FANDOM

• Okay so for this Template on my wiki, if you go:

{{Incarnation box
      |1 = something
      |2 = something else
      }}

on a page with no "3" and "4" the template will show an empty header along with an empty navigation making both to be useless, but sometimes I would need for "3" and "4" for other pages with other types of incarnations but not all pages require that, is there a way where I can make the 2nd header and navigation gone without typing "3" or "4"?

Loading editor
    • try this one.

Loading editor
    • I appreciate the the attempt to help, but all it did was create extra center texts in the first navigation

Loading editor
    • it shows centered links, without any excessive markup, as you wanted to. if it is not what you do want, then clarify your desires.

Loading editor
    • Fngplg wrote:
      it shows centered links, without any excessive markup, as you wanted to. if it is not what you do want, then clarify your desires.

Sorry, I re-edited my first message hope to make things more clear If you're still confused please tell me and I'll try to explain it better

Loading editor
    • is navigation crucial for you?

Loading editor
    • Fngplg wrote:
      is navigation crucial for you?

Basically some characters that exists as pages in my wiki require this template, "1" gives the name of the character for the "Incarnations of" header, "2" is the navigation that is always used whenever this template is used, "3" is a header that sometimes can be or not be used based on the character itself depending if they any other types of incatnations (which is the purpose of this header), "4" is something also that may or may not be used (like "3") depending if the character has any other types of incatnations.

To answer your question, at this point both the "3" header and the "4" navigation on the original incarnation box template is crucial for me to be only shown when only both are used ("3" as a header & "4" as a navigation). If not used, I would like the template to not show the "3" header nor the "4" navigation at all even if it's just empty

Loading editor
    • i'm talking about the <navigation> tag. do you need it desperately? if you don't need it, then the tag might be changed for data tag, that will be hidden automatically, if user have not supplied corresponding parameter.

Loading editor
    • Fngplg wrote:
      i'm talking about the <navigation> tag. do you need it desperately? if you don't need it, then the tag might be changed for data tag, that will be hidden automatically, if user have not supplied corresponding parameter.

Are there any other differences between data and navigation?

Loading editor
    • it is better to ask someone else. you can use discord to ask the question. for me, there is no visible difference.

Loading editor
    • Fngplg wrote:
      it is better to ask someone else. you can use discord to ask the question. for me, there is no visible difference.

No it's okay, I'll just go ahead and change it; So in order to change it, do I just replace all "<navigation>" to "<data>"?

Loading editor
    • not exactly. each your param (1, 2 etc) will be in the own <data>. if you want to use additional formatting, then you will need also <format> tag. read Help:Infoboxes and Help:Infoboxes/Tags for details.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.