.

Must realize that we have worked six years on our site. We have worked with lots of people, all very friendly, and we don't mind doing it. However, being robbed in this way is not acceptable. This is why we have just created another website on a different platform in case the conflict does not find a solution, so we will close our site. Also, we do not refrain from creating a website in Italian since in any case Clara's site is the same as ours translated in a ridiculous way by a translator.

The existence of two Italian sites seems to me quite strange, and you can quickly see who is the problem in this story. Hope that a solution is found because all of this is not very motivating.

Loading editor
    • I miei problemi con Clara vanno oltre alla copia, che come ho già detto, molti fanno. Un conto è chiedere (dando la fonte e tutto) e poi dopo che un amministratore dà via libera può farlo, ma addirittura copiare e incollare su Google Traduttore, senza correggere la grammatica o errori (gravi) di formattazione non è accettabile. Io ho chiesto più volte di rispettare gli standard qualità della mia Wikia, come ho già scritto nella mia pagina, piuttosto era meglio scriverne uno da zero e curarlo, perchè voglio che la mia wikia sia la più originale possibile. Normalmente all'inizio  lascio stare che qualcuno commette errori, ma non quando continua, dopo aver detto, spiegato e ribadito più volte che non è così che si deve fare, lì non è più un errore ma è intenzionale.

Stessa cosa dopo che lei aveva scaricato immagini da internet di Tekken, caricate sulla wikia senza catalogarle (lasciando un nome tipo "3521aff1fazvb0£3.jpg") nè mettere licenza nè niente, lasciandomi ore per catalogarle (decine di immagini).

Il fatto è più che Clara dopo che gli dici di non fare qualcosa, lei ti dice di aver capito e poi te lo fa alle spalle, in barba alla tua pazienza (questo fatto è evidenziato anche da Alelm).

Come quando ho detto che non ammettevo pubblicità della sua wikia sulla mia (Andate su Tekkenpedia) lei ha detto "va bene" poi qualche tempo dopo, l'ha rimesso su di nascosto, mi sento preso in giro così. Se poi fai notare questo fatto, lei risponde con qualcosa del tipo  "Come osi? Io ti ho "aiutato" e mi ripaghi così?"

Detto ciò ho ritenuto opportuno allontare Clara dalla mia Wikia, in quanto sia stava portando discussioni da altre wikia e danneggiava la mia, ed questa decisione per me è definitiva (dati avvertimenti multipli). ​​​

Loading editor
    • Ciao, 

allora:

Dopo l'accordo, non ho preso nulla. Quali tre immagini? Tutte quelle che stavi cancellando erano di Namco e non vostre. Koji stesso ha detto che ti sei confuso. E poi scusa, chi ti ha detto che è dal traduttore, io capisco abbastanza bene il francese. Ma cosa ti fa tanto arrabbiare? Che portino un nome simile?

Loading editor
    • @Arbiteras: Continui a dire calunnie su di me? Non ho mai litigato con altri utenti, solo con te a causa del tuo comportamento e con Alelm a causa di un malinteso. Mi ero appena iscritta, vai a controllare le date! Non mi hai mai detto di fare un articolo per volta e le immagini le caricavo così perché non sapevo nemmeno nominarle, e l'unica volta che mi hai detto di rinominarle, dopo le ho caricate con i nomi giusti.

Per quanto riguarda il link è il mio profilo, non ho messo niente di volgare, offensivo o altro in esso. Poi, Mirsafil2010 è un mio amico che viene ogni anno a casa mia a fare una partita a Tekken, e lui voleva vedere TEKKENPEDIA non TEKKEN WIKI. L'altro utente, dopo avergli dato la risposta, gli avevo semplicemente detto che se voleva potevamo discutere sui lottatori ispirati in Tekkenpedia, niente di più. 

E poi scusa, sembra che non "rispettavo" le regole di proposito, ma se io su Fandom non sapevo fare un accidente prima! Da sola (E grazie all'aiuto dei helper) sono riuscita a capire i meccanismi, le funzioni dei diversi codici e template e altro!

Ma dimmi: provi piacere in dire calunnie sugli altri?

Loading editor
    • Senti, Arbiteras, preferisco ignorarti, non sono qui per discutere delle due wiki aperte, ma delle tue calunnie su di me: dici le cose come se le avessi fatte di proposito. 

Loading editor
    • @Alelm: It seems to me that you haven't actually read my first post, I will invite you to do that again. The point you are misunderstanding is that the content you publish on any wiki is not yours. I understand that it requires time and effort, but no one can claim ownership of any page on Fandom and therefore you cannot demand such content to be taken down. Anyone can copy the content of a any wiki as long they give it proper credit, such is the nature of open wikis under CC-BY-SA, furthermore if the content is translated then it cannot be considered the original content anymore. I know that it seems counter-intuitive, but if someone could claim sole ownership of the content that they publish on a wiki, then it wouldn't be possible for multiple users to edit such content and that goes against the very nature of an open collaborative wiki project.

Alelm wrote:

Then, by going to her site, we realized that she was stealing absolutely all of our images. You should know that my collaborator has invested money in a tool allowing to make screenshots. It also stole game sounds that we spent hours extracting.

It seems to me that this multimedia content that your are talking about was extracted from the game. If so, it's copyrighted material that belongs to the pulisher of the game and you can (probably) use it on your wiki under fair use. But, again, you cannot claim that it's yours. I understand that it took time and effort to be "extracted", but since it's not yours, you cannot forbid other people to re-use it or demand to be taken down (or remove it yourself on other wikis). You are not the author of such content, you merely publish it under fair use on your wiki and by doing so you made that content available for anyone which in turn they can use it under fair use like you do. This is what you are misunderstanding.

Alelm wrote: This is why we have just created another website on a different platform in case the conflict does not find a solution, so we will close our site.

If you are forking your wiki I should remind you that you cannot delete the content of your wiki or redirect it/promote your new project (if it's hosted outside Fandom). If you wish to stop working on your Fandom wiki, it's sad to see you leave, but you have to simply abandon it. You cannot close it to favor your new project because as I stated before, you do not "own" the wiki. Simply leave the wiki up for adoption until someone else decides to continue your work. Doing otherwise is a ToU violation. But I would also stress that even if you move to another wiki host, the same points from before hold true: on virtually any wiki the content is always available under CC-BY-SA because otherwise it wouldn't be an open wiki, the only exception that I can think of is a wiki hosted on your personal server where you can decide which license to use. But the fact that you do not own the images/multimedia content extracted from the game is true regardless of where you move your project. You cannot demand those to be taken down if used by others, if anything the game publisher can demand you to remove that content and in that case you will have to comply.

@Everyone: since you are admins on your respective wikis, you can decide if and when ban people so you can ban each others or simply ignore each others.

@Arbiteras @Clara0408: rimane sempre valido il fatto che è estramemente controproducente avere due wiki sullo stesso argomento nella stessa lingua, ma se non riuscite a collaborare sulla stessa wiki c'è poco che posso fare. Se non riuscite a collaborare, semplicemente ignoratevi o bannatevi, a voi la scelta. Per questioni future potete sempre usare la wiki centrale come luogo neuto per comunicare. Tuttavia valgono le stesse cose che ho detto ad Alelm sulla "copia" dei contenti.

Loading editor
    • IT} Comprendiamo le vostre ragioni, ma non potete fare un tentativo di collaborazione come si deve? Adesso dovreste avere abbastanza esperienza (e spero maturità) per trovare un accordo su come lavorare sulla stessa wiki, anche con il supporto degli helper se proprio pensate di non esserne in grado da soli. Se poi fallite nel cooperare, potete sempre ridividervi e limitarvi ognuno al proprio metodo per ottenere due wiki con metà dei contenuti e metà dei lettori.

EN} We understand your reasons, but cannot you make an attempt to collaborate properly? Now you should have enough experience (and I hope maturity) to find an agreement on how to work on the same wiki, even with the help of us helpers if you really think you are unable to do it by yourselves. And if you fail to cooperate, you can always split up and limit yourself to your own method obtaining two wikis with half the content and half the readers.

Loading editor
    • It's complete rubbish. Someone just takes someone else's text, puts it in a translator and calls it a website .... but you agree. No respect for other people's working hours. This is the first time I see this on wikia, so far, I have only seen people help each other and respect the work of others.

Loading editor
    • Many international wikis start by translating their English conterpart content, it's common practice. Have you ever done it? You also keep stressing about the fact of using someone else work, but have you ever used a template or some code from another wiki? Isn't that the same thing?

If it's a matter of quality, you only need to worry about the quality of your wiki. If Clara0408's wiki has poor quality, it's that wiki problem.

Loading editor
    • Ripeto che, se Arbiteras vuole, può venire su Tekkenpedia e diventare amministratore. Se vuole, può usare anche alcuni metodi suoi, non gli vieto niente. Siccome le pagine (e i contenuti) di Tekken Wiki sono di meno sarebbe più facili trasferirli su Tekkenpedia poi per Tekkenpedia ho già stampato tantissime pubblicità https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/f/p/3137508330177062534 e tra poco aprirò una pagina Twitter e Facebook. Dico, questo era quello che pensavo. Sempre se lui vuole e rispetto la decisione. A me basta che non va a dire agli altri bugie su di me, se no ci ignoriamo e basta.

Loading editor
    • What contempt! No, we have not copied the English content, we are trying to provide official content. For the codes, we asked for help, and learned. Obviously you don't care. It seems to me that I have the right to find it shameful and abnormal that someone offers an Italian version of our site translated via a translator. And if you had anything to do with it, you would make a simple decision that would prevent tekken fans from ending up on a site that gives false information about the game.

