FANDOM


  • Love Robin
    Love Robin closed this thread because:
    transphobic fearmongering
    17:31, November 12, 2019

    I was talking on that post to someone who AGREED with me, I don't know if you are gay or straight but if someone told you that a person's genital don't matter and you should date them anyway no matter if you are cis or trans yourself and that you are a genital fetisher or a transphobe how would you feel? I met trans people who aren't like that but there are those who are and they are ignored and allowed to do this only because they are trans and protected by ignorant people!

      Loading editor
    • . . . how the heck can you be "cis trans"?

      Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron? 

        Loading editor
    • I’m really confused

        Loading editor
    • That was a typo, I wanted to say that even if they are cis or trans themselves, there are trans individuals who aren't into trans people, does that make them transphobic?

        Loading editor
    • Not helping

        Loading editor
    • Tumblr otosa7ZVfP1ww1ibpo1 400
      here is an image to clear things up, I am not transphobic, I am against assholes like the one on the right
        Loading editor
    • Ilovehan wrote:

      Tumblr otosa7ZVfP1ww1ibpo1 400
      here is an image to clear things up, I am not transphobic, I am against assholes like the one on the right

      Not helping still

        Loading editor
    • From experience, these debates always end badly . . . 

      There's a rule of life that goes: "never discuss religion or politics". The lives of transgender people shouldn't be politicised, but this debate does come across as a subet of the whole political spin given to them, and it can't end well . . . it's best to let it drop, Ilovehan, and just try to avoid discussing thigs such as this on a public platform. It's a surefire way to attract everything from TERFs to SJWs and everything in between, and someone's going to get hurt or offended. 

        Loading editor
    • Cyberbullies like fearlessdiva or love robin are trying to silence people who speak about things like these that actually happen, even on Choices wikia someone said "you can refuse to date a trans person for any reason but if you refuse them becuase they are trans you are transphobic" This is such a shitty view, anyone has every right to refuse you for any reason, what's next? Those who aren't into women (cis or trans) will be called sexists and women haters?

        Loading editor
    • Ilovehan wrote: Cyberbullies like fearlessdiva or love robin are trying to silence people who speak about things like these that actually happen, even on Choices wikia someone said "you can refuse to date a trans person for any reason but if you refuse them becuase they are trans you are transphobic" This is such a shitty view, anyone has every right to refuse you for any reason, what's next? Those who aren't into women (cis or trans) will be called sexists and women haters?

      Love robin is Not transphobic

        Loading editor
    • Nor is he sexist

        Loading editor
    • It is a Terms of Use hot topic which—easily misinterpreted—should be left alone.

      In addition, Thread titles about it are what is known as Attractive Nuisances, "shiny objects" which catches the attentions of those only looking for arguments to glomp onto.

      In other words: Troll bait.

        Loading editor
    • Both sides are seen as hateful by the other one, but I advocate women's rights, and I support my lesbians friends, people like Peyton the jerk who wrote homophobic things acting like a victim only because cis people didn't want to date him cuz he is trans are the worst, and people like Fearlessdiva and Love Robin are enabling them! Attacking someone simply because they are not into trans individuals while they did nothing wrong or hateful is simply wrong and it denies their sexuality as if you can just ignore someone's genitals when it comes to dating! But surprise: dating includes sex at some point unless you are both asexual!

        Loading editor
    • I said she is homophobic, not transphobic, because she supports things like these

        Loading editor
    • He is not homophobic

        Loading editor
    • And I would actually really like to report both Love Robin and Fearlessdiva because I am sure homohobia does break the rules of the wikia and their rights should be removed especially since they are trying to silence me by calling me names and not giving any proper answer for their actions

        Loading editor
    • Ilovehan wrote:
      Cyberbullies like fearlessdiva or love robin are trying to silence people who speak about things like these that actually happen, even on Choices wikia someone said "you can refuse to date a trans person for any reason but if you refuse them becuase they are trans you are transphobic" This is such a shitty view, anyone has every right to refuse you for any reason, what's next? Those who aren't into women (cis or trans) will be called sexists and women haters?

      I mean, I'm not going to get involved in this specific debate . . . 

      I'm just going to say that everyone is entitled to their viewpoints, and I've never personally seen any cyber-bullying from LoveRobin. If you think someone is breaking ToU, you can always report them to Fandom, and this would include transphobia, as a protected characteristic, which makes it a form of hate speech. This is serious and would need to be looked into. 

