FANDOM


  • Sannse
    Sannse closed this thread because:
    Moving on
    17:13, February 11, 2020

    Hello.

    The Arthur Wiki adminsitrator TheAtomicLight unfairly blocked me on Arthur Wiki for making 'homophobic comments'. These comments were made on the comment section of a fictional cartoon character named Mr. Ratburn. You may have heard of this character before. My comments were not homophobic. I was merely expressing my dismay over inappropriate content being exposed to young and impressional children, and exercising my right to free speech, religion and political views. Administrators should not block users based on their political and religious views. TheAtomicLight abused his administrative powers by handing me a permanent block, that also prevented me from editing talk pages. I messaged him and requested that the block be lifted.

    It is also worth pointing out that I was allowed to adopt the Rocky Wiki, and granted administrative and bureaucratic rights, which I have since been allowed to retain by for years. I have taken very good care of Rocky Wiki and British Conservative Wiki (the other wiki that I own). I am also a reliable contributor to many other wikis like the Simpsons Wiki, and even on Arthur Wiki, the very wiki I was unjustly banned from. I have made many helpful contributions on there, and even created a few pages. So do not take me for a vandal. I even attempted to prevent a mass vandalism attempt on Liberapedia by Conservative Wiki users.

    Despite this, TheAtomicLight called me a troll, and refused to lift my block. He also closed the thread in an attempt to prevent any further discussion. I think that TheAtomicLight is not worthy of the administrative rights he was granted. He should not have permanently blocked somebody over disagreeing religious and political views.

    In short, I am requesting that my Arthur Wiki block be liften, or at least the severity of my block be reduced. I am also requesting that TheAtomicLight be stripped of his administrative rights due to overwhelming evidence of blatant disregard for the fandom rules that administrators must follow. Unlike him, I follow these rules, and have done for years.

    Thank you,

    Toby The Pug

      Loading editor
    • Administrators can block for any reason, including no reason. 

      Unless this admin broke the ToU, it does not matter whether his reasons were "right" or not, or whether your comments count as homophobia or not, as he is well within his rights to block you. 

      It also does not matter about your reputation on other wikis, as that does not make any difference as to the alleged behaviour on that wiki, which is the behaviour in question. A user can have perfect behaviour on one wiki, but still potentially be a problematic user on another wiki, and it would be somewhat naive of local admins - or global staff - to let problems slip just because someone is a good user elsewhere

      Unless he broke ToU, only local admins can remove the block. 

      No one here can intervene for you. 

        Loading editor
    • You weren't a reliable editor on Arthur Wiki, you vandalised several dozen pages.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:
      You weren't a reliable editor on Arthur Wiki, you vandalised several dozen pages.

      You're not exactly what I would call 'reliable', either. You abused your administrative rights and permanantly blocked me over differing religious and political views. So I will address my case to an Arthur Wiki bureaucrat, and try my best to get your administrative status removed before you cause any more damage to innocent users.

        Loading editor
    • just forget wiki & move on

        Loading editor
    • Toby The Pug wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:
      You weren't a reliable editor on Arthur Wiki, you vandalised several dozen pages.

      You're not exactly what I would call 'reliable', either. You abused your administrative rights and permanantly blocked me over differing religious and political views. So I will address my case to an Arthur Wiki bureaucrat, and try my best to get your administrative status removed before you cause any more damage to innocent users.

      They won't accept you back on account of your homophobia. Because you think you did nothing wrong. That you should be allowed to say that having gay people in a kid's cartoon is "disgusting", and because this is your opinion, you therefore have a valid stance on the matter.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:

      Toby The Pug wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:
      You weren't a reliable editor on Arthur Wiki, you vandalised several dozen pages.

      You're not exactly what I would call 'reliable', either. You abused your administrative rights and permanantly blocked me over differing religious and political views. So I will address my case to an Arthur Wiki bureaucrat, and try my best to get your administrative status removed before you cause any more damage to innocent users.

