FANDOM

• For some reason on a different wiki chat, the auto-scroll is not working. Everytime someone talks, I'd have to scroll down on my own. Considering this wiki has a really active chat and I need to moderate it as well as possible, I need this fixed. Any tips?

Loading editor
    • Which wiki is this? Perhaps there is some custom JS enabled that is doing this.

Loading editor
    • https://wingsoffire.fandom.com/wiki/Wings_of_Fire_Wiki

Pretty sure it's not that. Other users don't seem to have the same problem.

Loading editor
    • Interesting. Is there a chance they aren't actually using the scroll bar in the first place though. When I enter and just leave the scroll bar untouched, it scrolls just fine for me. However, if I scroll up, I get the same issue you described.

I am not getting that issue on other wikis so right now the custom JS remains the primary suspect. Also, while the auto-scroll "wasn't working", I noticed that the scroll bar jitters up and down a bit each time a user posts. I am thinking somewhere in the JS, there might be some snippet that is re-scrolling up (as opposed to the auto-scroll not working).

Unfortunately, it is a bit hard to confirm for sure as the chat does not allow disabling of JS via the URL like most pages do. Therefore, I can't test chat with JS disabled to see if the issue still exists.

Loading editor
    • Mkay. Thank you for the help!

Loading editor
    • After skimming the various scripts imported for that wiki's chat. I believe (but cannot confirm 100%) I have found the culprit. IsTyping has a configuration option called "doScroll". When set to "true", it supposedly prevents scrolling of the chat window. This option is indeed set to "true" by the wiki's chat JS.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.