FANDOM

• Taylorswift.c keeps making edits like: https://the-incredibles.fandom.com/wiki/Helen_Parr?diff=prev&oldid=7563

He was blocked on the Disney Wiki, Taylor Swift Wiki, and Pixar Wiki. Since this Wiki is mostly abandoned and never really grew anyway, perhaps it could be redirected to the Pixar Wiki which already covers all the information in far greater detail.

Also isn't there a bot that tells you guys when someone has been blocked from multiple wikis so you can then go and see if you need to ban them across all of wikia/fandom?

Loading editor
    • Contact VSTF.

Loading editor
    • As Tupka mentioned, contact VSTF, and mark that there is a cross-wiki vandalism.

Cheers,
      Executive (message contr 📝) • 20:34, February 14, 2020 UTC

Loading editor
    • As the VSTF had said, it might be best to adopt instead. Check if you meet the requirements, and try adopting the wiki.

Executive (message contr 📝) • 16:51, February 15, 2020 UTC

Loading editor
    • I'm not adopting yet another wiki especially one I don't care about, just to stop one person who would just move to another wiki to vandalize instead. They should be able to see every wiki this person has ever edited, instead of just the four listed in their profile which only shows that one and three they were blocked at already.

Loading editor
    • As the reply also said, they do now view those contributions as "clear-cut vandalism". It isn't just a matter of knowing which wikis a user has contributed to. It is also a matter of knowing what constitutes vandalism on the wiki in question.

Loading editor
    • As the one who looked into your report: I can and did look at all the wikis they edited on, which also told me when they last edited on a certain wiki. Some local blocks were added, yes, but on the most recently edited wikis, their edits were not outright vandalism, some were good, some were a matter of preference. Those are not cases the VSTF will intervene in. The mere fact that someone was blocked before doesn't mean they ought to be blocked immediately again on every other wiki by the vstf.

Loading editor
    • I linked to one of their edits which was what I thought clear vandalism: she Is One Of Marlie's Favorite Superhero's She Like's Her Because The Super suit is Red And Black

Not sure how adding random nonsense like that in various places isn't considered outright vandalism. But whatever. They also changed quotes which others changed back so not sure if those were real quotes they added, or if their changes to the transcript was legitimate or not, hard to tell with some edits. I would think since their edits elsewhere were proven vandalism, and they made some clear vandalism on this place, that'd be enough, but don't really care enough to bother with this anymore.

Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • Clear-cut vandalism would be where they change the quotes to something from another movie. Adding nonsense like what you mentioned could be perceived as unnecessary, which is something local administrators can block for, but that's not necessarily vandalism. Same with changing a quote. As long as it's a quote said by the character, it's a matter of preference, which is best gauged by the community itself, not something the VSTF will take a stance on. Additionally, their most recent edits also date back to three weeks ago at the latest, most even date back to before that, which is an additional reason for the VSTF not to get involved.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.