      They won't accept you back on account of your homophobia. Because you think you did nothing wrong. That you should be allowed to say that having gay people in a kid's cartoon is "disgusting", and because this is your opinion, you therefore have a valid stance on the matter.

      @TheAtomicLihgt would u say that @Toby The Pug should forget that wiki u blocked him on & move on?

        Loading editor
    • I'm sure you'd go over really well at The Loud House Wiki...

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote: I'm sure you'd go over really well at The Loud House Wiki...

      wut do u mean lol

      btw r u currently in HS cuz it seems 2 me thats true due 2 ur libel against @Toby The Pug

        Loading editor
    • F039A6C4 wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:

      Toby The Pug wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:
      You weren't a reliable editor on Arthur Wiki, you vandalised several dozen pages.

      You're not exactly what I would call 'reliable', either. You abused your administrative rights and permanantly blocked me over differing religious and political views. So I will address my case to an Arthur Wiki bureaucrat, and try my best to get your administrative status removed before you cause any more damage to innocent users.

      They won't accept you back on account of your homophobia. Because you think you did nothing wrong. That you should be allowed to say that having gay people in a kid's cartoon is "disgusting", and because this is your opinion, you therefore have a valid stance on the matter.

      whoa! never expected the admin per se 2 come on this thread!


      @TheAtomicLihgt would u say that @Toby The Pug should forget that wiki u blocked him on & move on?

      I wasn't going to, as I've already filed a complaint, but I felt I had to point that out. I feel like I've said all that I can now.

      But to answer your question, I think he should move on. I've done the same thing when I've had issues. But more than anything he just sounds like an ignorant troll. He's already mass vandalised the site anyway, so he didn't exactly have any value there to begin with, and should never had been allowed back on. But I wasn't aware of it at the time.

        Loading editor
    • A High school student called TheAtomicLight wrote:

      F039A6C4 wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:

      Toby The Pug wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:
      You weren't a reliable editor on Arthur Wiki, you vandalised several dozen pages.

      You're not exactly what I would call 'reliable', either. You abused your administrative rights and permanantly blocked me over differing religious and political views. So I will address my case to an Arthur Wiki bureaucrat, and try my best to get your administrative status removed before you cause any more damage to innocent users.

      They won't accept you back on account of your homophobia. Because you think you did nothing wrong. That you should be allowed to say that having gay people in a kid's cartoon is "disgusting", and because this is your opinion, you therefore have a valid stance on the matter.

      whoa! never expected the admin per se 2 come on this thread!


      @TheAtomicLihgt would u say that @Toby The Pug should forget that wiki u blocked him on & move on?

      I wasn't going to, as I've already filed a complaint, but I felt I had to point that out. I feel like I've said all that I can now.

      But to answer your question, I think he should move on. I've done the same thing when I've had issues. But more than anything he just sounds like an ignorant troll. He's already mass vandalised the site anyway, so he didn't exactly have any value there to begin with, and should never had been allowed back on. But I wasn't aware of it at the time.

      i am empathetic

      i feel how toby doesnt deserve ur block

      but looking @ how harsh u r it seems ur still in high school

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:

      Toby The Pug wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:
      You weren't a reliable editor on Arthur Wiki, you vandalised several dozen pages.
      You're not exactly what I would call 'reliable', either. You abused your administrative rights and permanantly blocked me over differing religious and political views. So I will address my case to an Arthur Wiki bureaucrat, and try my best to get your administrative status removed before you cause any more damage to innocent users.
      They won't accept you back on account of your homophobia. Because you think you did nothing wrong. That you should be allowed to say that having gay people in a kid's cartoon is "disgusting", and because this is your opinion, you therefore have a valid stance on the matter.

      Again, I wasn't homophobic.

        Loading editor
    • F039A6C4 wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote: I'm sure you'd go over really well at The Loud House Wiki...

      wut do u mean lol

      btw r u currently in HS cuz it seems 2 me thats true due 2 ur libel against @Toby The Pug

      I don't understand? Does homophobia not exist outside of grade 9?

