FANDOM

• owlsnews.fandom.com is now open how am i doing?

Loading editor
    • Tupka217
      Tupka217 removed this reply because:
      18:51, January 30, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • What kind of wiki are you trying to build?

Loading editor
    • a news wiki.

Loading editor
    • So far, your "news" is a headline with no sourcing whatsoever.

People don't really go to Fandom for news. And you can't compete with established news sites. You'd be wasting your time.

Loading editor
    • thanks but i will continue to work on it.

Loading editor
    • Do you have any qualifications in journalism? Experience writing articles? Knowledge of the inner workings of news media?

Loading editor
    • no but i like to write so i can try and also iam trying to get more editors on fandom. its not going so good as of yet.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:

People don't really go to Fandom for news. And you can't compete with established news sites. You'd be wasting your time.

Exactly, this system of websites are meant for various things that people have interests in and are willing to support the wiki based around the content or topic. If you’re interested in that topic that’s okay, however it would mostly be you editing, with occasional other users.

Loading editor
    • Maybe i should just leave Fandom all together.

Loading editor
    • Fandom wikis lean towards media topics as being more popular, such as games, tv shows, and movies. You mention that you like writing. Perhaps, you have a TV show that you like and want to write about a specific character, such as their personality and appearance. This is perfectly possible, and many wikis do this.

Many wikis could contain wrong information or spelling mistakes in such sections, which is when you can come in and fix them up! Not only will you continue to write and fix mistakes, you will also be practicing your writing that way anyway.

Sure, Fandom isn't the best site for news, but there are still many other things to write about. That's the magic of Fandom.

All the best!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.