Loading editor
    • Non stavo parlando con te, Alelm, ma mi riferivo ad Arbiteras. Poi, quali false informazioni? Io ho giocato ai giochi, visto video e ho alcune conoscenze che hanno giocato ai primi Tekken. Come vuoi che metta false informazioni? Non mi permetterei mai a ingannare qualcuno, soprattuto su una cosa che gioco da molti anni.

Loading editor
    • It seems obvious that I did not speak with you. What use? You don't stop lying. When I think I came to your aid, it disgusts me.

Loading editor
    • Come, scusa? 

Stai mettendo in discussione il fatto che gioco? Non sai da quando gioco a Tekken! Che ne sai tu di me per contraddirlo?

Loading editor
    • I just said that I was not responding to you. So go back and play the victim somewhere else. It's too easy, you annoy everyone and then you play the victim.

Loading editor
    • Alelm, you are the one who doesn't understand how licenses work and are calling others disrespectul based on that misunderstanding. I'm trying to explain it to you. You agreed to the terms of use, this is how it works. If it was like you think it is, then you yourself could not edit your own wiki, because you wouldn't be allowed to edit any article that you did not create yourself. That defies the whole purpose of a wiki.

Another example, did you receive permission from NAMCO for extracting those multimedia files? I doubt it. So why that would be fine? Because that's fair use. That license allows it (probably, it's always a gray area). Wikis are under CC-BY-SA, that means content can be copied as long properly attributed. Translations are not even a copy, it's derivate work. And again, I don't understand why you would care about the quality of someone else's wiki.

Loading editor
    • You take me from high. I know how to read. I have the right to say that I do not agree with Clara's actions. It seems to me that it is just courtesy not to take over the work of others. Indeed, I find it shameful that she copies our work, copies it ridiculously via a translator and also tells others that it is her ideas and her work. But since you do not see any problem with this and take full part against us, I will therefore do the same, translate my wikia into Italian.

Plus, we use a banner for licenses. What Clara doesn't do, but you don't mind

Loading editor
    • I have the right to say that I do not agree with Clara's actions. It seems to me that it is just courtesy not to take over the work of others.

You are free to say that, of course.

But since you do not see any problem with this and take full part against us

Well it's not "me" specifically, it's not "my" opinion or decision, that's how it works.

I will therefore do the same, translate my wikia into Italian.

I'm not sure why do you think I would be against that. I would advise not to open another Tekken Wiki, if anything. Since you seem to getting along with Arbiteras, it would be great if you helped him on his wiki for example. However wouldn't a better example be that you would translate an Italian wiki into French? There is nothing wrong with that, obviously.

Plus, we use a banner for licenses. What Clara doesn't do, but you don't mind

Actually as I stated CC-BY-SA requires proper attribution. I must admit my ignorance here, I'm not sure if that applies to translations since it's a derivate work, but let's say it does.

@Clara0408: would you mind adding at least a note somewhere with the link to the original article if you are translating an article from the FR wiki? Also, I'm not sure why are you using the FR wiki to begin with, could you not use the EN wiki to avoid the issue entirely? That way no one should complain here.

Loading editor
    • So I'm a bit late to all this, but as a French Helper I'd like to clarify some stuff and to peace this situation out, as there is a French wiki involved.

First, I'd like to ask everyone to at least provide an English translation of all messages here; I can understand you want to speak Italian as it's your native language, but not everyone understands Italian, and Google Translate is not the thing to use in a middle of a licencing issue.

I understand you, Alelm, that you don't want to have your content "stolen" after hours of work; as admins, Helpers also spend a lot of time on their communities to create decent content, especially because we don't work with giant communities like EN wikis. But you cannot claim ownership of such content as Leviathan reminded. I'd also add asking all the time for permission is rather unrealistic for any wiki content that could be reused, and it's kind of why there's the CC BY-SA licence.

However, what you can do is to ask Clara0408 to put similar banners you use on the French wiki where you explicitly say where you took this content from. Because, according to the CC BY-SA 3.0 legal code, "adapt", which you are free to do under such licence, also applies for translations. They even take an example of what the notice could look like: For example, a translation could be marked "The original work was translated from English to Spanish".

Therefore, it seems you can ask for proper attribution in similar banners you currently use for the French wiki for translations, which would probably be a better option than taking content from the English wiki. So you can ask for credit and source, and if you notice Clara0408 has forgotten to put any required credits, you may ask to add these or, if she doesn't do it, you may ask for deletion.

I'm not sure if this is a good enough solution for all parties - let me know what you think of it.

Yada Emoticon_Picsou.gif Vanguard.png @fandom 19:24, March 11, 2020 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Sì, se Alelm vuole posso creare un Template o un'etichetta di licenza che avvisi che ho preso quel materiale da Tekkenpedia Fr. 

--

Ok, If Alelm wants I can create a Template or a license label that notifies that I have taken that material from Tekkenpedia Fr. 

Loading editor
    • I did not even answer that she begins to take our images ... Thank you for your help and your understanding Dark Yada. Let her add her banner if she wants, anyway she respects nothing. Concerning myself I have had enough of this story that has been going on for months, I think I will stop there with Wikia. Too much investment, time, for a person, without any shame, to come and take it all ... No respect for the work of others.

Loading editor
    • Thanks Dark Yada for having clarified the translation case! Alelm, I'm sorry to hear that, but let me state it one more time: this is not something pecular to Fandom, this how wiki works virtually on every wiki host out there simply because if they wouldn't use a free license for their content, then they wouldn't be open wikis and you wouldn't be able to join them (there are close wikis out there, but by definition you cannot join them normally, they are reserved for an internal staff group).

I'm trying to make you understand this because if you move out I wish for you not to waste again your efforts for nothing, anyone would be able to copy, again, the content on your new wiki as much as they can here. That's how it works. Finally in case you move your wiki on another platform, you are required to credit https://tekken.fandom.com/fr/ if you copy its content, even if you were the one who made it because nobody owns the content. If you do not do so, like with Clara0408, https://tekken.fandom.com/fr/ could demand that content to be taken down and you will have to comply.

Is this clear enough for you? Because it seems to me that you are making a decision out of resentment for this situation (I'm sorry for that, by the way) but you will just make other pointless efforts to be in the same exact situation. So wouldn't be a better solution for all of you to just ignore each others and keep focusing on your wikis instead? Hope this will helps.

Loading editor
    • Ciao a tutti,

ho creato un bollino che segnala che ho preso l'immagine da Tekkenpedia Fr:

Bollino screen

poi ho creato anche un Template che, quando dimentico di inserire il bollino oppure durante l'utilizzo di una galleria (dove non c'è modo di inserire la licenza), inserisco quello nell'info-immagine:

Screen image 2

Hello everyone,

I created a sticker that indicates that I took the image from Tekkenpedia Fr:

then I also created a Template that, when I forget to insert the sticker or while using a gallery (where there is no way to insert the license), I insert the one in the info-image:

Loading editor
    • Because you wouldn't be resentful if someone came to take a job that took you six years. You can say that it does not belong to us, it still remains time spent on this project. Our time. She's just copying everything right now, and we should find that normal. Clara is clearly the worst person I have ever met here.
      What shocks me is that you don't even condemn what she does. I understand the rule, but it is regrettable that there is not a minimum of expense in this kind of business. Someone who takes a few items from our poses no problem. It often happens, it's normal. But from there to copy everything is something else.
      I already had enough of this story with Clara, but your answers disgust me even more. There is no mutual aid, you just let a troll continue these actions.

Loading editor
    • @Alelm: Brutto egoista, ora ti metti a cancellare le immagini sul tuo sito in modo che io non le possa utilizzare? 

---

@Alelm: Ugly selfish, now you start deleting the images on your site so that I can't use them?

Loading editor
    • To show that you do not care about this discussion, you are currently continuing what I blame you. And the selfish is you, you respect nothing and no one.

Loading editor
    • Se la regola dice che posso farlo, posso farlo e basta, come tu puoi farlo. 

---

If the rule says I can do it, I can just do it, as you can do it.

Loading editor
    • Alelm, if you understand the rules then you are the unreasonable one, not to mention very disrespectful and arrogant. We are explaining rules that you did not understand, that makes your wiki possible to exist and you are trying to enforcing on other people imaginary rules you believe you are entitle to. You claim ownership of stuff that doesn't belong to you and that you took without consent of the publisher. All those files belong to the game publisher, not to you, not to the wiki. And this is true on EVERY website you will try to upload, keep that in mind. If you can upload them, then so other can use them. Every wiki on Fandom generally has a clear understanding of this and what do you think, that you are the only one that put work and efforts on your wiki? Everyone does the same. You keep accusing people of "stealing" but stealing implies losing something. Whatever people do on other wikis has no effect whatsoever on your wiki, we are talking about a wiki in another language. If anything, the other Italian Tekken wiki will have negative effect, because two wikis on the same topic will compete for the already small public.

Clara, actually the issue with the notice should be about the text you translate, not the images. The rights of the images belong to the game publisher, which I believe is NAMCO and you are using them under Fair User, NOT CC-BY-SA. You can say that they were first uploaded on the FR wiki but it's irrilevant for the license. And to be honest, why are you using the French wiki? Could you not use the English wiki and avoid this issue entirily?

Loading editor
    • Clara, do not provoke or you will be banned from the discussion, please. Don't add fuel to the fire. And seriously, just go to the English wiki or another one.

Loading editor
    • Ciao, ok, metto il bollino solo per i testi. Sto usando la wiki francese perché quella inglese non ha molte immagini, ne ha MOLTISSIME di meno. La francese è l'unica a possedere queste immagini. Per i testi ora prendo dall'inglese però.

---

Hi, ok, I only put the stamp for the texts. I am using the French wiki because the English one does not have many images, it has MANY less. The Frenchwoman is the only one to possess these images. For the texts I now take from English though.

