FANDOM


  • Heads up, could anyone delete/report Game Over Dex Wiki due to a lot of content that I hate?

    https://game-over-dex.fandom.com/wiki/Super_Mario_64

    https://game-over-dex.fandom.com/wiki/Banjo_Kazooie

    I was attempting to edit because of of how much I hate their articles/screenshots, but it's locked by admins (OLD news).

      Loading editor
    • There's a difference between "a wiki with hate" and "a wiki with content I hate". Wikis aren't shut down for the latter.

        Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      There's a difference between "a wiki with hate" and "a wiki with content I hate". Wikis aren't shut down for the latter.

      Well, I wished it worked.

      The links at the top really affected me in the past, this is why I want the wiki entirley gone as this is just gone too far for me.

        Loading editor
    • Has anyone clicked on the links?

        Loading editor
    • Which links at which top? The navigation? The categories? I'm not seeing any issue with any (but it's not my call to make).

      Are we even talking about the same wiki?! The one you linked is just a database of Game Over screens.

        Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      Which links at which top? The navigation? The categories? I'm not seeing any issue with any (but it's not my call to make).

      Are we even talking about the same wiki?! The one you linked is just a database of Game Over screens.

      Yeah, and it needs to stop because of how much hate I get from this database ENTIRLEY.

      X(

        Loading editor
    • Not just that, but users keep shitposting screenshots outside of the database.

        Loading editor
    • If you don't like it, stop going there. Simple as that. And it doesn't get any simpler.

      If you don't like seafood, don't go to restaurants like "Red Lobster". Don't waste your time starting a picket line protest about it. Surely y'all have better things to do with the limited time we get each day.

        Loading editor
    • Love Robin wrote:
      If you don't like it, stop going there. Simple as that. And it doesn't get any simpler.

      If you don't like seafood, don't go to restaurants like "Red Lobster". Don't waste your time starting a picket line protest about it. Surely y'all have better things to do with the limited time we get each day.

      Thanks

        Loading editor
    • I see the user that currently is responsible for all the edits on that wiki did post what an admin considered vandalism to the Ideas Wiki. However, the user was blocked for that, and that's the only adequate response. There's no reason to shut down another wiki for that.

        Loading editor
    • This isn't Twitter. Wikia doesn't shutdown entire wikis because a single anonyous user decides they don't like some of the content.

        Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      I see the user that currently is responsible for all the edits on that wiki did post what an admin considered vandalism to the Ideas Wiki. However, the user was blocked for that, and that's the only adequate response. There's no reason to shut down another wiki for that.

      If so, whom?

        Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      This isn't Twitter. Wikia doesn't shutdown entire wikis because a single anonyous user decides they don't like some of the content.

      "Anonymous"

      Actually I keep protesting against Game Over screen shitposters because of too many Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie images/videos and wanting them not to exist on the internet due to "childhood nightmare fuel".

      But then nobody cares how many times the screens show up, see the links above :s

        Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote (edited):
      Which links at which top? Are we even talking about the same wiki in said links?

      The start of this topic, actually. And yes, I'm pointing the finger at a nightmare topic. ;o

        Loading editor
    • I checked VSTF and stuff got complicated from there, not as if it was anything at all.

        Loading editor
    • This is not vandalism or a Terms of Use violation, so there is no point in continuing this point.

        Loading editor
    • 5.80.242.242 wrote:

      Andrewds1021 wrote:
      This isn't Twitter. Wikia doesn't shutdown entire wikis because a single anonyous user decides they don't like some of the content.

      "Anonymous"

      Actually I keep protesting against Game Over screen shitposters because of too many Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie images/videos and wanting them not to exist on the internet due to "childhood nightmare fuel".

      But then nobody cares how many times the screens show up, see the links above :s

      Yes, anonymous. You have not registered with Wikia and they have no way to contact you. You could change your IP and no one would no it is you. Someone could take your IP and no one would no it isn't you. You are an anonymous user regardless of how much you complain.

        Loading editor
    • Boo hoo the bad evil wiki hurt my feelings.

      Grow a spine and learn to accept there exists things we dislike yet we can't just make them disappear because that's not how society works.