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:

      F039A6C4 wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:

      Toby The Pug wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:
      You weren't a reliable editor on Arthur Wiki, you vandalised several dozen pages.
      You're not exactly what I would call 'reliable', either. You abused your administrative rights and permanantly blocked me over differing religious and political views. So I will address my case to an Arthur Wiki bureaucrat, and try my best to get your administrative status removed before you cause any more damage to innocent users.
      They won't accept you back on account of your homophobia. Because you think you did nothing wrong. That you should be allowed to say that having gay people in a kid's cartoon is "disgusting", and because this is your opinion, you therefore have a valid stance on the matter.
      whoa! never expected the admin per se 2 come on this thread!


      @TheAtomicLihgt would u say that @Toby The Pug should forget that wiki u blocked him on & move on?

      I wasn't going to, as I've already filed a complaint, but I felt I had to point that out. I feel like I've said all that I can now.

      But to answer your question, I think he should move on. I've done the same thing when I've had issues. But more than anything he just sounds like an ignorant troll. He's already mass vandalised the site anyway, so he didn't exactly have any value there to begin with, and should never had been allowed back on. But I wasn't aware of it at the time.

      Again, I'm not a troll. And if anything, you're the ignorant troll, not me.

        Loading editor
    • This is becoming really worthwhile. Not.

      I'm out of this thread. Bye.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:

      F039A6C4 wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote: I'm sure you'd go over really well at The Loud House Wiki...

      wut do u mean lol

      btw r u currently in HS cuz it seems 2 me thats true due 2 ur libel against @Toby The Pug

      I don't understand? Does homophobia not exist outside of grade 9?

      i never said u were homophobic.

      u ACCUSED toby OF being homophobic.

      a LOT of high schoolers troll people and accuse them simultaneously.

      u didnt understand what i said which proves EVEN MORE that ur still in high school

      it doesnt matter if ur freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, liberal, conservative, or a lil kid in mamas basement

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote: This is becoming really worthwhile. Not.

      I'm out of this thread. Bye.

      omg tis is hilarius

      i almost fell outta mah cheir wile reeding dis post

      p.s. still laughing even after 1 minute

      p.p.s. sry bout any speling mistakes but theyre common when im laughing hard as heck

        Loading editor
    • F039A6C4, please stop derailing the thread . . . 

      You do this too much. 

      You do not need to antagonise and provoke others for your own entertainment. 

      • * * 

      TheAtomicLight:

      It's best to ignore those two now. 

      They're showing themselves up, and you've made your complaint. Touch wood, Fandom staff should be able to deal with this in a satisfactory manner, but - in the meantime - replying to them will just rile them up and give them the attention they crave. You do not need to justify yourself to them, and they are not entitled to your time or attention. 

        Loading editor
    • KevinVolkov wrote: F039A6C4, please stop derailing the thread . . . 

      You do this too much. 

      You do not need to antagonise and provoke others for your own entertainment. 

      • * * 

      TheAtomicLight:

      It's best to ignore those two now. 

      They're showing themselves up, and you've made your complaint. Touch wood, Fandom staff should be able to deal with this in a satisfactory manner, but - in the meantime - replying to them will just rile them up and give them the attention they crave. You do not need to justify yourself to them, and they are not entitled to your time or attention. 

      sorry but im very empathetic 4 others and if theyre falsely blocked by bad admin i try 2 protect them

      and @TheAtomicLight was way 2 harsh and thats how high school students usually act so i was just pointing out an educated guess

      again sorry about it

        Loading editor
    • F039A6C4 wrote:

      A High school student called TheAtomicLight wrote:

      F039A6C4 wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:

      Toby The Pug wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:
      You weren't a reliable editor on Arthur Wiki, you vandalised several dozen pages.
      You're not exactly what I would call 'reliable', either. You abused your administrative rights and permanantly blocked me over differing religious and political views. So I will address my case to an Arthur Wiki bureaucrat, and try my best to get your administrative status removed before you cause any more damage to innocent users.
      They won't accept you back on account of your homophobia. Because you think you did nothing wrong. That you should be allowed to say that having gay people in a kid's cartoon is "disgusting", and because this is your opinion, you therefore have a valid stance on the matter.
      whoa! never expected the admin per se 2 come on this thread!


