FANDOM

• Love Robin
    Love Robin closed this thread because:
    Getting off topic
    21:24, November 13, 2019

So, i never spammed. suddenly, i go to make a comment, and see that TheEmbracedOne Had blocked me on the hollow knight wiki for a YEAR, for supposedly Spamming.

I never spammed,so i have no clue what went down.

there arent any screenshots, or specifics. so yeah. i need some help.

Loading editor
    • You'd do best to talk to him directly on community central. 

Link to his Page

This will allow you ask what was meant by spam, if he has not already explained. You can also then plead your case, if you think he has made a mistake, and you can decide what to do from there.

Bear in mind, an admin can block for any reason. If he isn't breaking "Terms of Use", he doesn't have to unblock you, and that's within site rules . . . so - if things don't go your way - it could be best just to wait out the ban and see how things go next year. 

Loading editor
    • Screenshot 2019-11-06 at 5.00.15 PM
      I assume that is why you are blocked for "spam".
        Loading editor
    • Also, if you are not sure why you are blocked for that particular reason, try check your previous contributions to this fan-wiki.

Loading editor
    • Beat me to it. I would call that vandalism rather than spam but whatever.

Loading editor
    • Unidentified Entity Number 10
      Unidentified Entity Number 10 removed this reply because:
      Irrelevant
      17:06, November 6, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • That would be considered more of vandalism, rather than spam.

Loading editor
    • MechQueste wrote: That would be considered more of vandalism, rather than spam.

Well, we at least sort of guessed why he is blocked

Loading editor
    • All of this analysis is likely to have no impact on the block.

Loading editor
    • right, so from what i read it said warning, then MONTH ban, but the TheembracedOne changed Sumwan's 2 week ban to an entire year and stated the block as spam...

so yeah. dunno why it was changed from 2 weeks to a year, without any warning like the rules stated

Edit: embracedOne Had it set to two weeks, before he changed it to a year, and also.. didnt the conduct thing state you were gonna be warned before any punishment was given?

Loading editor
    • Well, regardless, your best shot remains contacting TheEmbracedOne via their message wall here on Community Central. Also, just a point of clarification, TheEmbracedOne is not an admin but a wiki manager; in case anyone cares to know.

Loading editor
    • c
      Screenshot 2019-11-06-17-01-01 kindlephoto-548407779

The Edit

Screenshot 2019-11-06-17-02-58 kindlephoto-548520907

Observe.

​​​​
        Loading editor
    • Info you add here will not help your cause.

Loading editor
    • Yeah, you'll have to discuss this with TheEmbracedOne yourself about that

Loading editor
    • Hi,

To clarify a few things:

• Edits such as this  might not always get you a warning, but a direct ban because of point 1 above, and because it is a demonstration that you do not possess common sense when it comes to editing Wikis (why did you think it was OK to make such an edit?). 
      • Note that as per rules of conduct,
      Registered users may receive a month ban
      for first offences, depending upon the severity
      of the vandalism and mod discretion."
      Note the may and the mod discretion.
      • You've also made two comments that broke the rules of conduct that have been deleted:
      getting your face clapped in by a anthro-Blimp
      is not a fun experience, mind you
      and
      I fought him with the old nail, and only the
      soul catcher and the quick dash. due to low
      preporation, he gained the name SALT MASTER.

We have been dealing with vandals and spammers lately and have adopted a stricter approach towards those who demonstrate unwillingness to familiarise themselves with the rules of the Wiki and demonstrate no sign of valuable contributions.  You are still free to use the Wiki as a reader while banned, but you will not be able to make edits. Hope I answered all your questions and thank you for your understanding.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      Well, regardless, your best shot remains contacting TheEmbracedOne via their message wall here on Community Central. Also, just a point of clarification, TheEmbracedOne is not an admin but a wiki manager; in case anyone cares to know.

Yes and no, actually. The Hollow Knight Wiki is under my adminship and has been for over two years, from before I took on becoming a WM. I do not act on the HK Wiki in my WM capacity, solely in my admin capacity.

Loading editor
    • TheEmbracedOne
      TheEmbracedOne removed this reply because:
      double post
      10:01, November 7, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Thanks for clearing it up, and sorry agian, i really do lack common sense.

Loading editor
    • Also, just clarifying that i cannot edit my profile, or is it just articles?

Loading editor
    • The only thing you can edit on that wiki is your own message wall.

Loading editor
    • Alright, Thanks. I now understand the year, so yeah. just kinda gotta wait out my punishment.

Honestly, got nobody to blame except myself.

Loading editor
    • Wait a month and then ask TheEmbracedOne if there are any ways to reduce your block time. Doing things like consistently adding good contributions to another wiki to demonstrate you've learned your lesson can sometimes go a long way to proving you've reformed.

However, ultimately it is up to the admins at each wiki. FANDOM gives them this privilege, and there really isn't anything outsiders can really do to change that.

Loading editor
    • Alright then. Basically cyber-community service.

Loading editor
    • Can somebody note for me that the Volalite Mosskin, Furious Vengefly, Volatile Gruzzers, And Oomas Are the only mobs (i belive) That have exploding corpses that deal damage. (I say that because some corpses like Slobbering husks only visually explode)

Loading editor
    • You mean make an edit for you on that wiki?

I'd have to look closer into ToU, but I know a lot of wikis frown on that and see it as a form of ban evasion. I've seen people being blocked for making edits for other banned people. 

Loading editor
    • Oh, Dont want to do THAT!

I guess ill keep making good edits on the dont starve wiki and wait out my block then.

Loading editor
    • KevinVolkov wrote:

You mean make an edit for you on that wiki?

I'd have to look closer into ToU, but I know a lot of wikis frown on that and see it as a form of ban evasion. I've seen people being blocked for making edits for other banned people. 

You have to be a major a-hole admin to consider suggesting legit edits as ban evasion. Either way, I doubt it is a ToU violaton. That would almost make being friends with a blocked user a ToU violation.

Loading editor
    • Also, Somebody should note that you have to kill 3 mantis traitors to begin the traitor lord fight.

Another note, The Stalwart Shell And Quick Slash strat for just tanking works great for hiveknight and second hornet fight

Loading editor
    • Please stop putting requested edits in this thread. Find who is willing to do it and put it on their wall.

Loading editor
    • Also, they have nothing to do with the thread.

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.