FANDOM

• Heads up, could anyone delete/report Game Over Dex Wiki due to a lot of content that I hate?

https://game-over-dex.fandom.com/wiki/Super_Mario_64

https://game-over-dex.fandom.com/wiki/Banjo_Kazooie

I was attempting to edit because of of how much I hate their articles/screenshots, but it's locked by admins (OLD news).

Loading editor
    • There's a difference between "a wiki with hate" and "a wiki with content I hate". Wikis aren't shut down for the latter.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      There's a difference between "a wiki with hate" and "a wiki with content I hate". Wikis aren't shut down for the latter.

Well, I wished it worked.

The links at the top really affected me in the past, this is why I want the wiki entirley gone as this is just gone too far for me.

Loading editor
    • Has anyone clicked on the links?

Loading editor
    • Which links at which top? The navigation? The categories? I'm not seeing any issue with any (but it's not my call to make).

Are we even talking about the same wiki?! The one you linked is just a database of Game Over screens.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      Which links at which top? The navigation? The categories? I'm not seeing any issue with any (but it's not my call to make).

Are we even talking about the same wiki?! The one you linked is just a database of Game Over screens.

Yeah, and it needs to stop because of how much hate I get from this database ENTIRLEY.

X(

Loading editor
    • Not just that, but users keep shitposting screenshots outside of the database.

Loading editor
    • If you don't like it, stop going there. Simple as that. And it doesn't get any simpler.

If you don't like seafood, don't go to restaurants like "Red Lobster". Don't waste your time starting a picket line protest about it. Surely y'all have better things to do with the limited time we get each day.

Loading editor
    • Love Robin wrote:
      If you don't like it, stop going there. Simple as that. And it doesn't get any simpler.

If you don't like seafood, don't go to restaurants like "Red Lobster". Don't waste your time starting a picket line protest about it. Surely y'all have better things to do with the limited time we get each day.

Thanks

Loading editor
    • I see the user that currently is responsible for all the edits on that wiki did post what an admin considered vandalism to the Ideas Wiki. However, the user was blocked for that, and that's the only adequate response. There's no reason to shut down another wiki for that.

Loading editor
    • This isn't Twitter. Wikia doesn't shutdown entire wikis because a single anonyous user decides they don't like some of the content.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      I see the user that currently is responsible for all the edits on that wiki did post what an admin considered vandalism to the Ideas Wiki. However, the user was blocked for that, and that's the only adequate response. There's no reason to shut down another wiki for that.

If so, whom?

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      This isn't Twitter. Wikia doesn't shutdown entire wikis because a single anonyous user decides they don't like some of the content.

"Anonymous"

Actually I keep protesting against Game Over screen shitposters because of too many Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie images/videos and wanting them not to exist on the internet due to "childhood nightmare fuel".

But then nobody cares how many times the screens show up, see the links above :s

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote (edited):
      Which links at which top? Are we even talking about the same wiki in said links?

The start of this topic, actually. And yes, I'm pointing the finger at a nightmare topic. ;o

Loading editor
    • I checked VSTF and stuff got complicated from there, not as if it was anything at all.

Loading editor
    • This is not vandalism or a Terms of Use violation, so there is no point in continuing this point.

Loading editor
    • 5.80.242.242 wrote:

Andrewds1021 wrote:
      This isn't Twitter. Wikia doesn't shutdown entire wikis because a single anonyous user decides they don't like some of the content.

"Anonymous"

Actually I keep protesting against Game Over screen shitposters because of too many Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie images/videos and wanting them not to exist on the internet due to "childhood nightmare fuel".

But then nobody cares how many times the screens show up, see the links above :s

Yes, anonymous. You have not registered with Wikia and they have no way to contact you. You could change your IP and no one would no it is you. Someone could take your IP and no one would no it isn't you. You are an anonymous user regardless of how much you complain.

Loading editor
    • Boo hoo the bad evil wiki hurt my feelings.

Grow a spine and learn to accept there exists things we dislike yet we can't just make them disappear because that's not how society works.

Loading editor
    • 90.253.66.50 wrote (edited): Learn to accept there exists things we dislike, yet we can't just make them disappear, because that's not how society works.

That gave me a weird source code.

True, but what concerns me is that there's a lot of death screen shitposters from the internet itself.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:

5.80.242.242 wrote:

Andrewds1021 wrote:

"Anonymous"

Yes, anonymous. You have not registered with Wikia and they have no way to contact you. You could change your IP and no one would no it is you. Someone could take your IP and no one would no it isn't you. You are an anonymous user regardless of how much you complain.

No, I corrected "anonyous", and you dug up an old topic?

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote: This is not vandalism or a Terms of Use violation, so there is no point in continuing this point.

• nods*

It's a lot of screenshot traffic, that's my concern.

Loading editor
    • who cares

Loading editor
    • 5.80.244.104 wrote:

[snip embedded quote]

Yeah, and it needs to stop because of how much hate I get from this database ENTIRLEY.

Your attitude is a very common one: "I don't like [X], therefore nobody else must be allowed to do so either". The problems with this are (1) the world doesn't revolve around you and (2) there is nothing that is universally liked, so the only possible way to enforce such an attitude woulds be to ban everything, without exception — which of course isn't going to happen.

Loading editor
    • Evilquoll wrote:

Your attitude is a very common one: "I don't like [X], therefore nobody else must be allowed to do so either". The problems with this are (1) the world doesn't revolve around you and (2) there is nothing that is universally liked, so the only possible way to enforce such an attitude would be to ban everything, without exception — which of course isn't going to happen.

What concerns me is that there's a lot of death screen shitposters from Game Over Dex wiki and the internet itself, which is why I want the wiki taken down (especially Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie images/videos) due to what I dub as "childhood nightmare fuel".

Loading editor
    • Nobody else dubs it as that. The wiki won't be deleted because of that. Let it rest.

Loading editor
    • 5.80.244.104 wrote:

Tupka217 wrote:
      Which links at which top? The navigation? The categories? I'm not seeing any issue with any (but it's not my call to make).

"Yeah" what? Tupka217 asked you which links you were referring to, and all you gave in reply was the same stuff as before. Did you know what you were talking about?

Maybe it's time to lock or delete this thread, since it's going in circles, like the world about the OP.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.