      @TheAtomicLihgt would u say that @Toby The Pug should forget that wiki u blocked him on & move on?

      I wasn't going to, as I've already filed a complaint, but I felt I had to point that out. I feel like I've said all that I can now.

      But to answer your question, I think he should move on. I've done the same thing when I've had issues. But more than anything he just sounds like an ignorant troll. He's already mass vandalised the site anyway, so he didn't exactly have any value there to begin with, and should never had been allowed back on. But I wasn't aware of it at the time.

      i am empathetic

      i feel how toby doesnt deserve ur block

      but looking @ how harsh u r it seems ur still in high school

      Thanks. At least somebody understands,

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:
      This is becoming really worthwhile. Not.

      I'm out of this thread. Bye.

      Looks to me like somebody has been defeated and is looking for an excuse to escape this humiliation.

        Loading editor
    • F039A6C4 wrote:

      KevinVolkov wrote: F039A6C4, please stop derailing the thread . . . 

      You do this too much. 

      You do not need to antagonise and provoke others for your own entertainment. 

      TheAtomicLight:

      It's best to ignore those two now. 

      They're showing themselves up, and you've made your complaint. Touch wood, Fandom staff should be able to deal with this in a satisfactory manner, but - in the meantime - replying to them will just rile them up and give them the attention they crave. You do not need to justify yourself to them, and they are not entitled to your time or attention. 

      sorry but im very empathetic 4 others and if theyre falsely blocked by bad admin i try 2 protect them

      and @TheAtomicLight was way 2 harsh and thats how high school students usually act so i was just pointing out an educated guess

      again sorry about it

      Thanks. At least somebody understands.

        Loading editor
    • Toby The Pug wrote:

      F039A6C4 wrote:

      A High school student called TheAtomicLight wrote:

      F039A6C4 wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:

      Toby The Pug wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:
      You weren't a reliable editor on Arthur Wiki, you vandalised several dozen pages.
      You're not exactly what I would call 'reliable', either. You abused your administrative rights and permanantly blocked me over differing religious and political views. So I will address my case to an Arthur Wiki bureaucrat, and try my best to get your administrative status removed before you cause any more damage to innocent users.
      They won't accept you back on account of your homophobia. Because you think you did nothing wrong. That you should be allowed to say that having gay people in a kid's cartoon is "disgusting", and because this is your opinion, you therefore have a valid stance on the matter.
      whoa! never expected the admin per se 2 come on this thread!


      @TheAtomicLihgt would u say that @Toby The Pug should forget that wiki u blocked him on & move on?

      I wasn't going to, as I've already filed a complaint, but I felt I had to point that out. I feel like I've said all that I can now.

      But to answer your question, I think he should move on. I've done the same thing when I've had issues. But more than anything he just sounds like an ignorant troll. He's already mass vandalised the site anyway, so he didn't exactly have any value there to begin with, and should never had been allowed back on. But I wasn't aware of it at the time.

      i am empathetic

      i feel how toby doesnt deserve ur block

      but looking @ how harsh u r it seems ur still in high school

      Thanks. At least somebody understands,

      oh ur welcome

      i shouldve known that getting mad @ TheAtomicLight wont help u get ur block away

      i just felt very sorry 4 u & furious @ TheAtomicLight that hed do such a thing 2 u

      u shouldve contacted fandom staff Special:Contact & asked them 2 look in ur block & remove it if its implausible

        Loading editor
    • F039A6C4 wrote:

      Toby The Pug wrote:

      F039A6C4 wrote:

      A High school student called TheAtomicLight wrote:


      F039A6C4 wrote:


      TheAtomicLight wrote:


      Toby The Pug wrote:


      TheAtomicLight wrote:
      You weren't a reliable editor on Arthur Wiki, you vandalised several dozen pages.
      You're not exactly what I would call 'reliable', either. You abused your administrative rights and permanantly blocked me over differing religious and political views. So I will address my case to an Arthur Wiki bureaucrat, and try my best to get your administrative status removed before you cause any more damage to innocent users.
      They won't accept you back on account of your homophobia. Because you think you did nothing wrong. That you should be allowed to say that having gay people in a kid's cartoon is "disgusting", and because this is your opinion, you therefore have a valid stance on the matter.
      whoa! never expected the admin per se 2 come on this thread!


