FANDOM

• sorry for all these questions!! how do I add a page to my watchlist? 

I have been editing wikipedia for over ten years. sorry to sound like such a noob. however, i went to the page for user blogs, and didn't see a link to watch the page. how do I do so? thanks!! 

Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • Hi @APPLEMASTEREXPERT!! thanks so much for your help. I have just two more questions: 

1) ok, so there is no link on any INDIVIDUAL page,  to add that page to my watchlist?

2) also, is there any way to "ping" someone here? In other words, to tag them so they will get a notification that i replied to them on a thread such as this one? thanks!!

Loading editor
    • 2) If someone is following a thread, they get a notification for every reply (except anon replies, that's a known bug).

Loading editor
    • hm, okay Tupka217. okay, so then let's say I start a new question on the talk page for an article here, and i want to ping an individual user? is there any way to do so here? thanks! 

Loading editor
      1. Yes, there is. At the toolbar below when you at any article pages (view this help page if you are not familiar with toolbar), you'll see the option to follow. Once you click that, then it will be added to your watchlist. My reply above is the best if you wanted to mass follow pages (or unfollow pages). Do the same thing if you wanted to un-follow. Any pages you edited or any threads you replied will be automatically added to your watchlist. Special:Following also displays any pages/threads that you followed, and you're allowed to remove the ones that you feel like doesn't belong in your watchlist over there.
      2. In addition to this reply, pinging is possible in discussions, instead. That person who has been pinged will be notified, even if they don't edit at the wiki AT ALL. It's strongly advised to mention someone if you wanted that person to see your reply, or if you are replying to them. A misuse of ping can be easily interpreted as harassment.
        Loading editor
    • Sm8900#5
      then let's say I start a new question on the talk page for an article here, and i want to ping an individual user?

Unfortunately, not possible. 
        Loading editor
    • ok. thanks, @Applemasterexpert. this is truly helpful. thanks for all this info!!! I'm gonna check out that toolbar now. thanks!!! 

Loading editor
    • hm, now why isn't a tag coming up for you here? sorry, could you please explain? thanks!! 

Loading editor
    • No need to apologize, it's absolutely fine to ask questions! :)

At the moment, you're in forum, not in the newer feature Discussions which isn't available here on Community Central yet due to certain reasons. Forum doesn't have a ping feature so you can't do it here. Discussions, as Applemasterexpert said, on the other hand does have it.

Loading editor
    • ok, that is really good to know. thanks!! 

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.