FANDOM

• So I'm currently in the process of setting up a Discord server for my Wiki, but before I add it (which I don't see myself having trouble figuring out) I was wondering something.

I have only ever seen Discord Widgets at the very top of the sidebar above "Recent Wiki Activity", which sort of bothers me because I like being able to quickly see that menu at the very top. My question then is is it possible to put the widget at the bottom? Say in place of the "Live Chat" bar that nobody has ever used.

So ideally,

• Recent Wiki Activity
    • Discussions Activity
    • Discord Chat
    • Popular Pages

I'm not sure if that was just a preference for those Wikis, or if it automatically is put at the top, but I figured I'd clarify beforehand.

Loading editor
    • It depends on which Discord module you are talking about. The dev wiki has 5 different Discord scripts and each has its own capabilities.

Loading editor
    • you mean the discord shown on the side of a wiki??

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      It depends on which Discord module you are talking about. The dev wiki has 5 different Discord scripts and each has its own capabilities.

I have no idea, lol. Whichever one can be placed at the bottom, I guess. I only saw one version on the page I linked earlier (which I found from dev's popular pages tab), but I guess it makes sense there would be multiple.

Loading editor
    • Unfortunately, it appears that DiscordIntegrator does not allow wikis to customize the order in which it is placed in the side rail.

Loading editor
    • this planned. was. according to the code. feel free to use the script talk page to ask to implement user-defined module order.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      Unfortunately, it appears that DiscordIntegrator does not allow wikis to customize the order in which it is placed in the side rail.

That's a shame. Would you happen to know if the other Discord ones do? I wasn't even aware of the others until you mentioned them. If not I might take Fngplg's idea and post about it on the talk page.

I'm just too use to using the Recent Wiki Activity sidebar at the top, so if I can't then I might not integrate it and just send invites to the active members. Thanks for checking either way!

Loading editor
    • I believe DiscordBanner and DiscordModule (not 100% sure on this one; I can't fully follow their code at a quick glance) are the only ones that allow wikis to choose the location of the module. Even then, it appears to be a simple choice between the top and bottom of the rail. From what I can tell, neither provides of a means of placing the module between other modules.

Loading editor
    • Hmm, alright thanks! I'll look into both of those after I finish setting up the server and see which one works best. Thanks for the help as always :)

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.