      @TheAtomicLihgt would u say that @Toby The Pug should forget that wiki u blocked him on & move on?

      I wasn't going to, as I've already filed a complaint, but I felt I had to point that out. I feel like I've said all that I can now.

      But to answer your question, I think he should move on. I've done the same thing when I've had issues. But more than anything he just sounds like an ignorant troll. He's already mass vandalised the site anyway, so he didn't exactly have any value there to begin with, and should never had been allowed back on. But I wasn't aware of it at the time.

      i am empathetic

      i feel how toby doesnt deserve ur block

      but looking @ how harsh u r it seems ur still in high school

      Thanks. At least somebody understands,
      oh ur welcome

      i shouldve known that getting mad @ TheAtomicLight wont help u get ur block away

      i just felt very sorry 4 u & furious @ TheAtomicLight that hed do such a thing 2 u

      u shouldve contacted fandom staff Special:Contact & asked them 2 look in ur block & remove it if its implausible

      Thanks again. I can't believe the behaviour of TheAtomicLight, either. And I just contacted fandom staff like you suggested.

        Loading editor
    • As KevinVolkov said earlier, admins mostly have free reign on wikis, and staff rarely gets involved in local matters. Contacting staff to appeal a local block will rarely result to anything, because as said before, admins are allowed to block for any reason they see fit, including no reason at all. The only exception here is possibly if there is clear evidence that the blocked user has never been on the wiki they are blocked on.

      F039A6C4, please stop derailing threads, giving false advise, and insulting other users. These comments are generally not constructive, and accusing others of being in school because of their behaviour is very insulting.

        Loading editor
    • Mendes2 wrote: As KevinVolkov said earlier, admins mostly have free reign on wikis, and staff rarely gets involved in local matters. Contacting staff to appeal a local block will rarely result to anything, because as said before, admins are allowed to block for any reason they see fit, including no reason at all. The only exception here is possibly if there is clear evidence that the blocked user has never been on the wiki they are blocked on.

      F039A6C4, please stop derailing threads, giving false advise, and insulting other users. These comments are generally not constructive, and accusing others of being in school because of their behaviour is very insulting.

      i already apologized

      i just felt very sorry 4 toby

      and very furious that atomic light would ever do such a thing

        Loading editor
    • Hello, If I am reading the content correctly, the page was Mr. Ratburn and the Special Someone. Also, I read log entries for TheAtomicLight. Based on the time stamps, the article comments included

      This is disgusting, and I am disgusted. There is no place for these things in a show for children

      The page features Arthur's teacher got married to another man in a same sex marriage.

      If anyone's asking, I'm just providing information on what I saw and not taking sides.

        Loading editor
    • Mendes2 wrote:
      As KevinVolkov said earlier, admins mostly have free reign on wikis, and staff rarely gets involved in local matters. Contacting staff to appeal a local block will rarely result to anything, because as said before, admins are allowed to block for any reason they see fit, including no reason at all. The only exception here is possibly if there is clear evidence that the blocked user has never been on the wiki they are blocked on.

      F039A6C4, please stop derailing threads, giving false advise, and insulting other users. These comments are generally not constructive, and accusing others of being in school because of their behaviour is very insulting.

      F039A6C4 is not giving false advice. He is just being a decent human being. Something that TheAtomicLight should consider trying to do.

        Loading editor
    • MechQueste wrote:

      Hello, If I am reading the content correctly, the page was Mr. Ratburn and the Special Someone. Also, I read log entries for TheAtomicLight. Based on the time stamps, the article comments included

      This is disgusting, and I am disgusted. There is no place for these things in a show for children

      The page features Arthur's teacher got married to another man in a same sex marriage.

