FANDOM

• i have noticed that on my wiki, there are 18 pictures/images, but for the wiki progress, it still says i need to reach 10 pictures, please help.

this is the link to the image page https://the-cousins-for-life.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Images

Loading editor
    • I don't know for sure but it might take some time for the status to update. If it doesn't update within the next 24 hours, you should probably contact staff. I would report it as a bug.

Loading editor
    • i just noticed the 10 photos were now reached, but now there are 22 photos on the wiki and it said i have not reached 2o photos.

Loading editor
    • Wait again. Since we don't know when the stats update, it is possible it updated before you uploaded the 20th image. Also, I count only 21 images on your wiki.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      Wait again. Since we don't know when the stats update, it is possible it updated before you uploaded the 20th image. Also, I count only 21 images on your wiki.

i just added the 22th image right now, im pretty sure you were right when you said it takes some time to update 

Loading editor
    • Uploading a new version does not counts as a new image.

Loading editor
    • Got your concerns! Press F5 multiple times to pass your browser's cache and you'll see your image numbers go to the recent amount and newer photos.

Loading editor
    • Mr.Follow wrote:
      Got your concerns! Press F5 multiple times to pass your browser's cache and you'll see your image numbers go to the recent amount and newer photos.

ok

Loading editor
    • Mr.Follow wrote:
      Got your concerns! Press F5 multiple times to pass your browser's cache and you'll see your image numbers go to the recent amount and newer photos.

but all f5 does is increase the keyboared lighting, i dont understand how that can help.

Loading editor
    • Awesomehaig wrote':
      i have noticed that on my wiki, there are 29pictures/images, but for the wiki progress, it still says i need to reach 10 pictures, please help.'this is the link to the image page https://the-cousins-for-life.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Images</a>

[1]​​​​​​REALLY?

Loading editor
    • Mrangjunboon2017 wrote:
      Awesomehaig wrote':
      i have noticed that on my wiki, there are 18 pictures/images, but for the wiki progress, it still says i need to reach 10 pictures, please help.'this is the link to the image page https://the-cousins-for-life.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Images</a>
      '[1]​​​​​​'REALLY?

well if you did not read the other repies then i said that their are now 20, and the glitch has been fixed 

Loading editor
    • I think Mrangjunboon2017 is just trolling you. As for Mr.Follow's suggestion, most web browsers use F5 as a hotkey for refreshing the page. If your browser doesn't do this, you configured it differently, or your keyboard has been configured differently (it sounds like this is your case), then it may be a different key or there may not be a hotkey for it at all. Even so, I don't think refreshing the page would help. A regular refresh only clears your browser's cache and loads a new copy from the server. Chances are the reason for the delay is the server's cache; which isn't cleared be refreshing the page. If the issue is that a new edit (like content, CSS, or a template) is not showing, chances are that the server needs to re-cache the particular page. That can be done by purging the page. However, features such as the admin dashboard, wanted pages, unused images, and the list of double redirects typically use a cache of stored statistics. Updates of these caches cannot be forced except by staff. Most of them are set to update every 24 hours; which is why I suggested waiting 24 hours.

Loading editor
    • I agree, just make sure you set the keys where they are supposed to be and make sure you know your refresh key anyways.

Loading editor
    • There is no "supposed to". As far as I am aware, there is not set standard for hotkeys; that is why you are free to reassign them.

Loading editor
    • I mean he should know what his refresh key is.

Loading editor
    • F5 is usually overridden on laptops and does not do the old "refresh" function like it does on most desktops. Also, on Macs, F5 is often completely ignored. The usual way to restore overridden F5 "refresh" functionality is to hold down the Fn (Function) key, if that is present on a keyboard.

All browsers usually have an alternative key combo to "refresh" besides F5.

Please don't talk about functionality based on only your personal experience unless you know the recipient has the exact same config.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      I think Mrangjunboon2017 is just trolling you. As for Mr.Follow's suggestion, most web browsers use F5 as a hotkey for refreshing the page.

**Not my personal experience** please read the messages before answering!  Andrewds1021 said that MOST browsers have F5 as a key and your saying that ALL of it has it that is not true according to fandom they say to use F5 as the main refresh key mainly for cache, scripts and etc that has to relate to wiki settings.

Loading editor
    • i have a mac, and i found out on mac pressing COMMAND and then pressing R at the same time does the same effect

Loading editor
    • Yea as said depends for PC is F5 for mac then it's that key you just said.

Loading editor
    • Awesomehaig wrote:
      Mr.Follow wrote:
      but all f5 does is increase the keyboared lighting, i dont understand how that can help.

i just added the 22th image right now, im pretty sure you were right when you said it takes some time to update 

Loading editor
    • Yeah staff these days...

Loading editor
    • Staff don't update the count. If they did, it would take years. It is done by script that runs every so often because running it constantly for the thousands of wikis they have would require far too much computational resources.

Loading editor
    • True no wonder why the scripts are soo old and slow to even update just remember continue pressing F5 to fasten the scripts.

Loading editor
    • F5 won't help with these types of cachine issues. As far as I am aware, there is no way for a user to force the scripts to run. They typically run every 24 hours or so but if it has been a while (like a few days), then you can contact staff and ask them to force the script to run.

Loading editor
    • Yeah... just like how companies are lazy to feed more newer products to their customers or loyalty customers.....

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.