Loading editor
    • Clara0408 wrote: Ciao, ok, metto il bollino solo per i testi. Sto usando la wiki francese perché quella inglese non ha molte immagini, ne ha MOLTISSIME di meno. La francese è l'unica a possedere queste immagini. Per i testi ora prendo dall'inglese però.

At this point also credit the FR wiki, please, but just as "uploaders". That's diffent from the license, which is fair use, see maybe how other gaming wikis do.

Loading editor
    • It exasperates me because it copies absolutely everything! It's just mind-boggling. And I find it crazy that you can't see. Suppose she uses a banner, will she put it everywhere? Because everything is absolutely copied. It makes absolutely no sense, you could encourage her to write his own content instead of constantly copying that of others.
      Again, I understood the rule, so please stop talking to me like an idiot, I regret that it is not limited (by that I mean it is reasonable, get inspired and copy n is not the same). Not to mention the rule, do you find this kind of behavior acceptable?

Loading editor
    • Quindi metto che l'immagine <<è stata caricata da Tekkenpedia Fr>> ?

Loading editor
    • Alelm, that's perfectly normal. Most wikis do that at some level or another. Half of the templates on Fandom were copied from wiki to wiki and then adapted. Images are copied between wikis or taken from other sites all the time. Those images yourself claim are being "stolen" (they are not, it's not like you lost them) were taken from the game, you didn't "draw" them. There is nothing wrong with that... what do you want to do? What is the problem here? What problem that would ever cause to your wiki? I'm surprised that you are not encouraging that, because you are helping a sister wiki grows.

Clara: If I were you I'd add a source section where you state which game/source the screenshot was taken from and there also add that was first uploaded on the FR wiki with a link to the file/wiki, maybe adding also the name of the user who did that. So something like this:

== Descrizione ==
      Descrizione opzionale

== Fonte ==
      * Immagine presa da NOME GIOCO. Caricata originariamente da UTENTE su LINK AL FILE.

== Licenza ==
      Template licenza fair use

CATEGORIE

Loading editor
    • Discussion is impossible with you, you are not impartial. Let Clara add the banner on all the pages of her site, as Dark Yada said. If not done, I would request deletion.

Loading editor
    • @Alelm: A tutte le immagini che avete caricato voi, vorrai dire.

@Leviathan: Il problema è che aggiungere questo codice in tutte le immagini caricate da loro ci vuole molto tempo. Io avevo messo così:

Screen 09
      Se no si potrebbe mettere anche un avviso nella pagina principale, o no?
        Loading editor
    • Dark Yada
      Dark Yada removed this reply because:
      offtopic
      22:48, March 14, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • @Alelm: impartial doesn't mean on your side. You keep telling you understand the rules but then demanding otherwise. As I said in my opening post, you are free to consult staff or whoever you want on the matter if you distrust what I'm saying. I opened this thread to clear the misunderstandings here.

@Clara: No, you have to add that to all images, you can take your time of course. You can simply copy and paste something like

== Fonte ==
      Immagine tratta da un videogioco del franchise di Tekken. Inizialmente caricata sulla [https://tekken.fandom.com/fr/ TekkenPedia (FR)].

== Licenza ==
      Template fair use

A banner on the main page is not enough and you have to add a link to the FR wiki, writing the name is too vague. You also need a template for the fair use, if you don't have any you can copy the one from the central wiki or some other wiki. You don't have to add the link to the specific file for the images you already have, if you want you can do that for future images.

Loading editor
    • Ok, grazie tante Leviathan. Ci vorrà però un po' di tempo, l'importante è che questo banner sia presente nell'info immagine.

Loading editor
    • I'm not sure what at this point you mean with "banner", you can also just write it as the example above (if we are talking about the images).

Loading editor
    • IT} Seriamente, non capisco quale sia il problema con la wiki francese: avete caricato immagini prese dai giochi e scritto testi sui giochi per condividerli con altri fan come voi; quindi non sono personalmente vostri ma avete scritto e preso immagini da materiale in cui qualcuno ha davvero investito vere risorse nel crearlo. Se altri usano lo stesso materiale tradotto in un'altra lingua, dovreste essere tutt'altro che arrabbiati perché il lavoro dietro il contenuto delle wiki si basa sulla condivisione affinché tutti possano goderne. Se non volete che qualcuno condivida ciò che voi stessi avete condiviso, fatelo voi stessi contribuendo alla wiki italiana in prima persona.

EN} Seriously, I don't understand what the problem is with the FR wiki: you have uploaded images taken from the games and written texts on the games to share them with other fellow fans; therefore they are not personally yours but you have written and taken images from material in which someone else has really invested real resources in creating it. If others use the same material translated into another language, you should be far from angry because the work behind the wiki content is based on sharing in order that everyone to enjoy. If you don't want someone to share what you have shared, do it yourself by contributing to the IT wiki firsthand.

Loading editor
    • @Leviathan: Sì, dico, per le immagini l'avviso che mi hai mandato. Quello va benissimo. Per i testi metto come ho sempre fatto (in caso debba proprio prenderli):

<small>Questo testo è stato parzialmente tradotto/tradotto da NOME DEL SITO FANDOM</small>

Loading editor
    • You need a link, preferably to the original page otherwise it means nothing.

Loading editor
    • The problem here is that Clara is not able to make her own ideas without copying/pasting via google translation. When Alelm or I propose a new idea, functionality, Clara immediately observes and picks the idea up without even adapting it.

I know that the images come from Bandai Namco Entertainment. The problem is not there. The problem is that we encourage a person to only copy content without bringing his own work and touch..

How do you except people to find motivation to work on a wikia when you know that someone is waiting for it to come to him..? It's just counterproductive.

Loading editor
    • Sorry for being away this morning and to have missed again a big part of the discussion - but I think it's good I clarify some points again.

Alelm, I understand your frustration again. I wouldn't want to lose FR Tekkenpedia as it's a big and strong French Wiki for the French community; I'm sure we can find another solution than moving to another wikifarm.

It's important that you understand that most wikifarms might be under the CC BY-SA licence, or a similar licence such as any CC licence or even some softer licences. Some exceptions I have found not under such licence usually don't tolerate to copy-paste CC BY-SA content, as they consider it as plagiarism, unless you have a source; so you would have to quote your own content. Though "own" is probably not appropriate: if we have created the content on our wikis, none of us own it.

However, if Clara0408 still doesn't use enough credits to give a proper attribution to the content you have created on FR Tekkenpedia, then I would say it falls under the Fandom Copyright policy which can lead to a deletion by Fandom Staff (or Helpers, we can also deal with this) or even a block if this happens too much.

If this Copyright policy was more done for Copyrights as stolen art, I don't see why it wouldn't apply for content under CC BY-SA when there is no proper attribution to your content. So if this happens again, Fandom Staff or Helpers could delete the content, and even block Clara0408 if this keeps happening.

Koji04, I also understand your point, but thing is it's too hard to avoid people taking your content on Fandom. You know, even some popular media can take a part of your content (this happened to me), and this is also kind of "frustrating" for me; but as long as they credit the site they've taken it from, there's no issue with the CC BY-SA licence. The main point here is that everyone follows this licence.

I think your banner is good Clara0408, but yes a link is really required. And if possible, a link to the page history, because otherwise there's no easy way to find who has written the content; a direct link to history gives an exhaustive list. If you need help to make that kind of template, we can provide that.

Yada Emoticon_Picsou.gif Vanguard.png @fandom 15:03, March 12, 2020 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • @Dark Yada: No, non c'è bisogno. Per i testi, posso aggiungere tranquillamente il link alla cronologia delle pagine. Ci riesco, non preoccupatevi.

---

@Dark Yada: No, there is no need. For the lyrics, I can safely add the link to the page history. I can, don’t worry.

Loading editor
    • @Koji04: Then tell me, what is your motivation exactly? Isn't to build an encyclopedia about something you like? How what clara or any other users do would even affect that? You are talking as if that invalidate your work. We are talking about a wiki in another language, it has literally zero impact on you, your wiki or your work. If anything, the only one who could complain here is the other IT wiki since they will compete for the same audience.

I guarantee you, that if you go on most other French or Italian or whatever wikis, most of them have quite a lot of content taken and/or translated from their English counterpart. That is fine, that is normal, everyone accepts that.

At this point I'm not sure anymore what you are asking or complaining about. It seems to me that you want Clara to stop taking your content. You said you understand the rules, she (like you or anyone else) can do that. So what are you asking? Or rather, what are you hoping to gain? Let's assume that Clara now will take her own screenshots and make her own articles. What will you accomplish? You will have slowed down the grow of a small wiki in another language to gain what exactly? That is what eludes me.

A reader that check any kind of wiki does not know or care less about who made what, so if you are talking about recognition, I doubt you will find any from them.

Loading editor
    • IT} Suggerisco di usare il formato <ref>tradotto da [link]</ref>.

EN} I suggest using <ref>translated from [link]</ref> format.

Loading editor
    • @Leviathan 89 : My motivation? Bring well-made and research content to the Tekken community. That's all.

" We are talking about a wiki in another language, it has literally zero impact on you, your wiki or your work."

Of course it has. It's hard work taken in a snap.

"I guarantee you, that if you go on most other French or Italian or whatever wikis, most of them have quite a lot of content taken and/or translated from their English counterpart. That is fine, that is normal, everyone accepts that."

What?? No that is not normal at all. In any case, I have never been educated like that personally.

Anyway, reading the discussion makes me feel like we are the wrong people. I find that totally shocking.

