FANDOM

• There is a wiki that I was trying to edit because something was wrong and the admin kept reversing the edit and did not listen to me at all and gave robotic responses to all my questions and was just a total d*ck. So I realized what’s I had to do was make my own wiki. How do I copy an entire wiki?

Loading editor
    • You can use Special:Export to save particular pages or get a database dump. However, both methods will not include any files the wiki has.

Loading editor
    • 71.174.69.218 wrote: There is a wiki that I was trying to edit because something was wrong and the admin kept reversing the edit and did not listen to me at all and gave robotic responses to all my questions and was just a total d*ck. So I realized what’s I had to do was make my own wiki. How do I copy an entire wiki?

I'm not sure copying the content of an entire wiki to put on your new wiki is the best idea. You should credit the original wiki or your new wiki may be shut down by Fandom.

Loading editor
    • Yeah, importing is always better than just copying.

However... Don't bother. The other wiki is big and established, and (probably) has the better url, a community, and better SEO as your wiki gets punished for duplicate content. Meanwhile, you've got to run the wiki by yourself, hoping you fool hapless visitors into thinking you're the prime wiki on the topic. It requires time, dedication and determination, all wasted because they'll probably call Staff on you anyway. All that out of spite is a fool's errand.

You think you're in the right. But maybe you just don't know something. If it seems obvious to you but isn't there, maybe it isn't there for a reason? And maybe the admin sounds short and robotic because they have to revert that every week?

Loading editor
    • It doesn’t matter what I add. It’s always reverted and someone else could do the same thing and not have their edit reverted. This admin just recently removed something I said from a talk page!

Loading editor
    • Have you tried making edits with a registered account?

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.