FANDOM

• https://theoa.fandom.com

When I try to use the Special:ListUsers that I've been advised by help articles to use, it comes up as "undefined" - when I try other special tags, it leads me to a 404 - experimental page. 

There visual format on this page is really intense and I am hoping to be an active contributor and help make the page better - but I can't tell if it belongs to someone. Some of the oldest edits I can find on random pages seem to belong to content team members? 

Thanks from a newb here. 

Loading editor
    • Im not sure if those type of pages have admins at all.

Loading editor
    • what makes it a certain type of page? 

Loading editor
    • Is it a fandom? It dont look like one. Meh, good luck on your quest I guess.

Loading editor
    • i believe so, I tried creating a new wiki myself but it was taken by this awkward page.. anywho thanks for your response.

Loading editor
    • Looks like it’s a wiki built on the Community Builder, a (failed) experiment. It doesn’t run on MediaWiki, so does not use the concept of special pages. You’d best ask at Special:Contact.

Loading editor
    • The last time I checked on the project, they hadn't implemented the equivalent of admins. Or, at least, the group was mostly nominal. I hadn't thought of it before but this post got me wondering what will happen to the CB wikis now the CB development has been abandoned.

Loading editor
    • Thanks, the CB distinction was the missing piece. Couldn't find info about it on help pages so I appreciate the info. I've submitted a help request to see what can be done to save or fix the problem. 

Loading editor
    • If you don't mind, could you tell us what they say? I am curious myself now.

Loading editor
    • https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:1732352#4

I also got a response from tech support with the same solution, but he also said they are planning to migrate all the CB communities, but there isn't a set time frame for that, so best course of action is to create a new one entirely with a deviation of the name and then later they can switch the URL once the CB page is dissolved or migrated. 

Loading editor
    • I see. Out of fairness to the founders of the CB wikis, I hope Wikia gives them a chance to reclaim the converted wikis before granting redirects to MW wikis. I mean, Wikia kind of tricked people into using CB so, for the most part, you can't really say the founders knew what they were getting into.

Thanks for the update.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.