FANDOM


  • I need to disable my account on just one particular wiki (mostly becaase I was wrongfully permanently blocked and I can't appeal it.) I would like to keep my other accounts in other wikis open, but its just this particular wiki I don't want to have an account on.

      Loading editor
    • Not possible, I'm afraid. Just simply don't go on that wiki, don't even make another account which would be a sockpuppet an completely to obliterate any chance of discussions to lift the block with the admin. If that wiki's subject interests you, make your own wiki for it or find other wikis to edit.

      There is normally a way to appeal and a lot of admins will if you admit to your mistakes. Love Robin is exceptionally good at dealing with conflicts so, if you're desperate for help and the admin is being unreasonable, try asking for assistance. Also read User blog:Sannse/How to Get Unblocked for information on the subject.

        Loading editor
    • To the above, I have some things to add:

      1) You can always appeal to the admin on a wiki by posting to their wall on Community Central; unless you are globally blocked, which is clearly not the case.

      2) You need not worry about possibly being prevented from adopting a wiki; the staff will look into your entire current-block history, and if you are blocked for what they consider to be an arbitrary reason (or no reason), they will not take that block into account.

      3) Any admin who has any sense will not take into account block history on other wikis, unless the account is clearly vandalism-only.

        Loading editor
    • Thanks, evilquoll. Although I do fear that a lot of smaller wikis now are being run by power-hungy admins who take delight in blocking users for the silliest of the things. Let's hope the HDM wiki doesn't descend into that state... On the other hand, a load of users who are blocked claim they were blocked wrongfully and come here to complain about it. Without giving us a link to the wiki, it's hard to understand your situation and advise you on the best path to take.

        Loading editor
    • Without any links, there is nothing for me to look at—bearing in mind I'm not Staff and can't do much more than offer my assessment of situations.

      If you're permanently/infinitely blocked from a wiki, your account there is essentially "disabled", so, your wish in that regard is essentially granted. There is nothing that can be done to your account by the local admin other than *maybe* they mess with your User pages and profile, which, if bad enough, you can always ask Staff to reverse and talk to them about.

      Other than that, you have the rest of FANDOM to enjoy!

        Loading editor
    • Evilquoll wrote:
      To the above, I have some things to add:

      1) You can always appeal to the admin on a wiki by posting to their wall on Community Central; unless you are globally blocked, which is clearly not the case.

      2) You need not worry about possibly being prevented from adopting a wiki; the staff will look into your entire current-block history, and if you are blocked for what they consider to be an arbitrary reason (or no reason), they will not take that block into account.

      3) Any admin who has any sense will not take into account block history on other wikis, unless the account is clearly vandalism-only.

      He has blocked me from talking to him on all wikis. But its ok I probably will disable my account anyway by the end of the eyar since i'm too busy for this right now.

        Loading editor
    • NightSpeakers wrote:
      Thanks, evilquoll. Although I do fear that a lot of smaller wikis now are being run by power-hungy admins who take delight in blocking users for the silliest of the things. Let's hope the HDM wiki doesn't descend into that state... On the other hand, a load of users who are blocked claim they were blocked wrongfully and come here to complain about it. Without giving us a link to the wiki, it's hard to understand your situation and advise you on the best path to take.

      Also, yes, the person who runs that wiki is banhammer-happy and even got the wiki completely off topic from what it was intended to be.

      Why do people have to be so fricking stupid sometimes? lol

        Loading editor
    • A regular admin can not block you from posting on their message wall except for that wiki. You should be able to do it here on Central.

      And you don't need to disable an account just because you can't find the time right now.

        Loading editor
    • ArmageddonAviation wrote: He has blocked me from talking to him on all wikis. But its ok I probably will disable my account anyway by the end of the eyar since i'm too busy for this right now.

      As Tupka217 said, nobody but Fandom staff can ban anyone from Community Central.

        Loading editor
    • To be clear, you can only be blocked by a user who is an Admin on specific wikis. They can tell/ask/request you don't talk to them on any wiki, but cannot *enforce* that other than to potentially report you for cross-wiki harassment.

      They can NOT ban you from talking to them on Central about blocks they put against you because you're allowed to ask once for each instance. After that, they can ask you to leave them alone for that blocking incidence.

      Of course, if you tick them off here on Central, they can increase your block if it is not already at infinite…

      Also keep in mind that acting up on Central may bring the attention of the CCAdmins down on you…

        Loading editor
    • FYI, Love Robin is a CC Admin.

        Loading editor
    • NightSpeakers wrote:
      Thanks, evilquoll. Although I do fear that a lot of smaller wikis now are being run by power-hungy admins who take delight in blocking users for the silliest of the things. Let's hope the HDM wiki doesn't descend into that state... On the other hand, a load of users who are blocked claim they were blocked wrongfully and come here to complain about it. Without giving us a link to the wiki, it's hard to understand your situation and advise you on the best path to take.

      Crash of Cars Wiki admin blocked me infinitely for 'adding false info' when I didn't!

      Such a stupid admin. I understand that.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.