FANDOM

• Hi, I noticed you can add/name the mod ranks on wikis, I would like to do that, how do you do that?

Loading editor
    • Annoying Villagers Wiki

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: You need to change the corresponding system messages. Most system messages cannot be edited. However, those on the whitelist may be edited by local admins. The system messages relevant to the user groups are the ones that start with "User-identity-box-group-" (see list). I am not sure if you will actually get in trouble, but I would suggest not changing the names for global user groups.

Loading editor
    • Wait.. So what happens if I "get in trouble" ? What will happen to me? What will happen to my wiki?

Loading editor
      1. Like I said, I don't know whether or not you would get in trouble for it.
      2. If you would, it would just be for the ones associated with the global user groups.
      3. If you would, the penalty would be at the discretion of the staff member handling the case. There is no public if-a-then-b type of list for penalties. Even if there is a private list, past incidents suggest that this hypothetical list would contain a range of options. As long as you have not previously gotten into any trouble with staff, I am guessing they would just revert the changes and possible leave you a message asking you not to do it again. But that is just a guess, not a guarantee.
        Loading editor
    • I am still confused... Should I give you screenshots of what I mean?

Loading editor
    • What part(s) are you confused about? Screenshots might help, so sure, go ahead and give a few.

Loading editor
    • Screenshot 20200214-163606 kindlephoto-934035046
        Loading editor
    • Okay, I think I am starting to understand what you meant. However, just to be sure, could you post a screenshot from a wiki that already has what you are trying to do?

Loading editor
    • That is from a wiki that already has if. I want the bolded Colored text for me on my wiki

Loading editor
    • Oh okay. I got confused because you said "add/name" which lead me to believe you were asking about something else that is also commonly requested here.

You can style the names of bureaucrats, admins, mods, etc. via site CSS. If you aren't familiar with what that is, it goes on the page "MediaWiki:Wikia.css" on your wiki. An example of what to put there is this:

a[href$=":DaRealWaluigi"], a[href$="/DaRealWaluigi"] {
          color: orange;
          font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, sarif;
          font-weight: bold;
      }

This would make links to "your" pages (ex. "Special:Contributions/DaRealWaluigi", "User:DaRealWaluigi", "Special:Editcount/DaRealWaluigi") bold, orange, and in the Times New Roman font.

If you are unfamiliar with CSS, I can help you determine what to place on the page. However, you are going to have to tell me which users you want to do this for and how you want to change the font.

Loading editor
    • I am quite unfamiliar with CSS

Loading editor
    • In that case, it would probably be quickest if you just told me what changes you want to make and I can give you the CSS needed. A few questions:

1. Do you want styling to vary between user groups (ex. admins v bureaucrats) or do you want each user to have their own style?
      2. For each different style, what do you want changed (ex. size, weight (ex. bold, bolder), type (ex. Times New Roman, Arial), color, shadowing)?
        Loading editor
    • Any people with moderator bureaucrat admin ect.

Loading editor
    • So the same regardless of their group? Okay, but you still need to tell my the usernames and how you want the text styled.

Loading editor
    • I want the text purple and bold,

The usernames:DaRealWaluigi TheBotMedic Villager Knight

Loading editor
    • I assume that is 3 users, correct?

1. DaRealWaluigi
      2. TheBotMedic
      3. Villager Knight
      a[href$=":DaRealWaluigi"], a[href$="/DaRealWaluigi"],
      a[href$=":The_Bot_Medic"], a[href$="/The_Bot_Medic"],
      a[href$=":Villager_Knight"], a[href$="/Villager_Knight"] {
          color: purple;
      }

Copy-and-paste the above CSS onto "MediaWiki:Wikia.css" on your wiki. By the way, I couldn't find a user by the name "TheBotMedic". Are you sure that name is correct?

Loading editor
    • Oof sorry it is The Bot Medic

Loading editor
    • Okay. I updated the CSS in my previous post to use the corrected username.

Loading editor
    • I can't seem to get it to work...

Loading editor
    • Which wiki is this for?

Loading editor
    • Annoying Villagers Wiki

Loading editor
    • Try this version:

#WikiaRail a[href$=":DaRealWaluigi"], #WikiaRail a[href$="/DaRealWaluigi"], #mw-content-text a[href$=":DaRealWaluigi"], #mw-content-text a[href$="/DaRealWaluigi"],
      #WikiaRail a[href$=":The_Bot_Medic"], #WikiaRail a[href$="/The_Bot_Medic"], #mw-content-text a[href$=":The_Bot_Medic"], #mw-content-text a[href$="/The_Bot_Medic"],
      #WikiaRail a[href$=":Villager_Knight"], #WikiaRail a[href$="/Villager_Knight"], #mw-content-text a[href$=":Villager_Knight"], #mw-content-text a[href$="/Villager_Knight"] {
          color: purple;
      }
        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.