FANDOM

• The one that prevents me from editing my profile picture (not that I care too much, this star cookie is cute), but I do care about its presence when I'm editing my wiki's wallpaper. Can't add it in.  Also, the favicon needs to be a 16x16 .ico file, something I can't pull off since the art app I'm using refuses to be saved as something other than a .png or .svg and enlarges pictures no matter how small they are anyway. You might tell me to switch apps, and believe me, I've tried. GIMP, MS paint, pixlr, and many others.

So that just won't be possible. That's fine unless anyone is willing to help me get a favicon for my wiki, that would be great. But, anyway, enough of that. I also know for a fact my wallpaper image isn't above 300KB. Thanks

Loading editor
      1. Accrding to this, GIMP should allow you to save to ICO. Even if it doesn't anymore, try to find an online converter.
      2. As for updating your user avatar, which wiki did you try to do it from. As far as I am aware, Wikia has yet to fix the bug where local permissions impact your ability to upload a new avatar. If the wiki you are on when you try to do it requires you to be autoconfirmed, then your upload will be refused. Try using a different wiki like this one that doesn't require you to be autoconfirmed.
      3. Is it giving you any error messages when you try to upload your background? Simply telling us it doesn't work gives us absolutely no idea what could be wrong with it. Perhaps you could upload a copy here so we can see if there is anything odd about the file itself?
        Loading editor
    • Just use GreenFish Icon Editor or something like that cuz itlets you save as ICO correctly!

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      #Accrding to this, GIMP should allow you to save to ICO. Even if it doesn't anymore, try to find an online converter.
      1. As for updating your user avatar, which wiki did you try to do it from. As far as I am aware, Wikia has yet to fix the bug where local permissions impact your ability to upload a new avatar. If the wiki you are on when you try to do it requires you to be autoconfirmed, then your upload will be refused. Try using a different wiki like this one that doesn't require you to be autoconfirmed.
      2. Is it giving you any error messages when you try to upload your background? Simply telling us it doesn't work gives us absolutely no idea what could be wrong with it. Perhaps you could upload a copy here so we can see if there is anything odd about the file itself?

No error messages whatsoever. Just puts a blue box around the upload button and nothing happens

Loading editor
    • What device and web browser are you using? Again, it would help if you could upload a copy here just so we can confrim it isn't the file that is the problem.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      What device and web browser are you using? Again, it would help if you could upload a copy here just so we can confrim it isn't the file that is the problem.

1. Windows PC and I'm using Chrome

Koopa Troopa Cross Arms

please tell me it's the file....

Loading editor
    • That is the image you want to use as your wiki's background? Yeah, it is way too large. The file size is 1.28 MB which is 1310.72 kB; definitely more than 300 kB.

Loading editor
    • "I also know for a fact my wallpaper image isn't above 300KB."

Someone needs to work on their facts.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:
      :"I also know for a fact my wallpaper image isn't above 300KB."

Someone needs to work on their facts.

I thought MB was smaller than KB... sorry

Loading editor
    • well, I'll have to find a file, but my avatar still won't work... Is there any way I can make the file size smaller so it will work?

Loading editor
    • Maybe: https://picresize.com/

I would use Photoshop, but GIMP is free and works almost as well.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:
      Maybe: https://picresize.com/

I would use Photoshop, but GIMP is free and works almost as well.

I have GIMP, and alright, I'll use the pic resizer

Loading editor
    • It looks to me that picresize.com changes the image size, not the file size. You could try compresspng.com. Alternatively, since you have GIMP, use that. If you do a "Save As", you should be able to choose the level of compression. Compressing the image should allow you to decrease the file size but retain the image size.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      It looks to me that picresize.com changes the image size, not the file size. You could try compresspng.com. Alternatively, since you have GIMP, use that. If you do a "Save As", you should be able to choose the level of compression. Compressing the image should allow you to decrease the file size but retain the image size.

thanks!

Loading editor
    • Repeat, you can just use Greenfish Icon Editor which is the most convenient out of them all

Loading editor
    • PewDiePie hit 100 mil that's amazing wrote:
      Repeat, you can just use Greenfish Icon Editor which is the most convenient out of them all

and I'll try that too

Loading editor
    • GOOD

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.