FANDOM

• So this is my Wikia.css so far. The infobox CSS was made a while ago and I simply copy-pasted it, so I'm not sure how to go about changing it. I have tried adding themes, but everything I try results in either no changes at all, or the infoboxes trying to use a theme I've defined even when they're not supposed to. I've tried looking at other wikis' Wikia.css but they don't even have their themes defined directly on there.

Loading editor
    • When you say you tried adding themes, what was it you were doing? Do you have particular pages you tried this on that we can look at?

Some wikis put their infobox themes in a separate CSS file and import it using the main CSS. That could be why you can't find it in their Wikia.css or Common.css.

Loading editor
    • Basically, I turned this template into an XML infobox. The problem was that the template used to have different colours depending on the context, so I've been trying to at least be able to put different colours on individual infoboxes again using themes. As you can see on the Wikia.css, I started with making a theme that would just specify the background colour of the body portions of an infobox. However, when I try to instance the template with the theme source parameter set to the theme, it does nothing. I tried moving the existing background parameter in the CSS to a separate .pi-theme-wikia theme, but that caused every template to use the test theme's background colour.

If it matters, Europa is turned on.

Loading editor
    • Which page is the one you were trying to set the theme on?

Loading editor
    • I've been trying instancing the template on a blank page and previewing it.

Loading editor
    • Right now, you have:

.portable-infobox.pi-theme-pwaat .pi-background {
          background-color: #395a8c;
      }

I think you need to remove the space so it is like this:

.portable-infobox.pi-theme-pwaat.pi-background {
          background-color: #395a8c;
      }
        Loading editor
    • I put a space there because that's how the examples in Help:Infoboxes/CSS did it. Without the space, it seems to work. Is it because there's already a default theme?

Loading editor
    • Most of the examples have a space but if you look at the example specific to changing the infobox background, you will see that there isn't one. The reason for this is explained in this section of the help page.

Edit:

If you want to learn more about the different types of CSS selectors, I suggest you start by reading this.

Loading editor
    • Okay, thanks!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.