FANDOM

• hello there i came today to get some help with a wiki issue I have had 

this is not the first time a user has accused me of power abuse when I didn't power abuse the first time and the 2nd time I had no choice but to block her off the wiki and demote her because she was trying to unfairly demote me for  a misunderstanding of power abuse when I really didn't power abuse all I did was pull up the block screen and screenshotted it and so then she kept accusing me and wouldn't leave me alone things got all crazy so then we kept going on and on and i told her to leave me alone and she didnt

so then she said i had to remove bcrate and admin and keep lower ranks and give her bcrate but i promoted my alt to bcrate and me to a moderator and i promoted my alt so that way I didn't lose my bcrate as felling it would be unfair and she has not even1,000 edits and she said i have to choose someone but its not her decision and she kept bickering with me saying ill do a demotion thread if you don't do something and so i deleted the 2 threads she made because i felt the demotion would be unfair for something i didnt do wrong and she reported me to fandom and now i don't know what to do please someone give me advice or help fandom staff told me to come to discuss it here and not to mention nothing occured on the wiki but she blocked me on cpf wiki and i didnt use any alts on that wiki so its power abuse   idk what to do please help and she wouldn't leave me alone and this isn't the 1st time something like this occurred...

and also on a thread a user said something rude  and hurtful and its not nice to judge someone for who they are 

Frost
      Loading editor
    • Please someone give me some advice?

Loading editor
    • Why would you need an alt?

Whether it's an abuse of power is really hard to argue. For one, there's no clear definition other than "using it for something the accuser didn't like"; but also because this stream of words is just one side of a story.

Loading editor
    • because i used the alt to buy me more time  but can ya give advice what i should do ?

Loading editor
    • At the moment, Fandom has a rather non-intervention program (or limited intervention) regarding complaints from users. If you did not break the Terms of Use, it's likely no action will be taken.

But it's best to move on, and try to put this behind you. That involves, for both parties, a deep and honest look into your own actions, to analyze what you might've done differently.

Loading editor
    • What’s the non intervention program ?.

Loading editor
    • There is no such program... Tupka217 just meant they will likely not intervene.

Loading editor
    • Yeh bc fandom staff don’t really care as much as they use to

Loading editor
    • Actually, the "non-interference" policy is supposed to readjusted in the future. What it will be has not yet been hammered out.

Here is the thing:

1. once a bureaucrat, they can only be removed by staff or by demoting themselves
      2. it is useless to "block" an Admin/Bureaucrat because they can simply unblock themselves
        1. an admin can only be demoted as long as they are not alos a 'crat, cause if they are they can just re-promote themselves
      3. Yes, removing threads (or polls, but polls are not advised anyway) seeking demote an Admin or a 'crat, especially when it is you, IS and abuse of power. it is one of the things when reported to Staff WILL cause them to intervene. Same for messing (blocking) with users participating is such threads.

MY advice? Step back and let any demotion threads proceed without you touching them (with apologies for previous actions) other than *maybe* casting your own vote, or bothering (blocking) those who participate. There should be a clearly stated deadline for when the voting ends. If you lose, meaning the community "has spoken", *then* I'd demote myself.

• One caveat: if the demotion discussion is started by another Admin/Bureaucrat, I *might* ask the entire thread be made a discussion if THEY should be demoted in addition to or instead of you

Staying as part of the community is your personal decision.

Loading editor
    • Hi, robin, sorry to interrupt this.

But I’ve personally dealt with Cocopuff myself and have seen his behavior and it is very true that he hasn’t exactly been the best user, he has tried to clear his mistakes. But yet, yesterday, he successfully removed some of my rights on Film Wiki, without contacting me first with approval for removing them, which I find to be rather intrusive and unintentional, he created an account named MessengerPenguin to get me and another user (User:CriticizerHere, to be exact) demoted from that wiki. I don’t trust this user (Cocopuff) and I’m currently trying to wait for further action from the Zendesk. Any recommendations, Robin?

Loading editor
    • CBS I’ll repromote you when I fill the time comes wich will be probably shortly anyways cbs message me if you want them back meaning leave me a message on my wall.

Loading editor
    • From both working with Cocopuff and being a mediator with other situations on other wikis regarding the user I have been told the user has created sockpuppets and promoted said sockpuppetts, which of itself is a ToU violation, correct? The evidence presented to me indicates that those statemeants are very much true.

I can also confirm he removed a demotion thread (both a discussion post and blog). He then proceeded to harass and swear at users off-site (and some users also say on-site with the use of sockpuppets).

The creator of the thread contacted staff, and I think they are sending are Movies/TV team member?

Cocopuff, perhaps it's worth commemting on the thread and explaining your actions to the community. Perhaps it will help your case.

