FANDOM


  • I have this really weird thing where recently, I switched computers, and the wiki's photo quality suddenly got fuzzy. I used to have an old 2014 macbook, which i had been using for a while, and everything was fine, until I bought my new macbook pro, and when I went back onto the wiki, all those images that were perfect quality on my old computer, were bad quality on this one. I thought it was the computer so I went to google images, and the quality was great on there, but for some reason it's bad on the wikia??? I have no idea I don't think other people have had this problem

      Loading editor
    • Who cares? You still got the pictures themselves

        Loading editor
    • I am not sure waht to tell you except that I haven't noticed any changes in the image quality on Wikia.

        Loading editor
    • Spelling error, Andrew. Correct it please

        Loading editor
    • r

        Loading editor
    • Here's an image from my new laptop:

      https://prnt.sc/oyfq01



      Here's the same image after being uploaded to the wiki:

      https://prnt.sc/oyfqho

        Loading editor
    • ^that's my account too btw lmao

        Loading editor
    • Is it just for images on Fandom, or images in general? If the latter, it's probably a difference in settings on your laptop. If the former, it probably also is a difference in settings.

      Is there any obvious difference between the two, like screen size?

        Loading editor
    • TheGentleFawn wrote: ... I thought it was the computer so I went to google images, and the quality was great on there, but for some reason it's bad on the wikia??? I have no idea I don't think other people have had this problem

        Loading editor
    • Your new MacBook Pro probably has a much higher resolution Retina display. Unless you're looking at an original high-resolution version of the image on your new laptop, a preview or scaled image will look much worse. I'll bet your new laptop has like 4 times the resolution of the old one, but because the screen sizes are similar and the OS has high-res images for its UI, you think the screens are basically the same.

        Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      Is it just for images on Fandom, or images in general? If the latter, it's probably a difference in settings on your laptop. If the former, it probably also is a difference in settings.

      Is there any obvious difference between the two, like screen size?

      Just fandom, I've tried to go onto google images, and the images look fantastic, and I thought it was the sizing too but its the same size, and I never had the issue with my old laptop rip



      oh well i dont think it's solvable its a really weird indivualistic issue

        Loading editor
    • Just get used to it if it's unsolvable. That's all I can say

        Loading editor
    • ONOLATRY wrote:

      Tupka217 wrote:
      Is it just for images on Fandom, or images in general? If the latter, it's probably a difference in settings on your laptop. If the former, it probably also is a difference in settings.

      Is there any obvious difference between the two, like screen size?

      Just fandom, I've tried to go onto google images, and the images look fantastic, and I thought it was the sizing too but its the same size, and I never had the issue with my old laptop rip



      oh well i dont think it's solvable its a really weird indivualistic issue

      Have you checked up on Fandy's idea above? You're right, it probably won't solve anything, but it looks like the root.

        Loading editor
    • ONOLATRY, are you looking at original, full-size images or scaled, preview images. You never really specified. Also, when you looked at Google images were you logged into Google or anonymous? If you're logged into Google, it may detect your computer type and deliver hi-res images. FANDOM is very unsophisticated in how it renders images compared to a huge company like Google.

        Loading editor
    • Ah, I didn't completely understand but i just went onto my computer, (I'm always logged into the same google everywhere), and simply picked this image, and it's nice in quality,, until uploaded to Fandom/wiki

        Loading editor
    • Please give a link to the one on FANDOM... right now we only have your word. FYI, I happen to have access to both a hi-res Retina MacBook Pro and a 4K iMac, so I should be able to see a similar issue.

        Loading editor
    • oh lmao, here's an example- a page i store pixels i've madeĀ 

      https://animal-jam-clans.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ONOLATRY/Pixel_Gallery_Practice

        Loading editor
    • Those images are totally different than the Google example... how the heck are we supposed to compare?

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.