      If it's just a case of someone saying "I think it's transphobic not to date a transgender person", which is a fair statement and nothing at all to do with genitalia, as asserted in the opening post, then I think it's simply a case of you going "I disagree" and politely both agreeing to disagree. 

      Sadly, the Internet is filled with people we dislike or who disagree with us, and I've seen and experienced horrific things, too . . . heck, my own sexuality was used against me off-site due a disagreement on-site, and it sucked, sure. But sometimes it's just best to ignore these things, write them off to ignorance and/or difference of opinion, and move on . . . 

      Not everyone will always agree with you.

      And unless they're rude or break ToU, you can't expect them to. 

        Loading editor
    • Agreeing with trans people that call lesbians who are only into cis women as hateful and transphobic is considered homophobic in my book

        Loading editor
    • Ilovehan wrote:
      they are trying to silence me by calling me names 

      Please cite and link examples. 

      Accusations on their own are meaningless to everyone. 

        Loading editor
    • Ilovehan wrote: Agreeing with trans people that call lesbians who are only into cis women as hateful and transphobic is considered homophobic in my book

      HE IS NOT HOMOPHOBIC OR TRANSPHOBIC

        Loading editor
    • But she is calling me a "transphobic fearmonger" and deletes my posts, my accusations aren't baseless!

        Loading editor
    • And i can't link them if she already deleted them!

        Loading editor
    • Ilovehan wrote: But she is calling me a "transphobic fearmonger" and deletes my posts, my accusations aren't baseless!

      He did not say that

        Loading editor
    • Yes, but saying how "hateful lesbians are for not being into trans women" is a shitty and homophobic point of view no matter how you take it! I was never into obese men, but I never shamed their body, i was simy not into them, does that mean they should call me a hater and body shamer?!?

        Loading editor
    • Ilovehan wrote:
      But she is calling me a "transphobic fearmonger" and deletes my posts, my accusations aren't baseless!

      It would depend on context, to be honest . . . 

      "I don't date transgender people, period" would be considered transphobic. In the same way "I don't date black people, period" is considered racist. However, "I don't want to date people with x genitalia" is generally considered acceptable and a part of human sexuality . . . if you have a complaint, and want people to take you seriously, you need to provide context

      This means posting either a calm and constructive forum post, with links to where all this happened, so people can offer advice, or - if ToU has been broken - contacting Fandom directly to make an official complaint. 

        Loading editor
    • Yes, she did

        Loading editor
    • Screenshot 20191112-181128
      here is proof
        Loading editor
    • Ilovehan wrote: Yes, she did

      LIAR

        Loading editor
    • Ilovehan wrote:

      Screenshot 20191112-181128
      here is proof

      Oh

        Loading editor
    • Ilovehan wrote: Yes, but saying how "hateful lesbians are for not being into trans women" is a shitty and homophobic point of view no matter how you take it! I was never into obese men, but I never shamed their body, i was simy not into them, does that mean they should call me a hater and body shamer?!?

      Dose not prove this

        Loading editor
    • My last post is a proper answer for my actions.

      In addition to the topic—on this wiki—serving little more than clickbait for trolls, it is currently serving as an excuse for YOU to go around with an air of aggravation making accusations of others without knowing their personal situations and or stances on the topic.

      In short: Harassment

        Loading editor
    • Love Robin wrote: My last post is a proper answer for my actions.

      In addition to the topic—on this wiki—serving little more than clickbait for trolls, it is currently serving as an excuse for YOU to go around with an air of aggravation making accusations of others without knowing their personal situations and or stances on the topic.

      In short: Harassment

      Yesss

        Loading editor
    • Ilovehan wrote:
      here is proof

      This is only proof of her comment. 

      It gives no proof of context

      No one can say whether she is right/wrong, unless they see what you said and the whole conversation at hand . . . this is because if she is correct in that transphobia happened, she did nothing wrong, and if she is wrong that transphobia happened, it would be a cause for concern.

      Now, staff have powers - and a responsibility - to look into this themselves, chasing links and finding pages, but you're on CommunityCentral and I'm not a staff member under any such obligations, neither is ShinySuicine, so it's your responsibilty to provide links

      At the moment, it's causing more suspicions you're hiding those links.

