FANDOM

• Hey everyone,

I am an active developer of Heroes 5 mods and want to begin contributing and modifying the heroes V fandom page -> https://heroes5.fandom.com.

Currently I see that there are no admins for it so I am wondering how can I become one ?

Thank you! Best regards,

Jordan

Loading editor
    • You can adopt it.

Loading editor
    • Thank you! :)

Loading editor
    • You can't become admin of a page. I assume you mean the wiki and not just a page, If so, you can try to file for adoption, but. you've only just started editing there, so I doubt you'll get it.

Loading editor
    • Thanks! I am not going anywhere so I will take my time :)

Loading editor
    • Jordan Kostov wrote:
      Thanks! I am not going anywhere so I will take my time :)

I'm curious, though, why you'd want to adopt that dump. The bcrat of that place left in 2010. Now you come 10 years later and ask to be made bcrat of a long dead wiki? Very strange.

Loading editor
    • I am part of a modding team at www.heroescommunity.com

Unfortunatelly the forum has active members but not much of admins and is going down from time to time. So I do decided to find search for another place to keep modding documentation.

And this is how I bumped into fandom. It looks as a nice place, wiki looks way better than HC and article creation is very easy.

Anyway if you think you can get me any advice I am open about it.

Cheers!

Loading editor
    • I see. That still doesn't explain much. Why not create your own wiki from scratch instead of hoping that staff one day accepts your adoption request on this specific wiki? I don't imagine the meagre foundations of that wiki would provide much for you, you'd still need to recreate it practically from scratch. Still, if this is your decision, I suppose there's no reason why I should atttempt to dissuade you further.

Loading editor
    • Thank you Vanity.

Frankly I never thought I can make a new one. :D

Loading editor
    • Just carefully read the instructions at Adoption:Requests and follow them. As you'll need to edit a bit every day for a week and make at least 1 new article, suggest you do that before submitting the request. Also review the info about if there are any active users.

As a warning: if the wiki is Stats-dead, meaning it doesn't draw in many visitors, the adoption may fail for that reason. In which case, Vanity's suggestion of starting a New Wiki may have merit.

Loading editor
    • Thank you Love Robin!

Not sure if there are visitors but it seems pretty dead to me. We got about 1k+ discord members on the modding channel after I put some work into it I will begin adveretising it.

Loading editor
    • In the Request, state under "additional information" about the ready audience you have on tap at your discord, so you have high expectation of an easy revival. Getting those users to visit everyday for a week or 2 will definitely up your chances for success.

Mind you, Staff makes the final determination and they have access to tools I don't. Just let the process run its course and lets all find out together!

Loading editor
    • Thank you so much for the nice advices :).

Unfortunatelly I already filled in a request earlier today, but as you said nothing is over if people begin to visit around!

Cheers!

Loading editor
    • You can update the request with additional significant info like this. I wouldn't bother for things like edit counts and number of days, that'll be checked when the reviewer gets to it, but this is worth an edit.

Loading editor
    • Will do it :). Btw is there a way to edit my nickname? Currently my name is the nickname and my nickname is the "a.k.a".  May this happened because I joined with facebook :(. I want to swap them around.

Loading editor
    • Jordan Kostov wrote: Will do it :). Btw is there a way to edit my nickname? Currently my name is the nickname and my nickname is the "a.k.a".  May this happened because I joined with facebook :(. I want to swap them around.

So, I’m guessing you want "dredknight" as the main name on the profile header? If yes, you basically change the placement of the two names into the respective locations.

Loading editor
    • Yes. This happened because you joined via Facebook. You cannot simply switch the positions of the names; there is officially only one username. If you want Dredknight to be your username, you will have to rename your account. You can do so at Special:UserRenameTool. However, you should be sure you want to do this. Each account may be renamed once and only once. Additionally, renames cannot be reverted nor can a new account be opened under the previous username.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: Yes. This happened because you joined via Facebook. You cannot simply switch the positions of the names; there is officially only one username. If you want Dredknight to be your username, you will have to rename your account. You can do so at Special:UserRenameTool. However, you should be sure you want to do this. Each account may be renamed once and only once. Additionally, renames cannot be reverted nor can a new account be opened under the previous username.

So, do changed usernames require any policies? I’m thinking about changing mine, although I need some information regarding this.

Loading editor
    • I am not sure what you mean by "require any policies". Anyone can rename their account provided they have not previously renamed the same account. The username restrictions are the same between renaming an account and creating an account. This includes the requirement that neither the name nor a "similar" name has been or is currently in use.

Loading editor
    • Thank you for the valuable feedback.

Unfortunatelly I cannot change the username because a password is required and as I am logging with facebook I have none. I tried the one from facebook but it does not work. :(

Loading editor
    • Just use the Forgot Password flow to get a new password.

Loading editor
    • After you have finished changing your username, you should be able to relink your FANDOM and Facebook accounts to once again login with Facebook.

Loading editor
    • Thank you unfortunatelly dredknight is taken by some dummy account. I will have to think of alternatives. 

Loading editor
    • Why not merging the two usernames to create Jordan Kostov the Dredknight?

Loading editor
    • I got everything I need now ^_^. WIll think about it for a bit.

Loading editor
    • Jordan Kostov wrote: I got everything I need now ^_^. WIll think about it for a bit.

Was that about my username suggestion?

Loading editor
    • The account is likely not a dummy account. It just might be that the user has never been here to Community Central before.

Loading editor
    • @UpnCbs06 it is a bit too pompose for me :D.

@Andrewds1021 is there anything I can do about it?

Loading editor
    • No, I'm afraid you can't do anything about getting a username already owned by someone, if that's what you're wondering. Going with an alternative username for yourself would be the way to go. :)

Loading editor
    • To expand on CrazyForMyself's reply:

The reason you cannot reuse a username is the same reason why "similar" usernames are not allowed; impersonation. If FANDOM allowed two or more accounts to use the same username, it would get confusing in things like logs and conversations like this. Let's say a different user was allowed to use my username and posted a mean comment. How would you know it wasn't me? How would you report the correct user to staff is they started harassing you? Let's say you wanted to check Andrewds1021's contributions. Well, which Andrewds1021 are you referring to?

Loading editor
    • Thank you for elaboartion Andrewds!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.