FANDOM

• Hey. So I took ownership of the skybounds wiki recently, but whenever I work on a page, and press enter to go to the next line, it automatically skips a line, and I cannot force it to not skip the line, despite trying it in the source editor, and cramming text. When I write it in the source editor, there are no spaces, but once I save it they all form one big blob of text, with an arrows symbol before each time I tried to enter for the next none-indented sentence. In the normal editor, it just flat-out skips the line. I read this post on indented lines and disabling them, but it just confused me (I'm an html noob unfortunately) and I'm not really sure how to fix it from auto indenting. I would appreciate if someone could attempt to identify the problem, or just give suggestions. Thank you!

Loading editor
    • Can you give a specific page? There doesn't seem to be any css or js left over from the previous administration. I've scoured around, but I founf none of these arrows you speak of.

Using one line break in source does not create one in the output. Two line breaks gives a white line. Using a colon indents a line.

Loading editor
    • Also, the wiki you looked to for answers is about a text editor. The instructions there are for how to stop auto-indent in the editor that is the topic of the wiki, not in the wiki's editor.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      Can you give a specific page? There doesn't seem to be any css or js left over from the previous administration. I've scoured around, but I founf none of these arrows you speak of.

Using one line break in source does not create one in the output. Two line breaks gives a white line. Using a colon indents a line.

It is the front page that I linked you to, but it occurs on every page. I added the arrow to the bottom of the front page again, look in-between the TopComp and Turqmelon sentences. It is creating a line break for some reason in the source editor, you can try it for yourself! Thanks for responding.

Loading editor
    • AAndrewds1021 wrote:
      Also, the wiki you looked to for answers is about a text editor. The instructions there are for how to stop auto-indent in the editor that is the topic of the wiki, not in the wiki's editor.

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you.

Loading editor
    • Forgot to mention! The arrow only appears in the editor! Sorry.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.