        Loading editor
    • 90.253.66.50 wrote (edited): Learn to accept there exists things we dislike, yet we can't just make them disappear, because that's not how society works.

      That gave me a weird source code.

      True, but what concerns me is that there's a lot of death screen shitposters from the internet itself.

        Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:

      5.80.242.242 wrote:

      Andrewds1021 wrote:
      This isn't Twitter. Wikia doesn't shutdown entire wikis because a single anonyous user decides they don't like some of the content.

      "Anonymous"

      Actually I keep protesting against Game Over screen shitposters because of too many Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie images/videos and wanting them not to exist on the internet due to "childhood nightmare fuel".

      But then nobody cares how many times the screens show up, see the links above :s

      Yes, anonymous. You have not registered with Wikia and they have no way to contact you. You could change your IP and no one would no it is you. Someone could take your IP and no one would no it isn't you. You are an anonymous user regardless of how much you complain.

      No, I corrected "anonyous", and you dug up an old topic?

        Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote: This is not vandalism or a Terms of Use violation, so there is no point in continuing this point.

      • nods*

      It's a lot of screenshot traffic, that's my concern.

        Loading editor
    • who cares

        Loading editor
    • 5.80.244.104 wrote:

      [snip embedded quote]

      Yeah, and it needs to stop because of how much hate I get from this database ENTIRLEY.

      Your attitude is a very common one: "I don't like [X], therefore nobody else must be allowed to do so either". The problems with this are (1) the world doesn't revolve around you and (2) there is nothing that is universally liked, so the only possible way to enforce such an attitude woulds be to ban everything, without exception — which of course isn't going to happen.

        Loading editor
    • Evilquoll wrote:

      Your attitude is a very common one: "I don't like [X], therefore nobody else must be allowed to do so either". The problems with this are (1) the world doesn't revolve around you and (2) there is nothing that is universally liked, so the only possible way to enforce such an attitude would be to ban everything, without exception — which of course isn't going to happen.

      What concerns me is that there's a lot of death screen shitposters from Game Over Dex wiki and the internet itself, which is why I want the wiki taken down (especially Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie images/videos) due to what I dub as "childhood nightmare fuel".

        Loading editor
    • Nobody else dubs it as that. The wiki won't be deleted because of that. Let it rest.

        Loading editor
    • 5.80.244.104 wrote:

      Tupka217 wrote:
      Which links at which top? The navigation? The categories? I'm not seeing any issue with any (but it's not my call to make).

      Are we even talking about the same wiki?! The one you linked is just a database of Game Over screens.

      Yeah, and it needs to stop because of how much hate I get from this database ENTIRLEY.

      "Yeah" what? Tupka217 asked you which links you were referring to, and all you gave in reply was the same stuff as before. Did you know what you were talking about?

      Maybe it's time to lock or delete this thread, since it's going in circles, like the world about the OP.

        Loading editor
    • Evilquoll wrote:

      "Yeah" what? Tupka217 asked you which links you were referring to, and all you gave in reply was the same stuff as before. Did you know what you were talking about?

      Maybe it's time to lock or delete this thread, since it's going in circles, like the world about the OP.

      Okay, lock it.

        Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      Nobody else dubs it as that. The wiki won't be deleted because of that. Let it rest.

      One more thing. That wiki will be deleted, and I dubbed it as that.

        Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      This is not vandalism or  auto clicker a Terms of Use violation, so there is no point in continuing this point.

      I was jumble solver attempting to edit because of  word unscrambler of how much I hate their articles/screenshots, but it's locked by admins (OLD news).

        Loading editor
    • Wow...

      Firstly, you're not even a member of FANDOM, or at least you weren't until your latest bumps, as has been pointed out by at least one other poster on the thread. Your opinion realistically means nothing. It's like if someone off the streets ran into a hotel and asked for room service. You're not going to get any no matter how nicely you ask.

