FANDOM

• I'm not exactly new, but I'd like to change the font across my entire wiki. I've heard to enter it by css, but when I try, this is all that comes up for me: 

Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 2.54.12 PM

What do I type in? Is there something special? 

Loading editor
    • Which font do you want to use?

Loading editor
    • body, .category-gallery-item .snippet .text, a.wikia-button, .wikia-single-button a, .wikia-menu-button, input, .button, button, select, ul.tabbernav {font-family: 'insert font here' !important;
      }

I hope this helps!

Loading editor
    • Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 3.27.02 PM
        Loading editor
      1. Font customization should be limited to article content and the right rail.
      2. You should avoid using "!important" when possible. The only common good use for it is when overriding inline CSS.
      3. In general, I suggest using the default FANDOM font fallback as fallback for custom fonts.
      #WikiaMainContentContainer *,
      #WikiaRailWrapper * {
          font-family: <your font>, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
      }
        Loading editor
    • You're suppose to put a font of your choice instead of 'insert font here' text.

Here are the default fonts:

• Trebuchet MS
      • Comic Sans MS
      • Rubik
      • Times New Roman

etc.

Loading editor
    • The list can be different for each viewer. That is why you need a fallback.

Loading editor
    • Jamie248 wrote:
      body, .category-gallery-item .snippet .text, a.wikia-button, .wikia-single-button a, .wikia-menu-button, input, .button, button, select, ul.tabbernav {font-family: 'insert font here' !important;
      }

I hope this helps!

I copied and pasted that but then I tried to enter the text by deleting the 'insert text here' but it deleted other stuff so I didn't.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.