        Loading editor
    • People can refuse to date you for any reason, I know some bi girls who would only date guys because they want to have children one day and because they don't have IVF access in my country, does this make them homophobic? People may have various reason and they don't have to give you an explanation, accusing them immediately of hating you only because they wouldn't date you is a toxic victim mentality

        Loading editor
    • KevinVolkov wrote:

      Ilovehan wrote:
      here is proof

      This is only proof of her comment. 

      It gives no proof of context

      No one can say whether she is right/wrong, unless they see what you said and the whole conversation at hand . . . this is because if she is correct in that transphobia happened, she did nothing wrong, and if she is wrong that transphobia happened, it would be a cause for concern.

      Now, staff have powers - and a responsibility - to look into this themselves, chasing links and finding pages, but you're on CommunityCentral and I'm not a staff member under any such obligations, neither is ShinySuicine, so it's your responsibilty to provide links

      At the moment, it's causing more suspicions you're hiding those links.

      Yes

        Loading editor
    • "Transphobic fearmongerING" does not necessarily mean you are either "transphobic" OR a "FearmongER". Only that the topic is… "sensitive".

      There is a separation of speaker and what their words can trigger. And Community Central is not the place for such potential Terms of Use landmines.

      Especially in cases of necroposting. That discussion on Fearless Diva's wall had been over Oct 23rd. There was no need to revive it 20 days later other than to revive a conflict. It was a sleeping dog which should have been left to lay.

        Loading editor
    • I am hiding them?I can't even find them because my post are deleted and I can't find them, they are using my lack of skills at this whole wikia thing against me, and the fact that the author of the story I talked about is still pushing his agenda through media and books is annoying me and people should acknowledge the things he does!

        Loading editor
    • Ilovehan wrote:
      I am hiding them?I can't even find them because my post are deleted and I can't find them, they are using my lack of skills at this whole wikia thing against me, and the fact that the author of the story I talked about is still pushing his agenda through media and books is annoying me and people should acknowledge the things he does!

      They're usually still visible in "history". 

      If you need help finding old messages in future, you only need ask. 

      Robin seems to have explained the situation well, though: you seemingly posted a message that was either controversial or about a controversial topic, which often invites a lot of heated discussion and sometimes borderlines on breaking ToU, and so they seemed to want to nip it in the bud, before it turned into a potential argument. They meant to say that the fearmongering could evoke transphobia in the thread as a whole, as opposed to you being transphobic. 

      If you'd asked them nicely, they could have explained this in full at the start.

      Instead, how you made this thread, it turned into a "thing" . . .

      It could be best to leave it be now, right? Now you've had an answer? 

        Loading editor
    • You can provide links to the *thread*, Staff will be able to see anything removed.

        Loading editor
    • There are a lot of things that i don't agree with that make people call me transphobic, but it's only the radicalist who are obssessed with their trans right and identity, i was against the law that allow trans women into women's bathrooms but not because I am against trans women, it was because I know that some creep would actually be capable of puttin on a dress and calling themselves trans just to enter a women's bathroom!

        Loading editor
    • What about my posts on the discussion section? I was talking about how homophobic those comments are and most people agred with what I said and then Fearlessdiva came and blocked me saying I am transphobic!

        Loading editor
    • Ilovehan wrote:
      There are a lot of things that i don't agree with that make people call me transphobic, but it's only the radicalist who are obssessed with their trans right and identity, i was against the law that allow trans women into women's bathrooms but not because I am against trans women, it was because I know that some creep would actually be capable of puttin on a dress and calling themselves trans just to enter a women's bathroom!

      Like they couldn't do that anyway? And like transgender women can't use the bathroom without you knowing anyway? Due to - you know - passing fully?

      It looks like you've moved past "I feel I was called transphobic by a staff member" and into "I want to debate transgender rights with strangers" . . . this is where I bow out, I'm afraid. 

        Loading editor
    • And they shoudln't be allowed, that's what I am trying to say, if that law passed rhey could just play the victim when they are caught! My point is that I've been called transphobic for stupid debates, I don't hate trans people but that doesnt mean i will agree with everything they say just to please them and spare their feelings!

        Loading editor
    • A couple years ago, over on The Avatar Wiki, in a thread(s) discussing Korra and Asami's sexualities, I kept saying that calling them "bi" *because* "they dated Mako" was disengenius. At best the statement should be "Korra and Asami are bi *despite* both having dated Mako". Many lesbians can go through a series of hetero dates—even marriage and having children—and still not recognize their true sexualities until later in their lives.

