FANDOM

• It said I been blocked for socking for no reason. I contact Fandom Support and yes they are the ones who blocked my IP address out of nowhere and it will be unblocked on the 25th of April. can somebody help me?

Loading editor
    • Hi, It is unfortunate your IP has been blocked. If it was not intended for you, then you have nothing to worry about and continue to edit on your account. no one here can help you, well without information of where you can't edit.

Loading editor
    • Use VPN service

Loading editor
    • No, don't do that. If you do, you will probably find yourself IP blocked more than you currently do. The purpose of commercial VPN services is to provide increased privacy by sharing a large pool of IPs among many users. It is for that reason that vandals, the type of user who get blocked, like using them. They think that using a VPN will prevent them from getting blocked. However, admins can just play whack-a-mole with VPN IPs. This can results in a large number of VPN IPs being blocked just because of one or a few bad users.

Loading editor
    • I never did anything bad or even created other accounts! I do not know how to do VPN, because I dont want to pay to get it. I rather just wait till Fandom unblocks my IP.

Loading editor
    • Never will because my IP changes randomly (it's two), so...I hope somebody unblock it, and I will really appreicate it! I really do not sock puppet, laugh out loud.

Loading editor
    • VPN service is against hackers,Administrators can see your device ID its legall.Ultimate vpn is free blue icon google play.You will be very suprised how different are google search results

Loading editor
    • SophiaTheLaiFattHead, if you IP keeps changing, then perhaps you will be able to access things once your IP changes again.

Bonechance, no, just no. Clearly you don't understand how VPNs work.

Loading editor
    • It's your device and privacy. I tried to help

Loading editor
    • SophiaTheLaiFattHead wrote: I never did anything bad or even created other accounts! I do not know how to do VPN, because I dont want to pay to get it. I rather just wait till Fandom unblocks my IP.

I'll tell you that I'm happy to hear this conclusion from you. Since you mention that Fandom Staff blocked the IP address, you should let them know of your situation. If you haven't done anything wrong and can explain clearly your case, then all should be well.

All the best!

Loading editor
    • It make no sens Sherlock.Admin limited her account,not IP address,you are the one with bad intensions.Evidently you bother me and make a threats.I wish you a luck.

Loading editor
    • But why Fandom support block my IP address? Why not people like Joseph kargbo or Sarah Briner? I did contact Fandom. And I have two IPs, obviously, one that works, the other one, doesn't work, because it's blocked. I wanna cry less. Shady! Shady palm tree Fandom! :(

Loading editor
    • The administrators of the Selena Gomez wiki is so lazy that the Joseph kargbo page is still on there and that nobody was even here to even remove it off, so is Kargbo's personal photos added to the SG wiki. He has nothing to do with Selena Gomez so can anybody remove it off (including personal photos of him?) Thanks

Loading editor
    • Only staff can tell you with certainty why one of your IPs was banned. However, since they didn't ban your account, clearly you are not the intended target of the ban.

Could you link to those two wikis? It is possible the admins may not be active. In that case, vandalism can be reported to VSTF.

Loading editor
    • Based on the available information, it looks like the bureaucrats/admins are not lazy; they just aren't on the wiki anymore. It also appears that the wiki does not have a wiki manager. Here is what I would suggest. Create a Discussions post to talk with the rest of the community about electing a new bureaucrat/admin. If most replies agree it is needed, create a new post for candidate nominations. After the candidates have been selected, do a third post where users can vote for their favorite candidate. After the voting is done, contact staff with links to the 3 discussions and ask them to promote the selected user to bureaucrat/admin. Then that user can delete the page in question as well as deal with any other issues that arise. For each discussion, be sure to set a clear deadline for replies. Give each at least a few days and make sure to specify the timezone. This will avoid confusion since, for example, midnight happens in the UK 4-8 hours before it happens in the US (depending also on the season and where in the US).

Loading editor
    • INVISIBLE ENEMY is 10 x more dangerous than enemy you know.The only thing they can not change and they never will is the way they talk to people.

Loading editor
    • There are good people and bad people,and it's the same with Administrators.The bad Administrator must be mentally ill,because he has no clue about responsibilities and how important his job is.The little things they do,might lead to big tragedies, even to the death.They are leaving now,because of some reason,like a cowards.Let's be honest,it's true,and it's time to fix this machine.

Loading editor
    • SophiaTheLaiFattHead wrote: It said I been blocked for socking for no reason. I contact Fandom Support and yes they are the ones who blocked my IP address out of nowhere and it will be unblocked on the 25th of April. can somebody help me?

My IP address has been blocked for no reason too

Loading editor
    • I am not sure what is your point,if your IP is blocked why you are able to post anything on Wiki forum.I am not an Admin and I don't know is it legall that you post from "I am not Edwin"If you are blocked,you are blocked.You need to contact to staff members.

Loading editor
    • I get blocked at certain times of day & then I get unblocked. Reason: violating ToU

Loading editor
    • Is your IP changing? For example, are you using a school network during the day and your home network at night?

Loading editor
    • I will prevent it from being blocked by using Special:BlockBlocks

Loading editor
    • DonaId trunnp wrote:
      I will prevent it from being blocked by using Special:BlockBlocks

Please. You're cluttering the message walls the same way he does the White House. Just stop.

Loading editor
    • DonaId trunnp has been blocked FANDOM wide. I'm sure the person behind it will try again, but hopefully caught quicker.

Loading editor
    • The clock is ticking.I need friendly Admins.

Loading editor
    • Ummm... if you're having a problem, start your own thread... don't hijack this one.

Loading editor
    • What does this have to do with me?

Loading editor
    • As far as I can tell, it has nothing to do with either of your issues.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.