FANDOM

• Often times (for various reasons) there will be a series of edits from users that are just adding or removing categories from articles. Other times these edits will be interspersed among other, more substantial edits. Is there a way to hide these edits when viewing Special:Recentchanges? Thanks!

Category changes
      Loading editor
    • No there's not, unfortunately. However, I would speak to the user and encourage them to create a bot account. If this account is flagged as a bot (by contacting staff) the user's bot's edits won't appear in RecentChanges unless you click 'show bots' at the top.

Another way would be asking the user to flag their edits as minor edits (either by going into Special:Preferences and ticking the automatically mark my edits as minor box or by doing it manually). Then you can click 'hide minor edits' at the top of RecentChanges and it should hide those edits.

Loading editor
    • NightSpeakers wrote: No there's not, unfortunately. However, I would speak to the user and encourage them to create a bot account. If this account is flagged as a bot (by contacting staff) the user's bot's edits won't appear in RecentChanges unless you click 'show bots' at the top.

Another way would be asking the user to flag their edits as minor edits (either by going into Special:Preferences and ticking the automatically mark my edits as minor box or by doing it manually). Then you can click 'hide minor edits' at the top of RecentChanges and it should hide those edits.

Alright, thanks! I can suggest that to the user for now, and hopefully FANDOM can add a feature to hide that kind of edit in the future!

Loading editor
    • Emitewiki2 wrote: Alright, thanks! I can suggest that to the user for now, and hopefully FANDOM can add a feature to hide that kind of edit in the future!

Unlikely, as most resources on MediaWiki would be working on the update instead. Also, there are multiple ways to add categories. A Recent Changes filter by username is something people have been asking about for a long time, but it's not really feasible. The only thing we've got is Enhanced Recent Changes.

Asking them to mark their edits as minor is the only pragmatic way.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.