@Dark Yada : It's interesting what you say about Clara and the Fandom Copyright policy. I'll look how it works. Thank you. :)

Loading editor
    • Koji, this is not hard work taken in a snap; on the contrary, it benefits readers from another language from the same work. And as long the source is given, it allows Italian users to understand something they wouldn't have understood in French. Have you never found having all wikis in English is rather annoying for us?

And I must say, from my entire experience of Fandom French wikis, that most FR wikis are translated from EN ones. Just check the FR Star Wars Wiki and compare it to Wookieepedia: pages are very similar. And I don't say that against them: it's positive for French readers, that can read decent content in French instead of English.

My content on Picsou Wiki might also be taken very easily on any other site, but as long as they quote where they took it from, I find it fine. And there too, it's hours of work to make a decent summary, find interesting background and information over different sources.

However, you're not the wrong people: you're probably what should people be doing. But there's always a gap between what's the best and what is in reality, I guess... I understand you want your work not taken, but it's restricted by CC BY-SA and also rather uncommon on most wikis.

Yada Emoticon_Picsou.gif Vanguard.png @fandom 16:10, March 12, 2020 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • For someone to actually stole your content, they would have to remove the content from your wiki and then move it somewhere else. That's what stolen means. That would be wrong. But your content was not taken away. It's on your wiki where every French fan can enjoy it.

To be honest, I'm surprised that you take all of this in the wrong way. The fact that someone wants to copy you it's a testament of quality work. Many of the stuff (like templates, codes, etc) that we did on my wiki was copied on many other wiki because our wiki was very popular. That's make me happy because it's a recognition of a good work that people want to emulate. If you write a book and someone offers to translate it in another language, would you respond with "how dare you!" or "Yes, please"?

And again, I want to stress that we are talking about a wiki in a different language. If someone copied your content and opened a French wiki, THAN I would understand and agree with you. While still technically allowed, that would be just counterproductive for both wikis and that's the reason why Fandom tries to avoid these situation (which sadly happens, like for example with the Italian Tekken wikis). But this is a completely different case.

Loading editor
    • Il mio intento principale di lavoro su Fandom è diffondere la conoscenza di qualcosa e condividere le cose che mi piacciono con altre persone (che dopotutto, non è l'intento di una Wiki?). Io credo che la cosa più importante sia che tutti abbino la stessa conoscenza, in questo caso, su Tekken. E' come quando condivido un libro con qualcuno.

Io ho letto il nome della rosa: se l'avete letto, sapete bene cosa sto dicendo. Vi sembrava giusto (SPOILER)  nascondere i libri e tenersi la conoscenza solo per sé, non facendoli leggere agli altri? Bene, questo è il punto.

Io questo lavoro lo sto facendo per tutt ii fan italiani di Tekken.

@KuroUrufo: A pensarci bene, infatti, per i testi, forse è meglio i riferimenti.

---

My main intent of working on fandom is to spread the knowledge of something and share the things I like with other people (which after all, isn’t the intent of a Wiki?). I think the most important thing is that everyone has the same knowledge, in this case, about Tekken. It’s like when I share a book with someone.

I read the name of the rose: if you have read it, you know what I am saying. Did it seem fair to you (SPOILER) to hide the books and keep the knowledge to yourself, not to let others read it? Well, that’s the point.

I’m doing this for all the Italian Tekken fans.

@KuroUrufo: When you think about it, in fact, for the texts, maybe the references are better.

Loading editor
    • At this stage I do not even see the point of speaking with you, all your messages are in favor of Clara who appropriates the work of others and annoys other users. If a solution has to be found it will not be with you, we will discuss with Dark Yada.

Koji and I propose some measures in order to arrive at a compromise, even if it is not of gaiety of heart so much we find the behavior of Clara absolutely shameful.

- We would like a banner stating that this is an unauthorized translation made by Google Translate, as well as a link to our site, to be present on all pages. At the moment we notice that there is no link to our site.

- We also want a banner to accompany images that have been modified by one of us. Again, we want a link to appear.

- We wish to impose a deadline for the deposit of these banners so that Clara actually does it instead of continuing, as she is doing right now, to plunder our site. So we give him 15 days.

- We wish to be able to warn if Clara continues to appropriate our work without placing a banner. Therefore, it seems fair to us that a limited number of warnings exist in order to avoid any abuse on its part. We believe that three warnings are sufficient.

Furthermore, we note, despite your unwavering support for Clara's actions, that:

- Clara clearly appropriates our work in this conversation, justifying our anger: https://tekken.fandom.com/it/wiki/Conversazione:756#2

- We notice that there are images on Clara's site that we created and which have no link with Tekken: we wonder about a possible theft. This is what happens when you copy everything without thinking.

- Similarly, all the Fan Art used by Clara do not mention the authors, showing Clara's little respect for the work of others.

- We notice that Clara, in her own rules, insists on affixing a license on these images but does not do it herself: https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/Licenze_delle_immagini

- We note that Clara, in her own rules, insists on mentioning the author of the copied texts: https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/Regolamento She doesn't.

- We draw your attention to the fact that a translation must be offered to the author and not subject to it. Here, we didn't ask Clara for anything, especially a translation made by Google Translate. From our point of view, the Italian public playing Tekken deserves better.

Some steps to show our opposition to Clara:

- We want to get closer to the Arbiteras wikia, which the links under the articles link to his.

- We are going to create a banner with all the wikias on tekken, excluding Clara's site. We will tell our Italian friends about Tekken about this one.

- We will advertise the Arbiteras wiki via all social networks.

- We will help Arbiteras if they wish, so that users of Italian wikia have the right to quality content as it has already started to do.

- Since Clara also uses our many youtube videos, we reserve the right to delete them.

- We reserve the right to create a third Italian wikia to do better and with our materials.

Of course we will not do all this if Clara decides to be reasonable.

Loading editor
    • @Alelm: Le regole dicono che POSSO usare le vostre immagini. Sto cercando di mettere l'avviso nella pagina di ogni immagine da sola. Con i fanart 

https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/Unknown/GalleriaFanart

https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/Alisa_Bosconovitch/GalleriaFanart

ci sto lavorando ora, e sto cercando di mettere il nome di tutti, ma ci sono autori anonimi e questa non è colpa mia,  oltre che, i fanart ti riguardano?

Io controllo gli errori di ortografia prima di caricare un testo dove non ho fatto copia incolla, ma ho tradotto a mano mia. E poi li ho messi gli avvisi sotto i testi e le immagini

https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/Tekken_2:_Kazuya%27s_Revenge

https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/Scenario_Campaign

https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/Alisa_Bosconovitch/ScenarioCampaign

In che senso vuoi che metta il banner in tutti gli articoli? Dici come se avessi preso TUTTO. Poi, guarda le pagine degli outfits: hanno il banner. Non ho otto braccia e 4 computer per fare tutto d'una volta!

Loading editor
    • IT}

• Le fanart non sono l'ideale nelle wiki ma, se ci sono, è giusto menzionare l'autore e la fonte e ovviamente chiederne il permesso.
      • I "collegamenti sotto la pagina" sono link interlingua e devi richiederli nella Community se li desideri.
      • Sei libero di pubblicizzare ciò che vuoi, ovviamente solo nei posti giusti.
      • I video di Youtube sono pubblici e Fandom collega direttamente la fonte.
      • Puoi creare tutte le wiki che vuoi creare, ma avrebbe più senso collaborare con Arbiteras nella wiki di cui è già amministratore. Questo sarebbe davvero apprezzato, espandendo una wiki esistente.

EN}

• Fanart are not ideal in wikis but, if they are there, it is fair mentioning the author and source and obviously ask for permission to them.
      • The "links under the page" are interlanguage links and you have to request them in the Community if you want them.
      • You are free to advertise what you want to, obviously only in the right places.
      • Youtube videos are public and Fandom directly link the source.
      • You can create all the wikis you want to create, but it would make more sense cooperating with Arbiteras in the wiki he is already admin. This would be indeed appreciated, expanding an existing wiki.
        Loading editor
    • Per i fanart, ho creato delle pagine apposta, che sono una raccolta di tutti i fanart del personaggio, dove sto avendo la massima attenzione per menzionare l'autore.

Loading editor
    • You can discuss this with whoever you'd like, but do not hope that you can keep asking to discuss with someone else with the hope of finding "someone impartial that sides with you". Since I'm happy to see that everything we said just went through one ear and out the other, I'll just try to leave the rest to Dark Yada or staff. I hope you won't complain what they will told you, at least.

Loading editor
    • Ho pensato una cosa: per le immagini di Tekkenpedia FR, posso sbloccare Alelm e lui potrebbe anche dare una mano alla sua stessa wiki aiutandomi ad aggiungere:

== Fonte ==
      Immagine tratta da un videogioco del franchise di Tekken. Inizialmente caricata sulla [https://tekken.fandom.com/fr/ TekkenPedia (FR)].

== Licenza ==
      [[Template:Fair Use]]

Dopotutto sarebbe meglio per lui stesso, il processo sarebbe velocizzato. Sempre se lui vuole.

Loading editor
    • I'm not sure that you two can work together.

Loading editor
    • Non lo so. Non vedo molte possibilità (perché da parte mia, io sto solo rispettando le regole), ma la cosa forse era meglio per lui stesso. Se poi dice di no fa niente.

Loading editor
    • IT} Dovresti mettere {{Fair Use}} perché [[Template:Fair Use]] è solo il link al template.

Già vi stiamo dicendo di collaborare, ma dovreste entrambi dimostrare la giusta maturità per farlo.

EN} You should put {{Fair Use}} because [[Template:Fair Use]] is just the link to the template.

We are already telling you to collaborate, but you both should show the right maturity to do so.

Loading editor
    • @KuroUrufo: Ah, va bene. 