      Secondly, I'm quite frankly amazed you're continuing to uphold your ridiculous demands for more than a month since you posted the OP. Content on Wikia can be deleted for a multitude of reasons, from insensitivity to certain groups of people, to inappproriate content of a sexual nature, to libellous/slanderous claims, through to the discussion of topics that are just plainly illegal, like bomb construction. One person's "childhood nightmare fuel" (protip: if that is your idea of childhood nightmare fuel - personally for me it was this - then developmentally you are still a child) is not and never will be a valid reason.

      Thirdly, what are you even talking about to begin with? From what I can gather from your plethora of posts, a group of online acquaintances are taunting you with game over screens. If that's the case then that's their problem, not the Wiki's. Closing down a Wiki will not shut off their access to your personal red rag, especially if they've saved offline copies. To me it reeks of a boogeyman that you yourself have conjured up in your spare time.

      Because I can assure you, there is no such thing as a community that communicates in game over screens, and if there is, then please show us some screenshots or active links. Reaction images maybe, something as specific or long-winded as those, absolutely not. It's in the same realm as those who derive genuine pleasure from reading poorly-written fanon that just describes release information of ill-fitting corporate nightmares of crossovers that would never happen in a million years. Of the 100 people that will ever read such a thing, probably 90 of those will be furious adults who are looking for actual VHS/DVD information.

      All in all, someone please lock this thread already. This is one of the most absurd requests I've ever read on any online medium and I don't know whether to laugh or cry. There are support groups, both online and in the real world, for those afflicted with your condition, and I strongly recommend you seek them out if the documentation of game over screens is the worst thing in the world for you.

      And whatever you do from here on in, do not keep trying to edit the Wiki for the purpose of deleting pages - this is known as blanking and ultimately achieves nothing since page histories are stored forever and can be brought back in a single click. Attempting to do so is conspiring to commit vandalism and will result in your rightful banning from the service. The page and its associated Wiki will stay up for the foreseeable future, and whether or not you're willing to accept that is irrelevant.

      Grow up or seek mental help. That's all I can say at this point.

        Loading editor
    • I watched your link, that was pretty good. I hadn't seen it before.

      A wiki that documents Game Over screens is just like any other wiki that documents any other kind of content. This data is important to them so they make a record of it. You wouldn't want to go inside a cadaver lab, and many people would be scarred if they did, but the research that's conducted there is important to those who work there (the analogy is extreme but I hope it works). Regardless of what you personally have been scarred by, you should seek out therapy because you definitely have some things to work through. But disturbing this wiki won't help, it'll just upset everyone who cares about it, and at most you would be trading their happiness for your own. Again, this is extreme and I don't think anything here is that big of a deal to anyone involved, but maybe you'll consider all the details besides what scares you and if it should exist or not.

        Loading editor
    • AlexGRFan97 wrote:
      Wow...

      Firstly, you're not even a member of FANDOM, or at least you weren't until your latest...

      (insert good things here, whee)

      Oh, 'kay. So now I wished to take down a wiki, but I see your point - GODex I would avoid personally due to my history with the screenshots/videos, all thanks to productive therapy.

      I mean, Google Image Search images keeps track of its pages :o

        Loading editor
    • Hazeart27 wrote:
      I watched your link, that was pretty good. I hadn't seen it before.

      A wiki that documents Game Over screens is just like any other wiki that documents any other kind of content. This data is important to them so they make a record of it. You wouldn't want to go inside a cadaver lab, and many people would be scarred if they did, but the research that's conducted there is important to those who work there (the analogy is extreme but I hope it works). Regardless of what you personally have been scarred by, you should seek out therapy because you definitely have some things to work through. But disturbing this wiki won't help, it'll just upset everyone who cares about it, and at most you would be trading their happiness for your own. Again, this is extreme and I don't think anything here is that big of a deal to anyone involved, but maybe you'll consider all the details besides what scares you and if it should exist or not.

      As AlexGRFan97 said, "content can be deleted for a multitude of reasons, from insensitivity to the discussion of topics that are just plainly illegal," to which therapy kind-of works.

      Looking back, my idea was stupid ;)

        Loading editor
    • Hazeart27 wrote:
      I watched your link, that was pretty good. I hadn't seen it before.

      If so, which one?

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.