FANDOM

• On the activity feed for a wiki I admin, two activities have been marked with a red exclamation point and say: "This edit has not yet been patrolled". The two edits are perfectly fine; nice messages from a registered user, nothing spammy or unusual or out-of-the-norm. What does this alert mean? I tried to google, but I couldn't find anything that would explain this and I've not come across it before. 

Loading editor
    • Yep, that confused me too when I first became an admin.

Essentually, it's a tool so admins on large wikis with multiple and lots of daily edits can see which edits have already been checked by another admin.

Loading editor
    • Ah, weird, I've been an admin since March and not seen it before. 

Plus, we're a small wiki; it's usually only me who edits daily, and one other user that updated fortnightly, so I can't see why it would be necessary on our wiki. 

Do you know how I can "check" the edits to get rid of the red exclamation point? I went onto the messages, the message history, etc., but can see no means to effectively say "this has been checked, it's all good". 

Loading editor
    • IIRC, it's automatic after viewing the diff. I was under the impression you could turn it off in your Preferences, as I don't see it on any of my wikis, but I can't find anything in the Prefs.

Loading editor
    • As far as I know, you would have to request Help:Patrol to be enabled on your wiki. There is also the option to mark it as patrolled at the bottom of diff pages (or the oldest revision of a page), but it's a bit inconsistent if it's not enabled.

Loading editor
    • Thank you both. 

I'll contact Fandom support, then; neither of us bureaucrats requested the feature, and I can find no means to mark it as patrolled (there's no "difference" to click and "history" weirdly takes us to the 'talk pages', which don't exist now we have walls enabled and where the messages were posted anyway). I'm starting to think it might be a weird glitch. 

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.