FANDOM

• Is there anyone that knows how to create summaries?

Loading editor
    • What do you mean? 

Loading editor
    • Summaries for my X-Men of Steel Fandom?

Loading editor
    • I still don't know what you mean by that. Does that have anything to do with edit summary? 

Loading editor
    • Yeah. I'm looking for people who can create a summary for chapters 1 and 2 for the story on it's wiki.

Loading editor
    • There are plenty of people here who can summarize content. It takes time. People may not have the time or the interest in the topic to do it for you. Have you tried it yourself? If so, what snags did you hit?

Loading editor
    • I haven't tried it myself to be honest.

Loading editor
    • What's stopping you from trying?

Loading editor
    • Nothing, now that you mention it. Question though, what would be a good start?

Loading editor
    • Ryjack802 wrote:
      I haven't tried it myself to be honest.

Sorry, I have a lot of things on my mind, and I am not as inversed in Superhero culture as I want to be. I will let you know if I come up with something good to write after I have watched and read enough Superhero stuff, but I can't really promise anything. Sorry again.

Good luck. :)

Loading editor
    • Okay.

Loading editor
    • I'll look at it and maybe give writing the summaries a shot.

Loading editor
    • Hmm, I guess I thought you already had something long, detailed and drawn out written and wanted a summarization of that that people can read to get an overview. So, this is fanfiction according to your wiki, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Got any links?

Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • I couldn't find it there. Could you send me a direct link to the fanfic?

Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • Ryjack802 wrote:
      Here's the link https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13415792

Oh... I kind of thought you wanted people to make summaries for you was because you wanted an idea for your fanfiction, but you had already written some.

Sorry, but I couldn't find it when searching for it in Fanfiction.net during those times I was looking for it, and so I thought it wasn't out yet, sorry.

I did ask for a link once, but you didn't provide it. So that kind of confused me more, since you provided the link to the wiki instead, and I thought you already knew I knew where the wiki was.

Also, we are not psychic, so adding links in your blogs on Community Central and main page to the wiki would have perhaps helped.

Just my opinion.

Loading editor
    • I would appreciate ideas for the fanfiction as well.

Loading editor
    • Here's a start for the the chapter one summary.

When reporter Clark Kent (Superman's alias) attends a footbal game to conduct interviews of the student body, he is approached by a red-haired girl named Jean, who takes his picture for her "personal collection".

All is interupted when a well-known pickpocket named Tolansky (Nicknamed "Toad") arrives and some of the football players take notice. Instead of notifying the police, they decide to sneak off and investigate.

Toad continues stealing wallets, and the footbal players confront him. Toad claims it's all a misunderstanding, that he'll return the wallets. The players cannot reach a consensus on whether to take a violent approach or reason with the thief, and soon a fight breaks out.

Jean, having seen everything up to this point, ran over and attempted to break things up between a particularly aggresive player and her friend Scott, who was involved in the matter. This only results in knocking Scott off-kilter and at a disadventage. 

Suddenly, a mysterious red and blue blur arives and first aids her friend, then delivers the thief at the feet of the police, zipping at such breathtakingly high speeds that nobody can identify him.

Scott mulls over this incident and begins to connect it with rumor going around about the supposedly fabled "Superman", whose existence nobody is really sure about.

I can probably make it much shorter after reading the whole chapter and getting a more broad idea of the overall plot. This probably reads more like a synopsis at this point.

Loading editor
    • Got it, anything else?

Loading editor
    • I skimmed a little, so hopefully I didn't miss anything or make any errors.

Both Mystique and the X-Men are looking for new recruits. Storm and The Professor are already expecting a known mutant to arrive by train, "Nightcrawler" Kurt, and Mystique has someone in mind as well. 

Disguised as the principal at the local highschool, Mystique sends a troubled student named Toad to the institute to sneak in and spy. He'd gotten on her radar as a possible "X gene" carrier after he seemingly used his powers during a football scuffle. She wasn't the only one who had noticed; The Professor and Storm had, and they were eager to test him. So as he approached the institute to carry out his assignment, they took the chance to pit him against Kurt. 

Toad ran away in fear after the fight was followed by a teleportation mishap, but they did successfully recruit Kurt.

Meanwhile Superman introduced himself to the X-Men, who had been unsure of his existence.

Loading editor
    • What about the expanded summary?

Loading editor
    • That's all I have time for now, but I'll keep working on it later. 

Loading editor
    • Okay.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.