FANDOM

• I used VisualEditor on a couple of wikis on my tablet, but now whenever I try to boot it up (click the EDIT button), it freezes and won't stop loading. This is why I reverted to the Classic Editor, can anyone help me?

P. S. This used to affect Creepypasta Wiki, but under a different bug.

Loading editor
    • What version is your iOS? I've heard this happened to older devices that can't go over 9.3.5.

Loading editor
    • Is this happening on multiple wikis or just one? When was the last time VisualEditor worked on the device it is now no longer working?

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      Is this happening on multiple wikis or just one? When was the last time VisualEditor worked on the device it is now no longer working?

This can happen with any wiki, eg. Arby N' The Chief wiki, as after some time passed on the tablet I use. As for the last time the bug appeared, I can't remember when.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      What version is your iOS? I've heard this happened to older devices that can't go over 9.3.5.

True, but I use a Samsung Galaxy tablet (Android 5.1.1).

Loading editor
    • Make sure the feature is turned on. You will need to go to Special:WikiFeatures on your wiki, go down to the labs section, and turn the VisualEditor on.

Loading editor
      1. They said this is happening on multiple wikis.
      2. Where did you get this information? VisualEditor is not an optional feature wikis can turn on/off.
        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.