FANDOM

• Here are the release notes for Fandom's code release scheduled for September 9, 2019:

• NOTABLE: We recently tweaked search rules to reduce the likelihood of minor and spam wikis being shown as suggested results.
    • NOTABLE: @mention suggestions in Discussions are now case-insensitive, which should help users find the desired account.
      Loading editor
    • I'm very satisfied of mentions being improved rather than citations introduced. The citation was a feature that brought along numerous abuses such as rewriting comments instead of just informing of the one that is meant. @mentions will ensure a great solution to that by providing people with an option to refer to the comment they mean through a mention of the author and will stave off the unnecessary, repeated citation.

Loading editor
    • Great! What about new wikis about new games? Last week, there were 5 wikis for a given game and most of them were equally active. How would that work?

Loading editor
    • Mustafar29 wrote: I'm very satisfied of mentions being improved rather than citations introduced. The citation was a feature that brought along numerous abuses such as rewriting comments instead of just informing of the one that is meant. @mentions will ensure a great solution to that by providing people with an option to refer to the comment they mean through a mention of the author and will stave off the unnecessary, repeated citation.

But the quote feature does have merits. The fact I can delete bits of a message I don't need to refer to, or breaking the message down to respond to different parts is actually quite helpful. I was under the impression mentions were directed at users, not messages?

Loading editor
    • What would be cool is if when mentioning someone, there would be an "in the post" section and "outside the post" section. It would be really useful instead of typing out the person's entire name.

Loading editor
    • I am very pleased to hear the announcement of these updates. I mean who wants spam wikis to appear as suggested results?

Loading editor
    • I know who: the spammers themselves, haha. But for real, no one else does.

Loading editor
    • C.Syde65 wrote: I mean who wants spam wikis to appear as suggested results?

People who created the wiki :P

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.