      If anyone's asking, I'm just providing information on what I saw and not taking sides.

      omg i guess i was wrong all this time

      however im NOT sorry 4 TheAtomicLight

      the usa is a free country & we can have any opinions we want

      he was just disgusted by gay stuff

      its just an opinion

      @TheAtomicLight did u see the message i left?

        Loading editor
    • F039A6C4 wrote: the usa is a free country & we can have any opinions we want

      Fandom is not the US government, and we actually do have restrictions what people can say on our site.

      Suggesting that being gay is "disgusting" is not okay, and not welcome.

      Toby The Pug, you are certainly free to have opinions about this matter in your private life, but it is not okay on Fandom. Please accept the local block you have been given and move on (and do not repeat this language elsewhere).

        Loading editor
    • Kirkburn wrote:

      F039A6C4 wrote: the usa is a free country & we can have any opinions we want

      Fandom is not the US government, and we actually do have restrictions what people can say on our site.

      Suggesting that being gay is "disgusting" is not okay, and not welcome.

      Toby The Pug, you are certainly free to have opinions about this matter in your private life, but it is not okay on Fandom. Please accept the local block you have been given and move on (and do not repeat this language elsewhere).

      Very well. I will accept the local block, despite the evident injustice. But it would seem that I have been given no choice but to accept it. And I must say that I expected far better from fandom. I am disappointed by the handling of this appalling situation I have been forced to endure, and the blatant bias that fandom has expressed. I previously thought that fandom was above censorship. Perhaps I was wrong.

      And hopefully I will not be penalised and/or censored for pointing out the flaws of fandom. But at this point, I would not be too surprised if that does happen . . .

        Loading editor
    • Terms of Use states that posting content containing homophobia (and yes, saying that being gay is disgusting absolutely falls under homophobia) is disallowed on Fandom, which's agreed upon by a person when registering account on Fandom:

      [...] You agree not to: [...] Post or transmit any content that is obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party, or content that contains homophobia, ethnic slurs, religious intolerance, or encourages criminal conduct;


      So I can't see how your comments not having a place on Fandom appears to be a surprise to you. It's absolutely not an act of injustice to ask you to avoid homophobic speech, even setting personal view aside, on Fandom.

        Loading editor
    • CrazyForMyself wrote:
      Terms of Use states that posting content containing homophobia (and yes, saying that being gay is disgusting absolutely falls under homophobia) is disallowed on Fandom, which's agreed upon by a person when registering account on Fandom:
      [...] You agree not to: [...] Post or transmit any content that is obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party, or content that contains homophobia, ethnic slurs, religious intolerance, or encourages criminal conduct;


      So I can't see how your comments not having a place on Fandom appears to be a surprise to you. It's absolutely not an act of injustice to ask you to avoid homophobic speech, even setting personal view aside, on Fandom.

      Just because it is written in the Fandom Terms of Use does not in any way whatsoever mean that censorship can therefore be justified. I am still appalled by this bias. The Fandom staff should seriously consider reflecting on this.

      Also, the fact that the Terms of Use uses the word 'homophobia' is enough proof for me that Fandom is biased. Homophobia is a rather cretinous word invented by the evil homosexual agenda in an attempt to show those who faithfully follow the laws of their religion in a bad light. I cringe whenever it is used.

      So no, it is an act of injustice to be censored. And no, I was not 'asked' to avoid 'homophobic' speech. I was forced, censored and permanently blocked from an entire wiki.

      Again, I must say that I am still disappointed, and expected far better from Fandom. Hopefully I will not be penalised and/or censored for pointing out the flaws of Fandom, or the true agenda of the evil Sin that is homosexuality. But I would not be too surprised if that does happen.

        Loading editor
    • Toby The Pug wrote:

      Homophobia is a rather cretinous word invented by the evil homosexual agenda in an attempt to show those who faithfully follow the laws of their religion in a bad light [...] or the true agenda of the evil Sin that is homosexuality.

