FANDOM

• A wiki I was working for and editing has been closed/deleted. I do I get it back? It wasn’t created by me but I am admin and bearucrat there. But I am blocked also. I think i’ve Been hacked... I need help quick!

Also I can!t sign in back to my (main) account

Loading editor
    • If you're having trouble signing in or suspect you may have been hacked, contact Fandom Staff for assistance.

Loading editor
    • Most likely, your wiki is closed because they violate the Community Creation Policy. Feel free to contact Fandom Staff if you want to view your wiki content. Usually, Fandom Staff "warns" you in the respective wiki that your wiki will be closed when you have violated the Community Creation Policy. Continuation of violation results in wiki closure. 

Your account "cannot" be hacked, and is protected by MediaWiki. You are responsible for your own account.

Or possibility, your main account has been disabled, so that's why you can't sign back in. When accounts are disabled, passwords are randomized into gibberish and the contribution tag stated, too. 

Loading editor
    • it doesn't violate the Community Creation Policy. i am sure. the didn't warn me. there was a community that hated the wiki and raided it and tried trolling and vandilizing it. i can't get back in.

it was hacked i think. the founder got blocked and can't get back in too.

It's a bit compicated. anything is possible tho. so if it wasn't hacked, how can I get it back

why would my main account be disabled?!

Loading editor
    • DanielKolbin#4
      it was hacked i think. the founder got blocked and can't get back in too.

When a founder get globally blocked, they can't edit Fandom at all. They can only read, but not edit. So, it cannot be hacked.
      DanielKolbin#4
      It's a bit compicated. anything is possible tho. so if it wasn't hacked, how can I get it back

What are you referring when you said "it"? The wiki or your account? If the former, than contact Fandom Staff and ask why the wiki is closed. If latter, then continue read below. 

DanielKolbin#4
      why would my main account be disabled?!

Accounts cannot be deleted. When they are created, it's irreversible. Disable account prevents the user to log back in to the account. But that's can be one of the reason why you cannot log back in to your original account. Or, you may have forgot your password. Or, someone might have get their hands over your keyboard and change your password when they have taken over your computer (with knowing your password).

You can click "forgot password" and they will send you an email in your inbox (when you have confirmed email address in your preference). If not, then you cannot re-activate your account. You cannot reactivate your account when your account has been disabled.

Loading editor
    • When a founder get globally blocked, they can't edit Fandom at all. They can only read, but not edit. So, it cannot be hacked. 

I don't think he was blocked globally but there's no readon for me to be blocked in the first place.

What are you referring when you said "it"? The wiki or your account? If the former, than contact Fandom Staff and ask why the wiki is closed. If latter, then continue read below. 

About why i think i've been hacked (or at least my friend). Mainly someone got admin/bearucrat status and they used it to close the wiki. (the only probably with my account now is i can't get on it only through other devices. i'll try the forgot password thing). Accounts cannot be deleted. When they are created, it's irreversible. Disable account prevents the user to log back in to the account. But that's can be one of the reason why you cannot log back in to your original account. Or, you may have forgot your password. Or, someone might have get their hands over your keyboard and change your password when they have taken over your computer (with knowing your password). I said "disabled"but i think i forgot my password also. i think someone got into the founders computer/account (google) and went into the wiki and closed it. so is there any way to get it back up? I can still get to the wiki through cached files but that's not the same.​​​​​​. I notified the fandom staff by the way (filled out the form). Here is the wiki: https://ggg502.fandom.com/wiki/GGG502

You can click "forgot password" and they will send you an email in your inbox (when you have confirmed email address in your preference). If not, then you cannot re-activate your account. You cannot reactivate your account when your account has been disabled. okjust i am confused why it would be disabled. we all make mistakes and fandom shouldn't just decide they can disabled anyone's account if they like

Loading editor
    • Haya.

The wiki's link does us no good since it is closed. What was "ggg502" about?

Once a wiki has a community of any size, not even the Founder can ask for it to be closed because that would be unfair to the active users. Staff would just advise the requester to just stop editing at the wiki (and suggest promoting someone before they leave if they are the only admin). So someone simply asking it to be closed is not the case.

Wikis only get closed if they are violating ToU in some fashion. Was "ggg502" about any sort of adult topic? Like a fetish or game? FANDOM is cracking down on those, closing them here and recommending their database be transferred to another wiki-farm provider.

Can't speak about your other account without knowing what it is. Links would be most helpful. Just be advised, if it is blocked then *this* username is ban evading, since blocks are on the individual not the account.

As for your last sentence, Uhm, yes they can. ALL services, internet or IRL always have a boilerplate clause stating they can decline or revoke service at anytime.

Loading editor
    • Haya.

Hi.

The wiki's link does us no good since it is closed. What was "ggg502" about?

Rip. There gotta be some way. It was basically about deticated to a channel (mapper) called "GGG502 " I had to make a new version of it but didn't and can't resore all info.