      I got accused of "bisexual erasure" for refusing to recognize what the creators had wrought. I even pointed out that of their two (1 each) after-show blogs, "bi/bisexuals" was only mentioned ONCE and as a parenthetical aside, but not that Korra and Asami were themselves bi. That the only way we can truly tell is if a future (canon or official) story has them willingly dating a guy. Or if they *state* they are bi.

      Despite my experience as a sex therapist, my views were rebuffed. Eventually I had to leave the conversation alone.

      I recommend the same to you here: leave the conversation alone.

        Loading editor
    • What you said was an understandable statement, but its's not like tge story the creator made affected anyone unlike in this case which pushes a trans agenda saying how "hateful lesbians who are not into trans women are" in that case the author wasn't directly attacking anyone but here they are and I won't stand for it! I have lesbian friends, i met trans men, i wouldn't date one because I wouldn't have ses with someone who has female genitalia and I always wanted to have kids, I always supported lgbt but now I am a hateful transphobe because i am not into trans men! But they aren't attacling me, no, thos who do this are cowards who only attack lesbians because they are minority, if they attacked straight women they would be overcome and that's why they don't do it, they are really some cowardly bastards and I won't stop speaking againdt them, they are not trans people because in my book those who do the things I mentioned aren't even people but simply put just some pieces of shit!

        Loading editor
    • can you please stop your rant

        Loading editor
    • Well, as a therapist who's dealt with individuals trying to come out to friends and family, I was hoping to adjust people's understanding of the situation. Because wrong attitudes with fiction often leads to wrong and *hurtful* attitudes IRL. To have the same "you *must* be bi because…" is wrong and potentially damaging.

      However, here, your reason as to why you oppose trans-f in women's bathrooms borders on a transphobic attitude. Possibly unconsciously seated.

      It is akin to someone saying "I can't be racist, I have [ethnic group] friends!" That really sorta does indicate someone is racist. Even unconsciously so.

      Creeps dressing up as women without a *history of* crossdressing with the goal to accost girls and women in women's bathrooms will happen regardless of laws. They *have* and will do so regardless of the presence/legality of legit transgenders. It's not an issue of trans acceptance and bathroom laws, the TRUE issue is one of Creeps Creeping. Which is *already* against the law.

        Loading editor
    • Ilovehan wrote:
       they are not trans people because in my book those who do the things I mentioned aren't even people but simply put just some pieces of shit!

      And - with that - you finally broke into outright hate speech . . . 

      Congrats on finally shooting your own foot. 

        Loading editor
    • I'll be closing this thread shortly. I really recommend there be no more responses.

        Loading editor
    • Can you please stop pretending this isn't a problem? Love Robin, you are a mother, I have seen parents who were called transphobic and threatened that their childeen will be taken for stupid reason saying that the kids are trans and the parents aren't acknowledging it and that is a crime, a father was threatened by his son's teacher because she said that he isn't respcting his gender identity because "he drew himself wearing a dress" which was actually a jersey he wears at home, even having the same number, hw told her that but she said that if she doesn't go to therapy with him to resolve their gender identity issues she will call child services! If this toxic trans agenda continues this will be the future for everyone, how would you feel as a mother to be told that your daughter is actually a boy because she likes football or that your son is trans because he is too sensitive? I was a tomboy when I were little but that doesn't mean I was trans. These trans radicalist are first attacking lgb people for not being into them and now attacking parents whose child experiences gender dysphoria saying that transitioning is the only cure even if that was proven as false time and again, you can see where I am coming from and why I can't just stand idly by.

        Loading editor
    •  
      Ilovehan wrote:
       they are not trans people because in my book those who do the things I mentioned aren't even people but simply put just some pieces of shit!
      why just why
        Loading editor
    • Regardless, Community Central is not the place for these discussions.

      I suggest you drop these discussions. Please consider this a warning and that blocks may follow.

        Loading editor
    • Love Robin wrote:
      "Transphobic fearmongerING" does not necessarily mean you are either "transphobic" OR a "FearmongER". Only that the topic is… "sensitive".

      There is a separation of speaker and what their words can trigger. And Community Central is not the place for such potential Terms of Use landmines.

      Especially in cases of necroposting. That discussion on Fearless Diva's wall had been over Oct 23rd. There was no need to revive it 20 days later other than to revive a conflict. It was a sleeping dog which should have been left to lay.

      necroposting is somthing you can get blocked for can you please block him for necroposting and hate speech

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.