FANDOM

• Hello, Fandom community. I need your help with something.
    Here it is, I would love to use MassCategorizer but I am unable to use it. I just don't know.
    There's a page that explains it, but I don't understand it.
    Thank you in advance for your answers.

Loading editor
    • Have you installed it in your personal JS?

Loading editor
    • I'm probably going to sound like an idiot or a hopeless case at best, but I don't know what personal JS is.

Loading editor
    • Special:Mypage/common.js, Special:Mypage/global.js

Do you have personal js enabled in your preferences?

Loading editor
    • I don't think so. How can I activate them, and how will that help me?

Loading editor
    • Well, I supposed we should have started be getting clarification on what you mean by "MassCategorizer". Are you referring to MassCategorization? If so, then what we said is correct.

You enable personal JS in your preferences. Scroll down to the "Advanced display options" and check the box next to "Enable personal JavaScript (Learn more)".

This will help because the MassCategorization requires personal JS to work. You can follow the installation instructions on that page.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: Well, I supposed we should have started be getting clarification on what you mean by "MassCategorizer". Are you referring to MassCategorization?

That's what I assumed.

Loading editor
    • Yes, sorry, I misspoke. I'll take your advice, thank you.

Loading editor
    • I too made that assumption about what was meant. However, I thought it pertinent to double check just in case.

Loading editor
    • Still, the two names are getting closer. Or maybe the English speakers don't have the same vision as us ?

Loading editor
    • I am sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Loading editor
    • I just don't understand how anyone could be wrong. The two words, MassCategorizer and MassCategorization, are pretty similar, right? Then it was obviously my fault.

Loading editor
    • No, it is no one's fault. There are a lot of different tools our there. It is entirely possible that there is some tool I don't know about that is actually called MassCategorizer. That is why I just wanted to double check.

Loading editor
    • I just made a mistake, and it's not the first time.
      But actually, you're right. 
      P.S. Is this what I should wear? 

//local JS file
      Cat.js
      // Dev Wiki script
      dev:MassCategorization/code.js

Loading editor
    • Again, I am not sure what you are trying to say here. However, if you are asking how to install MassCategorization, just place the following in your global JS.

importArticles({type: "script", articles: "u:dev:MassCategorization/code.js"});
        Loading editor
    • Yeah sorry if I'm a little confused, again coding is not my forte. I hope you understand.

Loading editor
    • Looks like you did it correctly though. It may take some time for the update to register on other wikis.

Loading editor
    • It worked.
      Thank you so much for your advice.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.