      This is extremely homophobic language. 

      It is also a clear-cut case of breaching ToU, when you were just warned by staff about that.

      Have you considered toning down your language?

      If not for respect of others, but self-interest in protecting your right to use the site?

        Loading editor
    • Then you'll not be too surprised of the following warning: Please do not continue to espouse your strictly negative opinions on the topic of Same-Gender Relationships (think of it however you want), and you'll be blocked here on Central.

      You are free to THINK of it however you wish, you're *not* free to comment about it on any FANDOM platform.


      "Free Speech" is only guaranteed by the US Government (and that is beginning to get shaky and uncertain). Private businesses are not obligated to support it (unless they have any sort of government contract or grants as it is part of the terms of such).

      MOST private companies, however, DO support Free Speech, but supported or not, Freedom of Speech does not mean freedom from consequences. For example, you may have the Freedom to tell you boss what you think of them, but because your boss can then also exercise *their* Free Speech rights to tell you "you're fired". A consequence.

      Freedom of Speech also does not allow you to yell "Fire" in a crowded venue, that is one of several examples where Free Speech is strictly prohibited.

      This part of the conversation is beyond the scope of this thread. If any wish to continue it, feel free to either move to my wall, or make a blog to discuss it further. Any attempts to debate Freedom of Speech here will only get this thread closed.

        Loading editor
    • KevinVolkov wrote:
       

      Toby The Pug wrote:

      Homophobia is a rather cretinous word invented by the evil homosexual agenda in an attempt to show those who faithfully follow the laws of their religion in a bad light [...] or the true agenda of the evil Sin that is homosexuality.

      This is extremely homophobic language. 

      It is also a clear-cut case of breaching ToU, when you were just warned by staff about that.

      Have you considered toning down your language?

      If not for respect of others, but self-interest in protecting your right to use the site?

      This is extremely cringey language, and also a clear-cut case of disregard for freedom of speech. Just because it is written in the Fandom Terms of Use does not in any way whatsoever mean that censorship can therefore be justified. So thanks for proving my points by telling me what and what not to say. And again with the use of the word 'homophobic'. Have you considered using intelligent language, as opposed to 'toning down your language' like you told me to do? And what was so 'homophobic' about my language, anyway?

        Loading editor
    • You were calling people "evil", "cretins", "disgsuting [sic]", and "sinful". 

      I think it obvious why this is inflammatory hate speech, which - in most countries - the right to free speech does not protect. You were also warned before about this, but continued . . . frankly, I'm appalled that you got a second warning and not an instant ban. 

      If you want a civil discussion, please message my wall instead. 

      You're derailed this thread enough. 

        Loading editor
    • Toby The Pug
      Toby The Pug removed this reply because:
      ,
      14:19, February 11, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • KevinVolkov wrote:
      You were calling people "evil", "cretins", "disgsuting [sic]", and "sinful". 

      I think it obvious why this is inflammatory hate speech, which - in most countries - the right to free speech does not protect. You were also warned before about this, but continued . . . frankly, I'm appalled that you got a second warning and not an instant ban. 

      If you want a civil discussion, please message my wall instead. 

      You're derailed this thread enough. 

      'You were calling people "evil", "cretins", "disgsuting [sic]", and "sinful". '

      Correct. Your point?

      'I think it obvious why this is inflammatory hate speech'

      Not really. Hate speech is free speech, m8.

      'I'm appalled that you got a second warning and not an instant ban.'

      And I am appalled that you have come to that twisted conclusion.

      'If you want a civil discussion, please message my wall instead.'

      Well, you're not going to get one. You can thank yourself and the Fandom censorship you support so much for that.

      'You're derailed this thread enough.'

      no u

        Loading editor
    • Like it or not, these are the Terms of Use, and this is Fandom's stance. By using the service, you agree to them.

        Loading editor
    • Okay, I think that's enough. Fandom's Terms of Use have been clearly explained, and that has been ignored. I have banned Toby and will close this thread.

      Thank you to all on this thread who have been voices of reason.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.