FANDOM

• https://thelionkingfanon.fandom.com/wiki/User:Ginnyharry4ever

Ginny was watching my thread on the Princess ava 15 board because she says "we're talking about Ginny behind her" and I was really talking to Ava about how Ginny upset me, Ginny violated the privacy of my conversation with Princess Ava 15

it's not fair that she watched my thread on my Wiki just to know if I said something that she might not like

Loading editor
    • FANDOM Wikias are made so that everything is readily visible. Although you claim it "unfair" that someone can read your conversations with others, it is also true that you can read the conversations of others.

In short, there is no "privacy" on FANDOM.

For example, before you posted this here, I read your message about this same issue on Sannse's wall. I almost answered you there but saw this thread and decided to do it here instead.

Loading editor
    • but Ginny watched my conversation with Princess ava 15 just so I couldn't tell Ava that I didn't like what Ginny was doing

Loading editor
    • That's the way it is. ALL of FANDOM is made so nothing is hidden. Like IRL, if you say something, expect that sooner or later it will get back to whomever you're talking about. Have the stones to own up to your statements.

Loading editor
    • but I don't like Ginny doing this and watching my thread just so that I can't tell Princess Ava 15 what I don't like about what Ginny does

Loading editor
    • Love Robin wrote: That's the way it is. ALL of FANDOM is made so nothing is hidden. Like IRL, if you say something, expect that sooner or later it will get back to whomever you're talking about. Have the stones to own up to your statements.

Loading editor
    • If you want to talk to someone privately, use an external platform.

Loading editor
    • Never post anything on the internet that you wouldn't want the world to know. Once it is on the internet, it is as good as public because there will be some electronic record that someone, whether you want them to or not, can get their hands on. This goes even for "private" things such as Facebook direct messaging.

Loading editor
    • I wouldn't go as far as Andrew, but yes, be careful about what you post online.

Loading editor
    • While true that anything on the internet, even venues with an expectation of privacy such as Notes and Direct Messages, can be gotten to, FACT still remains that on FANDOM there is no such expectations of privacy. Everything can be seen and read.

And although most users will not jump in on conversations they are not part of, nevertheless, they *can*. Best one can do is ask others to not join a thread, but *all* you can do is ask.

Loading editor
    • the old rule: once u post something online it stays forever

Loading editor
    • and deleting wont help cuz someone mayve taken a screen shot of it or it mayve staied in someones email

Loading editor
    • ... or it may still be in the platform's logs, the server's logs, a web archiver like WayBackMachine, a search engine's cached results, another user's personal webpage archive, etc.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.