Once a wiki has a community of any size, not even the Founder can ask for it to be closed because that would be unfair to the active users. Staff would just advise the requester to just stop editing at the wiki (and suggest promoting someone before they leave if they are the only admin). So someone simply asking it to be closed is not the case. 

It had a community (a fanbase). Just a wiki version of the youtube channel i guess. I think someone closed it (illegally).

Wikis only get closed if they are violating ToU in some fashion. Was "ggg502" about any sort of adult topic? Like a fetish or game? FANDOM is cracking down on those, closing them here and recommending their database be transferred to another wiki-farm provider.

I am pretty sure it wasn't. I will explain the topic...it could get toxic. Well does GGG502's channel look "bad" or "violating" anything? The wiki was mainly a collaborating open comminuity deticated to ggg502 and lots of info. But there might have been something thaat triggered the closing (either by fandom or a (hacker) troll person). I want to show you the/a picture but here's the page of the whole thing including the picture. Mainly someone got in it and they changed eveything, into innapropriate things, you could say.

Can't speak about your other account without knowing what it is. Links would be most helpful. Just be advised, if it is blocked then *this* username is ban evading, since blocks are on the individual not the account. 

What do you mean? i have 2 accounts (on youtube too) mostly on eveything so i could always have straight access to something and it happens sometimes. I have access to one account half the day and the other...the other half of the day. 

As for your last sentence, Uhm, yes they can. ALL services, internet or IRL always have a boilerplate clause stating they can decline or revoke service at anytime.

I know, sadly. just like youtube i guess. but us (people) can still join together and stand up for what we think and know is right against that (if it goes too far). And eventually they (we/us) would win.

Loading editor
    • You've got to stop perpetuating the concept of a hacker doing anything at the FANDOM level, like forcing the closure of the wiki. Doesn't happen.

Loading editor
    • Have you contacted staff yet? They are the only ones that would be able to give you definite answers.

As has already been said, we can't even begin to speculate about your main account unless you tell us the username. Even then, it would just be speculation. It is possible the founder may have been globally blocked for his/her actions on other wikis but that would not result in the wiki being removed. There are only two common cases for wiki closure. The first is as the other users have already stated; violating the terms of use. However, in my experience, when this happens, Wikia usually makes sure to delete the wiki database as well (or at least makes it inaccessible). In your case, following the URL of your old wiki brings you to the "closed wiki" page rather than the "non-existant wiki" page. This likely means that your wiki was recently closed for reasons other than ToU violations; probably the second common reason. So what is the second common reason? Low page count and low activity. If your wiki had only a handful of pages and no one has edited for quite some time, then Wikia may considered it abandoned and remove it. Wikia does these kinds of sweeps every so often so that server resources are not held-up by pointless wikis. It also prevents users from creating a bunch of wikis just to claim the domain name.

If you look near the end of the message on the "closed wiki" page, there are two links for downloading the wiki database. The first link gives a file with only the latest version of pages. The second link gives a file with not only the latest versions but the complete revision history of each page. Using the version with page histories allows you to retain the edit logs so you can see who did what and when. If you download this, I believe you should be able to import it to your new wiki using Special:Import on your wiki; effectively instantly restoring all of your lost pages. However, you will need to reupload all of the files (i.e. images, videos, PDFs, etc.).

Loading editor
    • Love Robin wrote:
      You've got to stop perpetuating the concept of a hacker doing anything at the FANDOM level, like forcing the closure of the wiki. Doesn't happen.

I think the google account to log in was hacked and they logged into fandom. Anything is possible.

Well the staff closed the wiki, that's for sure. Someone got in it (gave someone admin/bearucrat status) and he toxicated the wiki. someone reported it and the vandalizer got banned/the wiki got closed. he made more alts and is now attack the new wiki.

Loading editor
    • Then you can contact Fandom Staff to ask for help.

Loading editor
    • Have you contacted staff yet? They are the only ones that would be able to give you definite answers. I have but they will mostly mess everything up like they did last time.

As has already been said, we can't even begin to speculate about your main account unless you tell us the username. I just need the password i think. I think it was "Dkolbin". 

Even then, it would just be speculation. It is possible the founder may have been globally blocked for his/her actions on other wikis but that would not result in the wiki being removed. Someone reported it (they testified) and during that time, it was being vandalized. The staff said it was "inappropriate" for fandom and closed the wiki and the vandalizer. The vandalizer is known for vandalizing wikis and creating alt accounts.

There are only two common cases for wiki closure. The first is as the other users have already stated; violating the terms of use. I guess.

However, in my experience, when this happens, Wikia usually makes sure to delete the wiki database as well (or at least makes it inaccessible).

I can still view the cached version of it and get data from it.

In your case, following the URL of your old wiki brings you to the "closed wiki" page rather than the "non-existant wiki" page. This likely means that your wiki was recently closed for reasons other than ToU violations; probably the second common reason. So what is the second common reason? Low page count and low activity.

It had like 30 pages. they was an admin still active but i slowly stopped being active on it. 

