FANDOM

• I can't seem to add a link inside of a character infobox. for an example, it asks me for the character's species, and lets say i put human. i want to but a link onto that, so people who view it can tap on it and go to a different page. 

Loading editor
    • Please provide links to to infobox template and the page you are trying to edit.

Loading editor
    • All you need to do is put the following in the part of the info box you want to show the link.

For pages on the wiki, put:

• To show link only - [[page name]]
      • To show link with text - [[page name|text]]

For external links, put:

• To show link only - [url]
      • To show link with text - [url text]
        Loading editor
    • how do you add links to the left side, in regular editor you cant edit the left side and in source, adding [[]] makes it disappear

Loading editor
    • Are you trying to add the link when calling the template or when editing the template? If the former, it cannot be done. If the latter, just use the standard MediaWiki link syntax when specifying the label.

Loading editor
    • In the regular editor, if you simply want to put links in the different sections, you click on the infobox and go to the section you want to add the link to, and then it's just like above. However, I don't know how to do that for the section names themselves.

Loading editor
    • If you have a portable inbox, you need to use <format>. So after the data label, <format>[[{{{Parameter}}}]]</format>.

Loading editor
    • Based on the wording in Temp count lol lol's post, I am guessing they want the label to be the link, not the value.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.