Loading editor
    • We could work together if you agreed not to copy everything. Until then it worked pretty well and we helped you when you needed it. You decided to continue copying and ignore our requests, this was the trigger.
      As for the banner, it's no. The time you will take to do it, it is not even half the time that we put to work our pages (pages which are not copied from another site). See, it's not very pleasant.

Don't think we are happy to get there. We would really have liked to participate in the construction of a new Italian wikia, just because our love for this game is real.

Loading editor
    • @Alelm: Quindi il banner sarebbe, più o meno, il prezzo per le immagini? Ok, d'accordo. Prendo le cose perché sto rispettando le regole, ma non prenderò tutto il sito, su questo puoi stare tranquillo. Non ho intenzioni di copiarlo per intero. 

Loading editor
    • Can you speak English ? Thank you.

Right now, you are doing it and taking credit for it. This is why we prefer to help your competitor. The banner is not the price for images, it is something that highlights our work, our investment. It is a concept that seems to elude you and the sad people who have come to your aid here.

Again, as I have told you many times before, and without meanness, you will find much more pleasure and satisfaction in doing your own work.

Loading editor
    • Non sto prendendo il merito nel vostro lavoro, anzi, vi ammiro molto.

---

I am not taking credit for your work, on the contrary, I admire you very much.

Loading editor
    • In this case, stop bothering us and copying all of our work. We have no reason to be against you, we could even help you, while remaining reasonable. It would be more pleasant for everyone.

Loading editor
    • Questo lo so, anche io lo vorrei, ma NON ho intenzione di copiare TUTTO il vostro lavoro. Siccome sto rispettando le leggi CC-BY-SA, non ho infranto nessuna regola, quindi, posso farlo, ma non ho intenzione di prendere tutto. Solo ciò che è necessario.

---

I know this, I would like it too, but I am NOT going to copy ALL your work. Since I am complying with CC-BY-SA laws, I have not broken any rules, therefore, I can do it, but I am not going to take everything. Only what is needed.

Loading editor
    • Okay so I'll try to answer all your requests Alelm, and also what has been discussed after that. This thread is very active, hard to keep up with everything! But I'm happy there is a will to find a compromise on this tricky situation.

Alelm wrote: - We would like a banner stating that this is an unauthorized translation made by Google Translate, as well as a link to our site, to be present on all pages. At the moment we notice that there is no link to our site.

I don't see the harm in the idea, though it would be surely wrong to credit specifically Google Translate - it's the common translator we use, but after all Clara can use any other online translator, or even a French/Italian dictionnary. I think the best is to say that "This text has been translated, possibly using an online translator" which would sound accurate, and keep the general idea.

- We also want a banner to accompany images that have been modified by one of us. Again, we want a link to appear.

Would specifying the file's history be enough for you? To me it's hard to precisely say "one editor has made this" in an easy way in wikitext, but the file history indirectly credits you. Unless there is a wikitext way I haven't thought about.

- We wish to impose a deadline for the deposit of these banners so that Clara actually does it instead of continuing, as she is doing right now, to plunder our site. So we give him 15 days.

A deadline sounds fair enough because Clara has to edit 2600 images and 371 pages here; 15 days might be short, but we can provide a bot if necessary. But anyway if there is any technical issue, it would be easy to identify and to make a longer delay based on this. The idea of deadlines might be too complicated. However, when we can make sure everything has been done on all existing files and pages, and after that you still see there are copyright issues, then I'd say any complaints are legitimate; and if required I or Levi can make sure no copyright infringment should be remaining, so you know when the "flexible deadline" is over.

- We wish to be able to warn if Clara continues to appropriate our work without placing a banner. Therefore, it seems fair to us that a limited number of warnings exist in order to avoid any abuse on its part. We believe that three warnings are sufficient.

Well, it would be better if you report any issue in the future concerning your content not having a proper attribution to one either French or Italians Helpers anywhere in our Message Walls (I would prefer the French Community Central). I wouldn't mind mind to put some warnings and delete the unfairly taken content when required, but I don't think it would be efficient if you do it yourself as you don't have admin rights on Tekkenpedia-ita, while we have Helper Rights on the entire Fandom platform. It's easier for us to give warnings.

- Clara clearly appropriates our work in this conversation, justifying our anger: https://tekken.fandom.com/it/wiki/Conversazione:756#2
      - We notice that there are images on Clara's site that we created and which have no link with Tekken: we wonder about a possible theft. This is what happens when you copy everything without thinking.
      - Similarly, all the Fan Art used by Clara do not mention the authors, showing Clara's little respect for the work of others.
      - We notice that Clara, in her own rules, insists on affixing a license on these images but does not do it herself: https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/Licenze_delle_immagini
      - We note that Clara, in her own rules, insists on mentioning the author of the copied texts: https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/Regolamento She doesn't.

Answering all this together: Clara0408, you should apply to yourself your own rules, and of course the Terms of Use and Fandom's licence. If Fan Art or Off Topic pictures have been taken, well I don't see the point of these being in there? All we can require for is to give proper credit, but... it's probably easier to delete them here, I don't see what purpose they could have honestly. So I'd ask Clara0408 to delete these images if they are really some of them, especially if these are never used in any content page. But of course, this takes time to refer any image not respecting the CC BY-SA terms; and we wouldn't be against a list of these images, so it's easier to delete these.

- We draw your attention to the fact that a translation must be offered to the author and not subject to it. Here, we didn't ask Clara for anything, especially a translation made by Google Translate. From our point of view, the Italian public playing Tekken deserves better.

I get the idea and would agree in a perfect world, but in practice, any wiki in other languages can be created at any time and start translating content if they follow the licence policy of Fandom. It's true that you didn't ask Clara; but also, I think you should try to collaborate on the longer run, even if you disagree so much, as it would be ideal to find a way to merge all Italian wikis about Tekken. But this is not the question and we're far from it, it's just a broader perspective.

Some steps to show our opposition to Clara:
      - We want to get closer to the Arbiteras wikia, which the links under the articles link to his.
      - We are going to create a banner with all the wikias on tekken, excluding Clara's site. We will tell our Italian friends about Tekken about this one.
      - We will advertise the Arbiteras wiki via all social networks.
      - We will help Arbiteras if they wish, so that users of Italian wikia have the right to quality content as it has already started to do. - We reserve the right to create a third Italian wikia to do better and with our materials.

You are absolutely free to do any of this, but I'd never encourage to have three wikis in the same language on the same topic. As long as there are two of them, you can choose which one you want to work with.

- Since Clara also uses our many youtube videos, we reserve the right to delete them.

This one is a bit tricky; why does this matter really? A YouTube File on Fandom is basically a link, so it provides a proper attribution in itself. It also brings you views and promotes your wiki or your work, at least indirectly. I'm not sure what the issue is, but here you cannot delete them by yourself as you're not admin of Tekkenpedia-ita and it would surely be considered by Clara as Vandalism; so you can't "reserve that right". Is there anything specific you would want on videos to have better credits?

For other things, it seems there is something you can agree on: you all want to build the best Italian wiki for Tekken. For now, the situation is that you have two different wikis, which is not ideal. For sure, the Italian wiki should be able to use French content that can be translated in a good way, and that follows Fandom's Term of Use. So I'd say it's mostly up to Clara now: the wiki should always give proper credit to any French content translated or reused. If you need our help for this, because you may be unfamiliar with bots, Helpers are here. My will is to make sure the French and Italian Tekken Wikis can a peaceful relationships on Fandom; and I hope this message will be able to resolve most of the conflict.

Yada Emoticon_Picsou.gif Vanguard.png @fandom 23:16, March 12, 2020 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Thank you Dark Yada for considering our requests!

Dark Yada a écrit:
      I don't see the harm in the idea, though it would be surely wrong to credit specifically Google Translate - it's the common translator we use, but after all Clara can use any other online translator, or even a French/Italian dictionnary. I think the best is to say that "This text has been translated, possibly using an online translator" which would sound accurate, and keep the general idea.

No problem on that, as long as the words "translated by an automatic translator" are present. It's good for us.

Dark Yada a écrit:
      Would specifying the file's history be enough for you? To me it's hard to precisely say "one editor has made this" in an easy way in wikitext, but the file history indirectly credits you. Unless there is a wikitext way I haven't thought about.

Quite simply, Clara can see if the file was imported by Koji or by myself. It is always the creator of the file who adds the file to the site. We would like it to do this for character outfits, sounds, cutscenes and combat footage. Simply because taking these images took us time and we invested in our own material. She can also, if she prefers, add the mention: Made by Koji and / or Alelm from Tekkenpedia FR.

Dark Yada a écrit:
      A deadline sounds fair enough because Clara has to edit 2600 images and 371 pages here; 15 days might be short, but we can provide a bot if necessary. But anyway if there is any technical issue, it would be easy to identify and to make a longer delay based on this. The idea of deadlines might be too complicated. However, when we can make sure everything has been done on all existing files and pages, and after that you still see there are copyright issues, then I'd say any complaints are legitimate; and if required I or Levi can make sure no copyright infringment should be remaining, so you know when the "flexible deadline" is over.

We insist on the deadline. In the past, Clara has already promised to do things she never did. This was also the case with Arbiteras. Also, we want to end this story as soon as possible.
      We offer a 15 days, today included. Of course if we see after this time that Clara has really done her best but has not finished, we will be understanding. Otherwise, and this is likely to happen, we will request the immediate deletion of the content and the blocking of Clara.
      For example, yesterday, instead of looking for a solution to the problem, Clara spent her time taking pictures on the site, we would have preferred her to be involved in solving this problem. Furthermore, by doing this, we would like her to be aware of the work that we have done over six years to add all our images (Extract the image, rename it, download it, place it on the site, add the license) . So, we will not help Clara to do this. If necessary, we accept to create the banner.

