FANDOM

• My friend and I have been trying to figure this out for hours and neither of us can.

All I want to do is change the font size for Subheaders 3 & 4 aka H5 and H6.

We can change the colours just fine. But the font size? No way. Never changes. H1-4 will change. But anything past that refuses to budge. Is it even possible to change the size of this text??

Loading editor
    • It'd help to know where you're trying to change the font size. :)

Setting that aside, following CSS should do the job:
      .WikiaArticle h5 {
        font-size: 10px;
      }
      .WikiaArticle h6 {
        font-size: 8px;
      }
      Change font-size as you want, of course. Does this not work?
        Loading editor
    • Ah, Sorry about that. I was completely exhausted when I typed this up. I'm trying to change the global css on the MediaWiki:Wikia.css. I had something similar, minus the 

.WikiaArticle

And that completely solved the problem. I can't thank you enough. I'll have to tell my friend how simple it was. xD

Loading editor
    • Haha, it's fine, glad it worked out! What I actually meant was that linking to the wiki where it wasn't working, since it helps to see what code you're trying to use and find out the issue. :)

In this case, h5 and h6 type selectors alone aren't specific enough to override the default font size styling, while adding WikiaArticle class adds to specificity and hence let your styling work. It can be a headache, indeed!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.