FANDOM

• Strange question, I know. And one I feel somewhat embarassed about asking. But I like to kinda write my own stories and roleplay, and I was looking up worldbuilding sites and someone mentioned the fandom wiki. I'm really curious if it would be against the rules to make a wiki about your own world/story. (I understand that the answer will likely be no, if it's an obvious answer, try not to put me down too much about it. I'm just asking to make sure.)

That would honestly be GREAT because I have a feeling all the folders in my library are kinda slowing my PC down.

And er...if you feel inclined...you can link some sites I could use to worldbuild with if I can't use Fandom...eheh...heh...

Loading editor
    • i already regret this

Loading editor
    • You can either join or start any wiki on FANDOM. Each has its own rules. For established franchises you'll generally find wikis which strictly adhere to its canon, some which only explore its non-canon/fanon, and some which allow for both. Just check the rules of each.

You are free have wikis which explore and develop your *own* topic. Just understand you cannot make that wiki *private* because FANDOM does not allow for private wikis. Everyone is allowed to edit so long as it is not Trolling or Vandalism. There are things you can do to minimize errant edits on your "niche" topic wiki, so set your rules accordingly.

Loading editor
    • Love Robin wrote: Everyone is allowed to edit so long as it is not Trolling or Vandalism. There are things you can do to minimize errant edits on your "niche" topic wiki, so set your rules accordingly.

Don't let that scare you off. Chances are noone will notice it and you can work on it in peace, and should you become the victim of a vandal, call in the VSTF.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote: Don't let that scare you off. Chances are noone will notice it and you can work on it in peace, and should you become the victim of a vandal, call in the VSTF.

Indeed. A LOT of users have their own wikis, often for testing purposes, who don't get hassled. So "personal" (as opposed to "private") wikis with their own topics do exist and even flourish.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.