Loading editor
    • Let me stop you there straight up bull talk off site topic do not count in this matter and B may I ask why your on this thread ? AndC I used the alt to buy me more time but I didn’t use any so called sockpuppet it’s called alt. Clearly

Explaining dude no one will listen to what I have to say not even you because none of you listen

Loading editor
    • Help me to explane no one listens and harrassed don’t act like she is all innocent because she is not she blocked me on CPI wiki because of this issue And it didn’t occurr on cod power abuse Gosh I can block for whatever reason I wish and she kept attempting to rush me into making a decision so I used an alt to buy me more time so she would leave me alone about Tun and give it a rest. I didn’t use any sockpuppets

Loading editor
    • Like critiEr why I insulted me before she blocked me so I can’t make a thread and she blocked me and said to keep the wiki safe by blocking me but you can’t block unless I do something wich I didnt

Loading editor
    • FOR THE cpf wiki My Blockshouldbe the investigated without any proof to ky block CriticizerHere shall be demoted she’s is bringing drama to her own wiki.

https://creepypastafiles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Cocopuff2018

Loading editor
    • Cocopuff, I'm not taking sides here, nor am I  against you, else wise you'd be blocked and I woudn't be responding now. I issued you the demotion due to my evaluation of your behavior, and thats also the reasoning behind the users on Film Wiki, and the others. We just want you to learn from your mistakes, as we all have to at some point or another. I had to learn through blocks, rejections, and other hard ways. It's not that were out to get you, its that we want you to realize how you need to change. Remember, Demotions arn't always permanent.

In responce to your message on my wall I didn't mean my wiki, I meant Film Wiki where the demotion threads are.

Loading editor
    • Love Robin wrote: Actually, the "non-interference" policy is supposed to readjusted in the future. What it will be has not yet been hammered out.

Hence my "At the moment".

Loading editor
    • [climbs up out of the "check user" rabbithole]

Wow.

Just having alternate accounts is not in and of itself a violation of ToU. It is how they are used. I don't have tools to see global actions or all the wikis involved, but I'll say this. Just from what I *could* see, some on this thread should be *very* glad I'm not Staff. Wow. Y'all don't want *my* advise here… not more than what I posted above.

Y'all know how many online screennames I've *ever* had? 3 or 4. Mostly I use "Love Robin" with the only variants being with/without the space, and how individual sites allow capitalization. The other 2 or 3 usernames are sites I consider important enough to gen an account for but "loverobin" is not available.

I've had my Main Username since late 80s when I first logged onto what would become AOL. Still got that one too. I was also AOL's NetGirl for a while, but that was an AOL "house account" and not mine. I have active accounts on something like 20some sites, not including the various wikias I admin for (oh yeah, add a BOT account I can't remember the last time I used it…).

So I feel comfortable with the statement I have had less Usernames *ever* than I have fingers on one hand. EVER. I've established a singular online presence, even locking down/out my name on several platforms enough, that if you come across "loverobin" chances are it's me.

I cannot *fathom* a reason to have anywhere near the number of alternate accounts I just perused. NOT without having ulterior mischief and misuse in mind. Mind you, I'm me. I don't have neither time nor energy to devote to 1/4 of what I've just seen, much less to complain about perceived slights.

Y'all should contemplate all this.

Loading editor
    • Wait a minute. I heard all of this story. This place is for people to be kind to each other, not to be at each other's throats. You may have removed rights, but it might have been for a reason, not for plain ignorance. Do not demote anyone, and Coco, repromote the people you demoted. It may fix all of this.

PEACE OUT!

Loading editor
    • shes making this harder than it is.

Loading editor
    • she wants me to remove the bcrate from me and give it to her but she has not earned bcrate nor has anyonr else on the wiki bcrate is a high level item.

Loading editor
    • idk what to do with her she Like the living h*ll she said i have to demote and give her bcrate or another person bcrate wich i will not do because no one meets the requierents for it. next  not sure to what do

Loading editor
    • not to mention i cannot go to any wikis without her getting in my way or without her bossing me around acting like she runs the place  but  ya know what she doesnt  and she is  treating me like a 2 year old like i need to be watched but she is not my mom  and she bosses me around.

Loading editor
    • Personally, if left up to me, I'd remove all the rights from everyone except for RRabbit42, and make him a 'crat.

Loading editor
    • Robin, I wasn’t exactly involved with this, so maybe me as well?

Loading editor
    • Clearly RRabbit42 i dont know i mean he does have alot of wikia and looks pretty trustworthy from what i see but upncbs is just begging me and wants it just because i dont trust upncbs after how rude and diresepctful he was to me on discord got any other ideas robin what i could do  ? and plus rrabbit42 doesnt meet the requierments nor  does upn crat is about lets say 1,000-2,000 edits but its not gaurenteed ..

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.