Dark Yada a écrit:
      Well, it would be better if you report any issue in the future concerning your content not having a proper attribution to one either French or Italians Helpers anywhere in our Message Walls (I would prefer the French Community Central). I wouldn't mind mind to put some warnings and delete the unfairly taken content when required, but I don't think it would be efficient if you do it yourself as you don't have admin rights on Tekkenpedia-ita, while we have Helper Rights on the entire Fandom platform. It's easier for us to give warnings.

No problem, we will respect this rule. To tell the truth, we were not sure how to act with Clara. At first we really helped him, so we thought we could find a peaceful solution to this problem. We did not manage to do it, thank you for playing the mediators. Hoping that this whole story will end as soon as possible.

Dark Yada a écrit:
      Answering all this together: Clara0408, you should apply to yourself your own rules, and of course the Terms of Use and Fandom's licence. If Fan Art or Off Topic pictures have been taken, well I don't see the point of these being in there? All we can require for is to give proper credit, but... it's probably easier to delete them here, I don't see what purpose they could have honestly. So I'd ask Clara0408 to delete these images if they are really some of them, especially if these are never used in any content page. But of course, this takes time to refer any image not respecting the CC BY-SA terms; and we wouldn't be against a list of these images, so it's easier to delete these.

On this point, we will see if Clara is ready to cooperate. List the images would be long and we think it is up to Clara to do so, in fact, copying images without thinking is not the solution. We invite her to sort her images and come to us if she does not know who is the author. This is particularly the case for Twitter images or different logos.

Dark Yada a écrit:
      I get the idea and would agree in a perfect world, but in practice, any wiki in other languages can be created at any time and start translating content if they follow the licence policy of Fandom. It's true that you didn't ask Clara; but also, I think you should try to collaborate on the longer run, even if you disagree so much, as it would be ideal to find a way to merge all Italian wikis about Tekken. But this is not the question and we're far from it, it's just a broader perspective.

Other sites on Tekken sometimes asked us to take texts, we always accepted with pleasure. Out of respect for our work, they quoted us. Taking everything is very rude. It is important to respect the work of others. You have a colossal wikia, you know we put our hearts into it. In addition, it is out of the question for us to rework with Clara, she has gone far too far. However, it would be nice if a decision was made for a possible merger of the two Italian wikia so that we could position ourselves. As with the problem with us, Clara pretends to ignore the remarks on this.

Dark Yada a écrit:
      You are absolutely free to do any of this, but I'd never encourage to have three wikis in the same language on the same topic. As long as there are two of them, you can choose which one you want to work with.

Is it possible, on our own French wikia, to offer alternative pages in other languages?

Dark Yada a écrit:
      This one is a bit tricky; why does this matter really? A YouTube File on Fandom is basically a link, so it provides a proper attribution in itself. It also brings you views and promotes your wiki or your work, at least indirectly. I'm not sure what the issue is, but here you cannot delete them by yourself as you're not admin of Tekkenpedia-ita and it would surely be considered by Clara as Vandalism; so you can't "reserve that right". Is there anything specific you would want on videos to have better credits?

In fact we have our own Youtube channel with a lot of videos. Clara uses them on her site. To show our opposition, we could decide to delete / replace them which would leave on its site videos that do not work. All this shows that we too can harm it. But knowing its great attachment to the rules that govern Wikia I am convinced that she will cooperate now and we will not have to get there.

Dark Yada a écrit:
      For other things, it seems there is something you can agree on: you all want to build the best Italian wiki for Tekken.

Again, it would be interesting if a decision was made regarding the two Italian wikia.

Anyway, thanks Dark Yada again for your help. We are also waiting to read Clara about our requests.

Loading editor
    • Buongiorno a tutti. Non capisco il motivo di mettere banner in tutte le pagine. Il fatto che io prenda qualche testo o qualche immagine, non significhi che abbia preso l'intero sito. Ci sono pagine che loro nemmeno hanno. Tra queste 2600 immagini, le immagini modificate da loro sono circa 40 o una cosa del genere, cui credo di aver fatto già meta. Però ogni volta che carico un'immagine loro, metto subito la licenza.

Good morning to all. I don’t understand the reason to put banners on all pages. The fact that I take some text or some image, doesn’t mean I took the whole site. There are pages that they don’t even have. Among these 2600 images, the images modified by them are about 40 or something like that, which I think I’ve already done. But every time I upload an image of them, I put in my license right away.

Loading editor
    • IT} Siete abbastanza liberi di fare come volete sulla wiki che amministrate ma, come già detto, non ha molto senso avere delle pagine in italiano su una wiki francese: sarebbe preferibile se voi contribuiste direttamente alla wiki italiana.

Il fatto che l'altra wiki abbia i vostri video in realtà dovrebbe solo darvi più visualizzazioni, dato che essi sono semplicemente linkati e non caricati sulla wiki. Ma i video, per quanto pubblici, appartengono all'autore che li ha caricati originariamente sul proprio canale, quindi siete liberi di modificarli, cancellarli o privatizzarli quanto volete (ma solo sul canale YouTube, non su una wiki che non amministrate).

EN} You are quite free to do as you like on the wiki you are admin of but, as already mentioned, it does not make much sense to have IT pages on a FR wiki: it would be preferable if you contributed directly to the IT wiki.

The fact that the other wiki has your videos actually should only give you more views, since they are simply linked and not uploaded in the wiki. But the videos, even if public, belong to the author who originally uploaded them to their channel, so you are free to edit, delete or privatize them as much as you want (but only on the YouTube channel, not on a wiki where you are not admin).

Loading editor
    • Nota: Basta con questa cosa del traduttore automatico. Lo capisco abbastanza bene il francese!

@Alelm: Per le immagini di Twitter, certo che metto il banner, ma i loghi sono di Namco, non vostri. Per le immagini degli outfits ho già fatto. Devo solo terminare di aggiungerlo ai suoni. Le screen dei filmati e le immagini di combattimento, sono di Namco, non sono state modificate da voi. 

Poi non sto ignorando il fatto della fusione delle Wiki italiane. 

Note: Enough with this machine translation thing. I understand French quite well!

@Alelm: For Twitter images, of course I put the banner, but the logos are namco, not yours. For outfits images I already did. I just have to finish adding it to the sounds. The screen footage and the fighting images, they’re from namco, they haven’t been modified by you. 

Then I’m not ignoring the fact of merging Italian Wikis.

Loading editor
    • It would be nice to show you a little more cooperative. We have made requests. You could answer it. Your banner is not enough, we wrote it above.
      The images, there are more than 40. The images of the fights have been worked on, we are adding effects. The same goes for the cutouts and the sounds. Out of respect for our investment, please do as stated above.

Loading editor
    • @Alelm: Sì, ma le scene di combattimento come questa:

https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/File:Tekken_7_nina.jpg

no, appartengono a Namco.

Poi, per i testi, vedi se così va bene:

@Alelm: Yes, but for the fight scenes like this:

https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/File:Tekken_7_nina.jpg

no, they belong to Namco.

For the lyrics see if so good

Loading editor
    • No, it is obviously not good. You do not seem to have read the messages above.
      Instead of adding things over and over from our wikia like a vulture again and again, you'd better help solve the problems.
      The image of Nina you know very well that no, I will not respond to these unnecessary details anymore. You have all the material in the previous messages to solve the problems.

Loading editor
    • Secondo le regole e secondo quanto spiegato dai helper, le regole non dicono che sono OBBLIGATA a mettere tutto quello che vuoi tu. Questo lo sto facendo per voi, per accreditare il vostro sito. Ci metto più tempo a mettere i banner che a scrivere una pagina intera completa di immagini e testo! Sto cercando di riappacificarmi con voi ma tu non aiuti!

According to the rules and as explained by the helpers, the rules do not say that I am obligated to put whatever you want. I’m doing this for you. I spend more time putting up banners than writing a full page full of pictures and text! I’m trying to make peace with you, but you’re not helping!

Loading editor
    • You haven't read. Failure to do these things may result in us requesting the deletion of the content and even your blocking. And yes it is work. Creating a Wikia is not just copying, putting in a translator, and pasting on its site or helping others. I add that you do not respond to Dark Yada, you just ignore.
      Good luck.

Loading editor
    • Clara, we haven't defined all the details yet, however it seems we already agreed that's it's best for you to credit the FR wiki if you indeed take content from there. The image you linked has no description whatsover. I saw you added those for other images, do that. Maybe there is a misunderstanding here: crediting the FR wiki is something different than the license. You are not credit them as owners of the images, you are credit them as uploaders.

Loading editor
    • @Leviathan: L'immagine https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/File:Tekken_7_nina.jpg è di Namco, anche Alelm lo ha detto. Io ci tengo ad accreditare il loro lavoro, ma se lui viene e mi fa rifare le cose 20 volte anche quando mi sono sforzata di fare qualcosa per loro.

@Alelm: Ho letto benissimo. Perchè vuoi che io aggiunga: "tradotta dal traduttore automatico" quando non è vero?

@Leviathan: The image https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/File:Tekken_7_nina.jpg is from Namco, even Alelm said so. I want to credit their work, but if he comes and makes me redo things 20 times even when I have made an effort to do something for them.

@Alelm: I read very well. Why do you want me to add "translated by automatic translator" when it's not true?

Loading editor
    • I don't think we are understanding each other: did you took this image from the FR wiki? If so, we agreed that you have to credit them like you did on the other images you edited. Crediting the FR wiki is a separate thing from the license. The whole point of it is to basically say "This is a copyright image owned by NAMCO which was first uploaded on the FR wiki" (don't write that, I'm just explaining what it means).

If you did not take the image from the FR wiki, then you still have to add the license anyway.

