FANDOM

• I'd like to request that Dragonball Updates Wikia be shut down. (https://dragonballupdates.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page). It is is no longer in use, the admins have long-since been absent, and its only current use is as battle grounds for edit wars where there are many complaints about user(s) stealing and posting copyrighted content (especially artwork) without the pior knowledge or consent of the original artist and without giving due credit. Artists (many from DeviantART.com) have tried to delete their artwork being used without their consent and made appeals to the absentee admins/staff, and to site rules for appropriate conduct but unfortunately now it has turned into the offending party spamming plagiarized material in user talk pages and the comments section, in addition to simply undoing or re-uploading Copyright images. Since the problem is spread across dozens of pages on the wikia and among several users, and since the wikia is not being used otherwise by other active community members, I recommend putting an end to the theft and warring by deleting or closing down the wikia. Thanks for your consideration and any help or recommendations you can provide in advance. EDIT: corrected several typos

Loading editor
    • I'd imagine that this is something you should put through a request here.

Alternatively, HeavensAria, you can apply for adminship on the dragonballupdate wiki and deal with the situation yourself. If you fell like it, that is.

Loading editor
    • Thank you so much for your recommendations! This is very helpful and I've gone ahead and taken to both courses of action. 

Loading editor
    • HeavensAria - it's more an either/or situation. A closed down wiki means no activity takes place, no admin is needed there.

If you take the admin path there's no need for the wiki to be closed, but it'll take quite a bit of hard work and a very firm hand - by the look of it you'll need to bang a number of heads to get things settled productively.

Loading editor
    • Yes, I understand that. I chose both paths in case one or the other option falls through. Or, to take whatever option comes to me given which ever request is processed first. I dont mind either way. If its too much to handle as administrator then I'll request the page is shut down, as needed.

Loading editor
    • Good.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.