FANDOM

• Hello,

I've been working with this template to create an infobox with an embedded table. It's close to my liking, but I have 2 major nitpicks left with it. I've set it to a fixed layout so that it doesn't warp around, but the second to last cell, 'Dexterity' insists on over-scrolling, and I can't seem to get any width to override it. How do I modify the width of a specific cell, or if not, the width of the column it's in?

Also, when including the template in an article, the parameter fields don't show up, forcing the user to add them in manually in Source Editor. How do I make them show up like other parameters?

Loading editor
    • "Dexterity" looks fine to me. Are you using a small screen?

I am not entirely sure about the parameters, but perhaps you could try:

<data source="WEP"><format></format></data>

Maybe at the end of the infobox? Either way, it will take some time for VisualEditor to recognize the new fields.

Loading editor
    • 'Dexterity' insists on over-scrolling

Your table columns classes:

• column 1 : class = "StatTableLabel"
      • column 2 : class = "StatTableDataCell"
      • column 3 : class = "StatTableLabel"
      • column 4 : class = "StatTableDataCell"

In your MediaWiki:Wikia.css

.StatTableLabel{
          padding-right: 0 !important;
          width: 25%;
      }

25% is too narrow for 'Dexterity' and wraps onto the next row

the parameter fields don't show up

Using VisualEditor..

• "ItemIcon" and "Type" appears. They are in <infobox> using Portable Infobox coding
      • The missing parameter fields are using class = "article-table" using CSS coding

So I suspect that using the 2 systems breaks the infobox - and in your original thread, you have to pick 1 or the other

1. <format> inside <infobox>
      2. class = "article-table" inside css infobox
        Loading editor
    • Ah, I think I see now.

<infobox> and CSS infoboxes

don't always play well together, huh.

Andrewds1021's workaround using

<data> > <format> > no value

worked great though, thanks!

I did try making the StatTableLabel wider, but it seems to have no effect. I suppose it could be on my end, since my resolution ratio is 3:2, but even trying it on the Desktop XL/Tablet user agents has it rollover.

It does work on mobile though ...and I just noticed that the table header isn't centered on mobile now uggh. Is there a way to fix that?

Loading editor
    • Turns out that table-layout: fixed disables setting table widths manually. Whoops.

Still haven't tackled the the centered table header on mobile though. Maybe a bit of
      <format>
      can fix that.
        Loading editor
    • When using the fixed layout, the widths should be determined from the first row of cells. You should be able to set fixed widths by fixing the widths of the cells in the first row.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.