Loading editor
    • No, non l'ho presa da FR wiki. Io non sto capendo Alelm: come fa a chiedere di aggiungere il banner anche nelle scene di lotta? (per esempio questa appunto: https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/File:Tekken_7_nina.jpg) Comunque ok, aggiungo la licenza.

---

No, I didn't. I'm not understanding Alelm: how does he ask to add the banner in the fight scenes too? (for example this note:https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/File:Tekken_7_nina.jpg ) Anyway ok, I add the license.

Loading editor
    • IT} Le immagini dovrebbero comunque avere {{Fairuse}} nella descrizione per indicare la licenza.

EN} Images should however have {{Fairuse}} in the description to indicate the license.

Loading editor
    • Sì, Leviathan ha già aggiustato.

Loading editor
    • This is busy times for me due to the coronavirus, so sorry again for missing parts of the debate; I should be able to answer quicker in the next few days and to sort this out. Generally, I see that there is a way we find a compromise even if you still disagree on some points; but eventually time will fix these disagreements, I believe. It's a long message, but please read it, all of you, I think we're not far from fixing all issues.

Dark Yada a écrit:

Quite simply, Clara can see if the file was imported by Koji or by myself. It is always the creator of the file who adds the file to the site. We would like it to do this for character outfits, sounds, cutscenes and combat footage. Simply because taking these images took us time and we invested in our own material. She can also, if she prefers, add the mention: Made by Koji and / or Alelm from Tekkenpedia FR.

I think this is not adequate to mention your names like that, because you might gain editors in the future for the French wiki (and I hope you will!) and that editor could also start to create its own pictures. So it would only work on the short run; and that's why a link to the history, or even better, to ?action=credits of the file, with text like "A list of authors can be found here" works better. Is that enough credit, or you really want your name to be quoted directly on the template? I'm not sure if you can display the ?action=credits information easily.

Dark Yada a écrit:

We insist on the deadline. In the past, Clara has already promised to do things she never did. This was also the case with Arbiteras. Also, we want to end this story as soon as possible. We offer a 15 days, today included. Of course if we see after this time that Clara has really done her best but has not finished, we will be understanding. Otherwise, and this is likely to happen, we will request the immediate deletion of the content and the blocking of Clara. For example, yesterday, instead of looking for a solution to the problem, Clara spent her time taking pictures on the site, we would have preferred her to be involved in solving this problem. Furthermore, by doing this, we would like her to be aware of the work that we have done over six years to add all our images (Extract the image, rename it, download it, place it on the site, add the license) . So, we will not help Clara to do this. If necessary, we accept to create the banner.

Well the "flexible deadline" can have a basis of 15 days, but can be extended if this is technically required. Does that sound fair enough? The banner exists already, but it needs to be improved with links. I ask you to add these links Clara as soon as possible, and if you're not sure how to do that, we're here for technical help.

Dark Yada a écrit:

On this point, we will see if Clara is ready to cooperate. List the images would be long and we think it is up to Clara to do so, in fact, copying images without thinking is not the solution. We invite her to sort her images and come to us if she does not know who is the author. This is particularly the case for Twitter images or different logos.

These pictures are in no categories and cannot be recognized by someone else than a fan; it sounds, to me, very hard to do that without a list of fanarts that have no encyclopedic value, because they are mixed in the middle of 26000 images. Unless there's a way to recognize them?

Dark Yada a écrit:

Is it possible, on our own French wikia, to offer alternative pages in other languages?

Yes - this dead wiki used to do so, but I must say it wasn't done in the best ways. But you're free to add content in whatever language you want on your wiki, even it, at first sight, it would be only in French. I cannot recommend it though, as it makes little sense, as KuroUrufu said.

Dark Yada a écrit:

In fact we have our own Youtube channel with a lot of videos. Clara uses them on her site. To show our opposition, we could decide to delete / replace them which would leave on its site videos that do not work. All this shows that we too can harm it. But knowing its great attachment to the rules that govern Wikia I am convinced that she will cooperate now and we will not have to get there.

Just no - what you are asking for is to be free to make Vandalism with any videos Clara can use from your channel, and I would block you for that. There is no reason your public YouTube videos cannot be used as any other videos. Rules are the same for everyone, and I don't see why you would need to show you can harm Clara. I will quote (in French, because for some reason I can't find them in English, there seems to be a default language here) YouTube's Terms of Use:

Vous conservez tous les droits de propriété sur votre Contenu. Ce qui est à vous reste à vous. Cependant, nous requérons de vous que vous concédiez certains droits à YouTube et aux autres utilisateurs du Service, comme décrit ci-dessous.
      (...)
      Vous concédez également à chaque utilisateur du Service une licence pour le monde entier, non exclusive et libre de droits permettant d'accéder à votre Contenu par le biais du Service, et d'utiliser ce Contenu (y compris le droit de le reproduire, le diffuser, le modifier, l'afficher ou l'exécuter) tel qu’autorisé par les fonctionnalités du Service.

So you cannot do it yourself again. I'm hoping Clara collaborates here, and I ask you directly so: would you, Clara, want to remove these videos taken from the TekkenPedia FR YouTube channel? This is probably better for everyone because this a tricky detail. It seems there are a lot of these.

Now to the rest of the discussion:

Clara0408 a écrit:
      Good morning to all. I don’t understand the reason to put banners on all pages. The fact that I take some text or some image, doesn’t mean I took the whole site. There are pages that they don’t even have. Among these 2600 images, the images modified by them are about 40 or something like that, which I think I’ve already done. But every time I upload an image of them, I put in my license right away.

We ask you to put them on every page where you have taken or translated information from the French wiki. Otherwise, we would delete the page if the banner is not here. This is just following the CC BY-SA licence.

The same applies to the pictures. So if it belongs to Namco, Fair Use is indeed enough; if it's been uploaded by an user on Fandom, then you need to use your banner. There are 26 000 images to review, so I guess this is going to be difficult to put it everywhere. But there's no other way we can have an agreement.

Maybe there are still some points to fix, but the discussion seems to be going the right way. And I think most is up to you again, Clara.

Yada Emoticon_Picsou.gif Vanguard.png @fandom 21:56, March 13, 2020 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Dark Yada wrote:
      I think this is not adequate to mention your names like that, because you might gain editors in the future for the French wiki (and I hope you will!) and that editor could also start to create its own pictures. So it would only work on the short run; and that's why a link to the history, or even better, to ?action=credits of the file, with text like "A list of authors can be found here" works better. Is that enough credit, or you really want your name to be quoted directly on the template? I'm not sure if you can display the ?action=credits information easily.

Perfect for us.

Dark Yada wrote:
      Well the "flexible deadline" can have a basis of 15 days, but can be extended if this is technically required. Does that sound fair enough? The banner exists already, but it needs to be improved with links. I ask you to add these links Clara as soon as possible, and if you're not sure how to do that, we're here for technical help.

It's good for us.

Dark Yada wrote:
      These pictures are in no categories and cannot be recognized by someone else than a fan; it sounds, to me, very hard to do that without a list of fanarts that have no encyclopedic value, because they are mixed in the middle of 26000 images. Unless there's a way to recognize them?

It's pretty easy to find, I think. For example, we made images on which we found Tweet from the game developer. Clara took some. She will recognize them because it is written in French. For small logos, there are not many, I think it will make a difference. If necessary, we will notify him of the remaining ones.

Dark Yada wrote:
      Yes - this dead wiki used to do so, but I must say it wasn't done in the best ways. But you're free to add content in whatever language you want on your wiki, even it, at first sight, it would be only in French. I cannot recommend it though, as it makes little sense, as KuroUrufu said.

I created a little overview of what I was thinking about. The goal is not really to compete with others, rather to make our work available to foreign users. It can be a fun adventure : https://tekken.fandom.com/fr/wiki/Mod%C3%A8le:Leroy_Multilangues#FR

Dark Yada wrote:
      Just no - what you are asking for is to be free to make Vandalism with any videos Clara can use from your channel, and I would block you for that. There is no reason your public YouTube videos cannot be used as any other videos. Rules are the same for everyone, and I don't see why you would need to show you can harm Clara. I will quote (in French, because for some reason I can't find them in English, there seems to be a default language here) YouTube's Terms of Use:

To delete the videos, we don't need to do anything on Clara's site. Just delete our video directly on Youtube. This chain is becoming more and more important, but we are not looking to develop it. The fact remains that Clara is free to use the videos, we have no special requests on this subject. It's just to show her that we can also get painful.

Thank you again for your help ! And watch out for yourself with the virus, here too, it turns everything upside down.

Loading editor
    • It's pretty easy to find, I think. For example, we made images on which we found Tweet from the game developer. Clara took some. She will recognize them because it is written in French. For small logos, there are not many, I think it will make a difference. If necessary, we will notify him of the remaining ones.

Makes sense for Clara, so I hope she agrees on that. On that I don't think Helpers can provide bots or anything - but it doesn't seem necessary.

I created a little overview of what I was thinking about. The goal is not really to compete with others, rather to make our work available to foreign users. It can be a fun adventure : https://tekken.fandom.com/fr/wiki/Mod%C3%A8le:Leroy_Multilangues#FR

Feel free to, it just looks weird on mobile (Tabbers always look weird). And would probably make more sense to use one of the IT wikis, I guess, but you're free here.

To delete the videos, we don't need to do anything on Clara's site. Just delete our video directly on Youtube. This chain is becoming more and more important, but we are not looking to develop it. The fact remains that Clara is free to use the videos, we have no special requests on this subject. It's just to show her that we can also get painful.

Oh, I thought it was the other way around. Well on that you do whatever you want, we're not YouTube. It just sounds surprising because you would lose views, but why not. You decide what's on your channel I guess.

I'm doing my best on this case! And with no University, I'm home now with no virus, so I should stay safe. I hope you`re safe too!

