FANDOM

• I am trying to work on the Brandon sanderson wiki and want to know how to add a discussion feature, where you do polls and stuff

Loading editor
    • Ask for it at Special:Contact.

Loading editor
    • Ok thanks!!

Loading editor
    • If you really care about improving the wiki, I would suggest submitting an adoption request. It looks like the last edit aside from you and Wikia staff/bots was back in 2016. The founder's last edit was in 2009 and the only other admin's last edit was in 2008. Because of this, staff might bring it up when they contact you about enabling Discussions since you appear to be eligible already. When/if they do or when you submit the request, you may want to ask them to retain the founder's tag on the founder's profile. By default, it is removed when the founder is relieved of their permissions but staff can force it to remain if you ask them to. It doesn't have much benefit but it is helpful in identifying who started the wiki. Also, on the off chance that they come back, they are less likely to feel slighted.

Loading editor
    • Yep! I did it!!! Also, holy cow is that wiki old.

Loading editor
      1. Well, yeah it is old. That is the most probable reason it wouldn't already have Discussions. If it were new, it would have Discussions by default. If it was older than Discussions but not "too old", it probabl would have had Forum. Then, due to activity and small size, the Forum feature would havev been autoconverted to Discussions when Discussions was released.
      2. Ummm... Did you request the wiki to be closed? I am getting the "this wiki is closed" page when I try to go there.
        Loading editor
    • No I requested adoption but they closed it.

Loading editor
    • Well, that is a bit unfortunate. Sorry to hear that. If you want to start your own, you can download the database dump and import the old pages as a starting point.

Loading editor
    • I wanted to make a new wiki for a specific series, but somebody already did it!! Hooray!!!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.