If your wiki had only a handful of pages and no one has edited for quite some time, then Wikia may considered it abandoned and remove it. Wikia does these kinds of sweeps every so often so that server resources are not held-up by pointless wikis. It also prevents users from creating a bunch of wikis just to claim the domain name. That's why i can't make a new wiki with the domain name of th origianl one right? i get that.

If you look near the end of the message on the "closed wiki" page, there are two links for downloading the wiki database.  

I saw. 

The first link gives a file with only the latest version of pages. The second link gives a file with not only the latest versions but the complete revision history of each page. Using the version with page histories allows you to retain the edit logs so you can see who did what and when. If you download this, I believe you should be able to import it to your new wiki using Special:Import on your wiki; effectively instantly restoring all of your lost pages. However, you will need to reupload all of the files (i.e. images, videos, PDFs, etc.). 

I got some of those bunch saved on my chromebook. Someone else tried that and i think it worked but it didn't work for me.

Loading editor
    • Even if someone's account got compromised, they cannot get a wiki *closed* no matter what they do. Staff is far too experienced and with access to tools and reports the rest of us do not have to be "fooled" into closing a wiki with an active community (which can be just one other user), no matter the amount of vandalism done to it. For Staff it is simply a matter of a couple of key-clicks to revert *everything* a user does, plus they can see their histories (including deleted actions).

If Staff deemed a closure necessary, it had nothing to do with any vandalism.

Loading editor
    • I cannot comment on the main topic of this thread, but there is a third way a wiki can be closed; the founder can request closure. This has happened to me twice; the Fastmail Wiki got closed under me, and the InkTank Wiki which I founded became redundant because the web cartoon it was documenting disappeared.

Loading editor
    • Even if someone's account got compromised, they cannot get a wiki *closed* no matter what they do. 

I mean someone vandalized it and then someone reported it.

Staff is far too experienced and with access to tools and reports the rest of us do not have to be "fooled" into closing a wiki with an active community (which can be just one other user), no matter the amount of vandalism done to it.

What do you mean "fooled"? I thought you said if the wiki has a comunity then no one can close it or ask it to be closed.

For Staff it is simply a matter of a couple of key-clicks to revert *everything* a user does, plus they can see their histories (including deleted actions).

I know, but so can I.

If Staff deemed a closure necessary, it had nothing to do with any vandalism.

How would you know? I just want to know 2 things about the wiki (I know WHO closed it):

​​​​​​​Why was it closed (a good reason)? and can i get it back?

Loading editor
    • you cannot get back a wiki that has been closed. it may have been closed because the wiki violated ToU or it has been inactive

Loading editor
    • But you can contact staff and ask why it was done.

Loading editor
    • you cannot get back a wiki that has been closed.

One staff member said they could but they weren't intersted.

it may have been closed because the wiki violated ToU or it has been inactive

For the millionth time: It definitly wasn't inactive, Maybe i was tho. It was vandalized and maybe they noticed it like that cuz someone reported it.

************************************************************************************************

But you can contact staff and ask why it was done.

I contacted but got no reply, now i don't need one. A/the staff said this:

Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 3.22.40 PM
        Loading editor
    • Well yes - they can technically do it for a short time... but not long after, (time depending) it will be totally wiped out and unrestorable.

If they said that, then yes,it's likely done for.

Loading editor
    • ok.

Loading editor
    • I haven't done an in-depth search but here is what I have found and the impression I have gotten from a quick search of the database dump.

1. The latest revision timestamp is 2019-11-07T18:28:10Z so the database dump is a snapshot of the wiki at that point in time. As such, the following comments are based on what is was at that point in time.
      2. The wiki was started on June 19, 2019.
      3. There were only 14 pages in the main namespace of which 12 where redirects. Of the 2 actual pages, one was a table of some sort and the other was simply a link to a YouTube channel.
      4. It appears that Kirkburn was involved in undoing some amount of vandalism on the wiki. Whether or not it was vandalism, some of the reversions were undoing page moves in the User namespace.
      5. There did seem to be a number of message wall comments with, at a quick glance, questionable content.
        Loading editor
    • i know. did you see the picture of kurkburn's message i posted 3 hours ago? wait are you a staff? cuz how did you figure "out" or whatever

What the wiki was about was controversal with since the beginning of it that has been vandalizers after vandalizers with multiple alts trying to and have vandalized it. I have made a new Wiki about it, like a copy and they have to try to vandalize that to

Loading editor
    • never mind, i found out.

Loading editor
    • I am sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say in #24 and the second half of #23.

With regards to the first half of #23, no, I am not staff. All I did was download and open the database dump from the closed wiki.

Loading editor
    • ok. Never mind, i found out my problem i wanted to ask...

Anyway, thanks. Cuz that didn't work for me..

Loading editor
    • Hi all,

Iam newbie to this forum.Hope you all feel good

Loading editor
    • he @emmaemilyzoe.

Loading editor
    • A page l started stopped allowing me to add replies then l opened another one as well as posting why l did it and you blocked me very disappointed could you please help 

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.