Yada Emoticon_Picsou.gif Vanguard.png @fandom 23:05, March 13, 2020 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Buona giornata a tutti.

Quel tabber https://tekken.fandom.com/fr/wiki/Mod%C3%A8le:Leroy_Multilangues è molto interessante. Vedrò di farlo in portoghese. 

@Dark Yada: Ciao, i video di Yout Tube li sostituisco appena trovo un'altro video. Comunque, potresti vedere in questa pagina: https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/Scenario_Campaign se va bene la nota che dice da dove ho preso il testo? Grazie.

Good day to you all.

That tab https://tekken.fandom.com/fr/wiki/Mod%C3%A8le:Leroy_Multilangues is very interesting. I’ll do it in Portuguese. 

@Dark yada: Hi, the videos of You Tube replace them as soon as I find another video. However, could you see on this page: https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/Scenario_Campaign if you like the note that says where I got the text from? Thanks.

Loading editor
    • Ho messo il collegamento con la wiki francese in fondo a questa pagina:https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/Scenario_Campaign come esempio.

I put the link to the French wiki at the bottom of this page:https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/Scenario_Campaign as an example.

Loading editor
    • Clara0408 wrote: Ho messo il collegamento con la wiki francese in fondo a questa pagina:https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/Scenario_Campaign come esempio.

I put the link to the French wiki at the bottom of this page:https://tekkenpedia-ita.fandom.com/it/wiki/Scenario_Campaign as an example.

Is it the entire page that was translated, or only the section where you put the reference?

And I'm glad to hear you are on the videos issue. We get closer and closer to the best solution for everyone!

Yada Emoticon_Picsou.gif Vanguard.png @fandom 20:40, March 14, 2020 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Non l'intera pagina, ma buona parte. 

Not the whole page, but a good part.

Loading editor
    • Just to understand, for example, the part on objects, it was you who wrote it? As you do not indicate any translation.

Loading editor
    • No, non ho mai detto che era mia. Però ho inserito il collegamento alla pagina francese, appunto. 

No, I never said it was mine. But I inserted the link to the French page, in fact.

Loading editor
    • You insert several of them, so we can believe that parts are from you when this is not the case. Furthermore, the section on objects is not partially translated. You will not find this information anywhere else. Plus, on this page,  it's hard to see what is not coming from our site.

Loading editor
    • Ok, metto il riferimento adesso.

Ok, I put the reference now

Loading editor
    • Will I have to check every time or will you really cooperate?

Loading editor
    • No, non ti preoccupare.

No, don't worry.

Loading editor
    • The part on the partner is not partially translated either. In reality the whole page is translated.

Loading editor
    • Honestly, a reference like that isn't the best. Why not a banner like on pictures, if the page comes for the biggest part from FR Tekken? This would be more accurate.

And it would also be easier to insert - you would just have to put a template (let's call it FRTekken) like this {{FRTekken|Insert FR Tekken Page Name}} on these pages.

Yada Emoticon_Picsou.gif Vanguard.png @fandom 21:44, March 14, 2020 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Ok, però non credo di riuscire a crearlo, tu ce la fai?

---

ok, I don't think I can create it, can you?

Loading editor
    • Does this look good?

Yada Emoticon_Picsou.gif Vanguard.png @fandom 23:04, March 14, 2020 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Sì, grazie!

Yes, thank you!

Loading editor
    • Alright, now you have to put this everywhere there is at least a part of the content that is coming from the French wiki. If you require more technical help, please ask.

Alelm, if you notice on the 15 days some pages don't have the proper attribution that is required, you can leave me a message on my Wall in French Community Central, unless you want to contact IT Helpers for that.

If this isn't possible within 15 days, please let us know, Clara.

Yada Emoticon_Picsou.gif Vanguard.png @fandom 19:29, March 15, 2020 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Ok, grazie, vedo ora.

Ok, thanks, I start do it now.

Loading editor
    • Clara0408
      Clara0408 removed this reply because:
      Errore
      19:45, March 15, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • Noted. I have just one last question, is it possible to add a link to our site on the banner?

Loading editor
    • Sì, infatti c'è.

Yes, in fact, there is.

Loading editor
    • I add, Clara, that the link added on the film page does not link to our page on the film as did Dark Yada for the page on Scenario Campaign which is linked to ours.

Loading editor
    • Aspetta, provo ora.

Wait, I’ll try now.

Loading editor
    • Ora dovrebbe andare.

Should now go.

Loading editor
    • @Dark Yada: Buongiorno, due domande:

anche se c'è un solo rigo di testo preso da loro, bisogna inserire il template FRTekken?

Poi, la scritta "contenuto preso da Tekkenpedia Fr", sembra però che io abbia preso l'intera pagina. Non sarebbe meglio "parte di questo contenuto è stato preso da Tekkenpedia Fr" ?

Screenshot 40
      ----

@Dark Yada: Goodmorning, two questions:

anche se c'è un solo rigo di testo preso da loro, bisogna inserire il template FRTekken?

Then, the words "content taken from Tekkenpedia Fr", but it seems that I took the whole page. Wouldn’t it be better to "take part of this content from Tekkenpedia Fr"?

Loading editor
    • Personally I see much more than a single line that you copied from our page on Yoshimitsu.

Yoshimitsu (吉光) est un personnage de la série Tekken.

Il apparaît pour la première fois dans le tout premier Tekken.

Il reviendra ensuite dans tous les opus principaux.

Yoshimitsu est un personnage populaire dû au fait qu'il change d'apparence à chaque jeu, à ses coups loufoques et au fait qu'il manie l'épée en combat.

Ending : Assis sur son cheval, Yoshimitsu et les autres membres du clan Manji traversent le quartier pauvre où vivent Marshall Law et sa femme. Ils ouvrent des mallettes qui contiennent des billets, ce qui a pour effet de les faire voler, réjouissant les habitants du quartier qui les récupèrent, heureux.

Yoshimitsu (吉 光) è un personaggio della Serie Tekken apparso in tutti i capitoli del gioco.

Yoshimitsu è famoso per le sue modifiche di aspetto in ogni gioco, cioè, cambia totalmente in ognuno di essi.

Finale: In sella a dei cavalli, i membri del Clan Manji attraversano il quartiere dove abita Marshall Law con sua moglie. Aprono allora delle valigette contenenti denaro e lanciano per aria le banconote, mentre gli abitanti del quartiere, gioiosi, le raccolgono.

And I haven't quoted everything. Again, will we have to check everything?

Loading editor
    • Tu lo sai benissimo che l'introduzione dei personaggi la faccio sempre così:

- NOME DEL PERSONAGGIO (nome del personaggio in giapponese) è un personaggio della serie Tekken.

- In quali giochi è apparso

- Cosa fa nella vita.

Immagina che in quella pagina devo ancora modificare tutto!

Loading editor
    • Your introductions are the same as ours, we must be credited.
      And for the work you have to do, think of the time that it took us to create all these pages without copying the others.

Loading editor
    • Le introduzioni, seppur lo schema sia uguale, non vuol dire che siano le vostre.

The introductions, even if the pattern is the same, it doesn’t mean it’s yours.

Loading editor
    • It's exactly the same information in the same order. Since you are copying the rest of the page, it seems obvious that you are also copying this. A translation is not necessarily word for word, here we can see that it is the same sentences.
      Besides, as always, you forget to answer for the descitpions of the ending as mentioned above. There, you are not going to make me believe that it is your text. However, we are not credited.
      Anyway I will not argue with you, if you do not, in 14 days we will act on it. 

Loading editor
    • Ti ho detto che devo modificare ancora tutto. L'introduzione sai da quanto tempo è lì? Una cosa è schema, un'altra cosa è testo. 

Loading editor
    • I remind you that it was you who came to this conversation thread to say that your content was partially taken from ours. Now you're telling us no, because I checked ... It's not serious.

Loading editor
    • Io ho chiesto per quella riga, nella sezione delle curiosità. 

I asked for that line in the curiosity section.

Loading editor
    • Don't forget to translate everything Clara because I have absolutely no understanding of Italian. And Google Translate is still... confusing.

If the intro is taken from the FR wiki, it must be given proper attribution. But for the template itself, you could say it's "partially or totally taken from FR Tekkenpedia" to make sure the attribution is relevant and to use one single template.

Yada Emoticon_Picsou.gif Vanguard.png @fandom 12:52, March 16, 2020 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Ah, sì, scusa per la traduzione italiano-inglese.

Ok, per il template vedo ora.

Ah, yes, sorry for the translation italian-english.

Ok, for the template do now.

Loading editor
    • @Alelm: posso usare solo i video dei trailer di Tekken 7 che ho già caricato sulla wiki? Gli altri li sto eliminando ora.

@Alelm: can I only use videos from Tekken 7 trailers that I have already uploaded to the wiki? I'm eliminating the others now.

Loading editor
    • No.

Loading editor
    • Ok

Loading editor
    • ^You can always use the videos from official channels (they should exist, if not of the franchise itself, at least of the consoles, NAMCO, etc) where they took them from.

Loading editor
    • Okay, thanks, I didn’t think about it ...

Loading editor
    • @Alelm: If you have to falsely accuse someone for your own convenience, at least do it here!

Loading editor
    • @Fandyllic : please don't answer on this thread - this is a tricky issue, I'd like to not have more trouble than there already is, with more users involved! This issue is being dealt with on French Community Central currently. I also ask Clara and Alelm to keep this on FR Central as it stands.

Yada Emoticon_Picsou.gif Vanguard.png @fandom 20:00, March 29, 2020 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • If FANDOM staff was monitoring this thread, then why don't they put a note that the "issue is being dealt with on French Community Central currently" and lock this thread?

I'm not psychic.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.