FANDOM

• I'm aware that there is documentation, but I'm still confused on adding my own javascripts and CSS files.

If I want to load my own files, where do I add them? Do I need to create a new page underĀ 

XXXX.fandom.com/wiki/MediaWiki:XXXX.js XXXX.fandom.com/wiki/MediaWiki:XXXX.css

Then what until they are approved?

Loading editor
    • For CSS, there is no need for them to be approved. You need to put them into wiki.fandom.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Wikia.css to get them showing up on your wiki.

For JavaScript, you need to wait for approval. You need to put your JS code into wiki.fandom.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Wikia.js to get them showing up on your wiki. If you're importing from the Dev wiki, though, you can check out your wiki's MediaWiki:ImportJS, which skips the review process since they are trusted scripts.

Loading editor
    • Is it possible have separate pages for each CSS and JS for organizational purposes?

Loading editor
    • Yes, but the JS will still need to get reviewed, if it imports into the main wiki-wide JS page. ImportJS scripts are basically already separated out.

See Help:JavaScript review process for more info on the JS part. See Help:Including_additional_CSS_and_JS#CSS_imports for how to import CSS from separate pages.

Loading editor
    • But if I only use a JS for just one template, does it still need to be reviewed?

Loading editor
    • Yes. All JS applied site-wide, regardless of scope/action/intent, must be reviewed and approved by staff. No nexceptions. ImportJS appears to provide an exception but actually doesn't. While ImportJS itself is not reviewed, each script that is imported is.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.