FANDOM

• So I finally got that hovering message thing to work on a template, but an admin on the wiki it's being implemented on says it doesn't show up on mobile. It makes the field look empty. I have no idea how to edit for mobile. Is there a way to get at least text to display on mobile when the template is used?

This is the template.

Loading editor
    • Ah, this template again? I haven't done extensive testing but I am going to say no. My quick test shows that the title attribute is still in the mobile version. This means that the lack of hover text is likely not due to how Wikia renders the content for mobile but instead due to how the mobile device/browser displays it. From what I can gather, using the title attribute as tooltip content on hover is a common but not mandatory behavior for web browsers. Since most mobile devices these days are touchscreen-based and you can't hover with a touchscreen, I am willing to bet the mobile browsers just don't have that feature at all.

That is all just a guess though.

Loading editor
    • This template is technically done and doesn't need editing. Everything you said about mobile makes perfect sense. I did discuss it with the admin that if it's not possible,<br><small>color/color/color</small> will have to be added after the template to have it show up on the mobile version.

I, personally, don't use mobile but the admin often checks using mobile.

Thank you for your input!

Loading editor
    • if you can't hover over an element, then you can't see the title. you still can use some css to achieve something alike.

abbr:hover:after, abbr:active:after {
          content: attr(title);
          overflow: hidden;
          position: absolute;
          display: inline-flex;
          max-height: 20px;
          max-width: 20px;
      }
      if you want to apply this to touchscreens only, you can use css4 media-query: @media (hover: none) {...}.
        Loading editor
    • Just to make sure we are on the same page, that only works when viewing desktop mode on mobile, yes? If you are viewing mobile version I don't think site CSS is applied.

Loading editor
    • Mobile skin doesn't load any custom CSS, as far as I know.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021#5
      Just to make sure we are on the same page, that only works when viewing desktop mode on mobile, yes?

sure. you can't use mercury in the template: namespace.
        Loading editor
    • I am not sure I see what that restriction has to do with viewing the template on a page but okay.

Loading editor
    • tried using a resposive bootstrap?

Loading editor
    • You can't use bootstrap on FANDOM.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.