FANDOM

• https://fandom.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021272754-I-have-a-problem-with-an-admin

While this makes it clear that certain staff cannot be removed, what if there is evidence of a violation of Terms of Use? Is there a procedure for that?

Loading editor
    • This blog has some info. It may lead to action. However, the only one who can rule something a ToU violation is the people that wrote it. So send in your interpretation and hope it sticks.

Loading editor
    • If we want to notify Fandom of this rule breaking, where should we do so?

Loading editor
    • Wikia recently moved to a new contact system so I am not entirely sure which form is best for this case. However, it is definitely either this or this. By the way, referring to admin as staff can sometimes cause confusion. Although the two terms can be seen as interchangeable as far as general English is concerned, they are actually two distinct and different groups of users here on FANDOM. Admin are users who have, well, administrative rights on a particular wiki while staff are paid employees of Wikia. While staff can be admins, most admins are not staff.

Loading editor
    • If I have a issue with say, both harassment and encouragement of hate speech and violence, should I just do one of those then?

Loading editor
    • I also apologize for my misuse of the term of Staff. In the wiki I’m from, those with certain administrative rights are called Staff

Loading editor
    • If the issue is harassment and/or encouragement of violence, I would suggest using the second link.

No worries about the terms. I just thought I would bring it up in case you didn't know. There are a lot of wikis that use the two interchangeably so it is reasonable that some users don't think about the distinction when posting here. However, since this wiki is about getting help, the distinction is a bit more important on here.

Loading editor
    • Evidence of ToU violation is always a good reason to contact FANDOM staff. Assuming they agree it is a violation, they should act quickly. You can also discuss the issue with them via email after the initial report.

It's too bad, the new report form sometimes makes it harder to report.

Loading editor
    • If I were to do so, would I be emailed or what would occur?

Loading editor
    • If you send in a message via Special:Contact, further conversations happen via email.

Loading editor
    • Understood

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.