FANDOM

• aside from Discussions Moderator and Content Moderator and Rollback (part of Content Moderator) are there any other things built into being a sysop which would make it superfluous to hold multiple check-boxes?

I was wondering about "Chat Moderator" since sysops can promote/demote chat mods, would that mean chat mod privileges are built into being a sysop making it pointless for an admin to promote themselves to chat mod? Help:User rights does not mention this but it seems logical.

Loading editor
    • Admins have all the rights lower levels have.

Loading editor
    • so should we amend the help page to indicate that includes chat mod? that isn't listed

Loading editor
    • Chat mod is part of discussions moderator. Discussions moderator is part of admin, so chat mod is part of admin.

Loading editor
    • MechQueste wrote: Chat mod is part of discussions moderator. Discussions moderator is part of admin, so chat mod is part of admin.

Totally agree. Although, I am of the opinion that the groups are listed in an illogical order. I think it would make more sense if they were listed hierarchically. So either, "this is one group, here is a higher group that can to all of the previous plus this stuff" or "this is one group that can do this plus all the stuff following groups can". Right now the order kind of makes your jump around.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.