FANDOM

• For wikis that have pages for anime and manga characters having their own Article, Story and Image Gallery pages for the differences between each is good but could the tabs share the Relationships and Quotes pages here?

Loading editor
    • With the "tabs" you are using, not exactly. What you can do is create those pages as subpages of, say, the manga character. Then create subpages for the anime character and transclude the manga content as the page content. For example:

Mafuyu Sato/Quotes:

{{Media Icons
      |M = Mafuyu Sato
      |A = Mafuyu Sato Anime
      |+ = Mafuyu Sato Anime/Quotes
      |D = Mafuyu Sato (Audio drama)
      }}
      {{PageTabs|tab1 = Article|tab2 = Relationships|tab3 = Image Gallery|tab4 = Quotes}}<!--
      --><onlyinclude>
      *"''I'm definitely worse at expressing myself than other people are. But, even so, the truth is... The truth is I've always... Just, wanted someone to completely understand how hard and painful it is... Wanting to scream and cry but not being able to express it. But even understand a little is okay.''"
      *"''The story of a certain winter. The story of a certain night.''"
      *"''I love music. I'm not lonely. I'm having fun. Lunch break is fun. I like someone new. If only I could just let [[Yuki Yoshida|you ]] know.''"
      *"''A story of a certain summer. A story of a certain night.''"
      *"''Right now, I have a new person that I like.''"<!--
      --></onlyinclude>

Mafuyu Sato Anime/Quotes:

{{Media Icons
      |M = Mafuyu Sato
      |A = Mafuyu Sato Anime
      |+ = Mafuyu Sato/Quotes
      |D = Mafuyu Sato (Audio drama)
      }}
      {{PageTabs|tab1 = Article|tab2 = Story|tab3 = Relationships|tab4 = Image Gallery|tab5 = Quotes}}<!--
      -->{{:Mafuyu Sato/Quotes}}

Loading editor
    • Thank you! Good news it does merge the article content, the manga quotes were added to the anime ones. Is there a way to have only one tab appear between the pages?
      Subpage

This is especially for the relationships pages that are best with one shared between the manga and anime pages for characters.

Loading editor
    • Sorry for the dealy. If you are zsking how to hide the manga tabs when viewing the content via the anime tabs, then the example I provided should work. The key is to use the tranclusions tags so that only the quotes appear when the page is transcluded. Does that make sense?

Loading editor
    • Hey, thanks for the reply, these tabs need to be on both anime and manga pages for a character with each one leading to the anime and manga areas respectively, but the "Relationships" and "Quotes" ones lead to one shared page between the manga and anime pages.

Tabs layout

Anime Mafuyu's Article, Story, this Relationships page shared with the manga, anime Image Gallery, Quotes page shared with the manga tabs.

Manga Mafuyu's Article, (will be a manga story area), shared Relationships page, manga Image Gallery, shared Quotes

Using the above had the two areas appear like in the first image, was it the way the transclusions tags were used?

Loading editor
    • I am not seeing the transclusion tags on the pages. Let me edit them and then you can view the difference.

Loading editor
    • Okay. I have made the changes. The source of the information for both anime and manga is the manga page. The information that was on the anime page has been commented out. So it is still there for copy-paste purposes to the mange page if that is what you want but it shouldn't currently show on either page.

Loading editor
    • S3r0-Ph1i wrote:
      For wikis that have pages for anime and manga characters having their own Article, Story and Image Gallery pages for the differences between each is good but could the tabs share the Relationships and Quotes pages here?

thank you

Loading editor
    • Dadi0111 wrote:

thank you

Hi! This round is designing a tab system where certain tabs can share information, and it's magnificent!

Andrewds1021 wrote:
      Okay. I have made the changes. The source of the information for both anime and manga is the manga page. The information that was on the anime page has been commented out. So it is still there for copy-paste purposes to the mange page if that is what you want but it shouldn't currently show on either page.

Nice, that's such a good thing to be able to do! Is the other way fine if only to keep the page with the most information on (the anime one in Ritsuka's case) is that okay to keep like that? Also to find the content that needs to be merged, the only way is to locate it in the history?

Loading editor
      1. Not sure what you are asking
      2. No, I commented it out so you should be able to see it in the source mode. For example, if the content was:
      old stuff

it is now

new stuff<!--
      old stuff
      -->

Loading editor
    • If either page is chosen to edit it will lead to the keeper article so that is even better! 

So this is an excellent means of having anime and manga character articles to specify the differences for total coverage on the encyclopedia, whilst also having tabs that share the same relationships and quotes articles between them, all thanks to Andrewds1021 !

Loading editor
    • S3r0-Ph1i wrote: If either page is chosen to edit it will lead to the keeper article so that is even better! 

What? No, that isn't what is going on. If you want them to be literally the same page, not just same content, then you will need to modify the tabs template. Also, with them sharing literally the same page, there won't be a way to avoid having two sets of tabs on teh shared pages. Well, not without JS anyways.

Loading editor
    • If the tabs could be modified to have the Relationships and Quotes pages as the same between the anime and manga articles then that's another option of getting the same lovely end result. If you do have time it might be worth looking into, even with JS the more methods available the better, and yet transclusion remains pretty cool as it is and works perfect!

Loading editor
    • Okay. I'll have to give it a little more thought though. It will probably involve some short JS as well.

Edit:

Okay, I think I got the JS down now. Went a bit overboard for our specifics but maybe there will be other use cases later.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.