FANDOM

• So, my wiki right now doesn't have a background (I didn't make one) so you might wonder why I'm making this¬†post. Well here's the thing. So I once make another wiki, and I made a background for the wiki. But I noticed that it wasn't working. Upon closer inspection I realized that it actually was appearing, but only for a split second. Finally I realized that as soon as the ads on the top loaded, the background disappeared, and that was why the background wouldn't work, and that is why I haven't made a background for my current wiki. So could someone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks.

Loading editor
    • Could you please provide a link to your wiki? It is hard to say when we cannot investigate the issue. From my experience, the two likely explanations are:

1. You have some custom CSS/JS that is overwriting it.
      2. You are viewing it on a small screen; in which case Wikia is intentionally hiding it.
        Loading editor
    • I haven't put that background on my wiki yet, and also, replies to what you said:

1. I hadn't put any CSS or JS in that wiki at all.

2. As for the small screen, Both on my iPad and my PC, it appears for a split second, and then dissapears when the top ads load.

So yeah, that's what's happening.

Also, you wanted the link to that wiki? Here it is:

https://mineverse-official.fandom.com/wiki/Mineverse_Official_Wiki

Loading editor
    • If I am understanding you correctly, you have two wikis. One has a background but it isn't working and the other doesn't have a background yet. You have me a link one of your wikis. Is the wiki you gave me a link to one of those two wikis? If so, which one is it? When I visit the wiki you linked to, the background image seems to be working just fine.

Loading editor
    • I gave you the link to the wiki with the background.

Loading editor
    • Okay. When you go there, what do you see? I see the background image without any issues. Are you seeing a greenish color?

Loading editor
    • Yes.

I see a greenish color on my iPad. 

Loading editor
    • Then the issue is #2 from my very first reply.

Loading editor
    • but it still shows green even on my PC. Edit: Actually never mind it shows background on my pc now. maybe my pc is slow or something before. anyways, thanks!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.